As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What to do in Pomona, CA / Car rental

AwkAwk Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Im going to be visiting my dad in California in a month with my girlfriend and we'll be staying for 3-4 days over the weekend. So many things to do, we're thinking about driving to LA. Neither of us have ever been to California. What should we do? Museums, dining, and so on.

Also, we're both 24, and she will be 25 coming up this november. Any way out of the extra surcharge on a car rental? Any info here would be great too.

Awk on

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Disneyland is only about 30 min away. The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is pretty cool too.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If you're thinking of avoiding driving anywhere out to LA...

Pomona Mining Co. - Old mine-shaft-thing that is now a restaurant thing. Good food, tad pricey, but it's still a nice place.

Pomona Fox Theatre - Recently reopened, lots of concerts selling out there. Might wanna check out what's coming up.

Pomona Glass House - Not far from the Fox, the Glass House is a small venue concert area that I frequent.

You're also within driving distance of the Ontario Mills Mall, Montclair Plaza mall, and there's all sorts of stuff to do along Foothill Blvd aka Historic Route 66. If you're in Pomona, you also have access to Metrolink which makes those pain-in-the-ass drives to LA become 40 minute cruises, should you chose to venture away from the inland valley.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    AwkAwk Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Any more ideas? Pomona, LA, etc. I believe blizzcon will be running the same weekend im there in Anaheim.... tempting!

Awk on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Depending on how much you want to drive, san diego is a bit less than 2 hours away, which gives you LEGOland and the san diego zoo (pandas!).

Also, In and Out have pretty good burgers

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Awk wrote: »
    Any more ideas? Pomona, LA, etc. I believe blizzcon will be running the same weekend im there in Anaheim.... tempting!

I'm pretty sure that Blizzcon has been sold out for a while.

Esh on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nothing is going on at the Pomona Raceway, you could see if anything interesting is running at the Fairplex.

Maybe take in some sports if that's your thing. I hear Angels tickets aren't too hard to grab.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Arikado wrote: »
    If you're thinking of avoiding driving anywhere out to LA...

Pomona Mining Co. - Old mine-shaft-thing that is now a restaurant thing. Good food, tad pricey, but it's still a nice place.

Pomona Fox Theatre - Recently reopened, lots of concerts selling out there. Might wanna check out what's coming up.

Pomona Glass House - Not far from the Fox, the Glass House is a small venue concert area that I frequent.

You're also within driving distance of the Ontario Mills Mall, Montclair Plaza mall, and there's all sorts of stuff to do along Foothill Blvd aka Historic Route 66. If you're in Pomona, you also have access to Metrolink which makes those pain-in-the-ass drives to LA become 40 minute cruises, should you chose to venture away from the inland valley.

seconded on the glass house! i used to go there a lot.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1