As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't reformat Vista Laptop...

XenoXeno Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
My Vista HP laptop needs a reformat.

I went and created a recovery disk. It used 3 dvd's in total.

So I pop in disk 1/3 and restart and make sure that it boots up the computer using dvd drive first.

So then it goes to a black screen, and in the top left hand corner, it shows a blinking white line. The kinda line where it looks like you're supposed to type something (you can't type anything). Kinda looks like it in DOS or something.

Half a minute later, the line moves down a little, still blinking, and then thats it. I've left it alone for a good 10 minutes and that line just sits there, blinking, not moving at all. The dvd drive isn't spinning or anything. I've tried to do this several times, and it does the same thing each time.

Anyone know whats up?

Thanks guys!

Xeno on

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    In my experience HP recovery discs are annoying and fuck up a lot. Better to just get a Vista disc from somewhere and use that, to be honest.

LaCabra on