Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Blank]boarding Thread

124»

• ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah I was looking for a picture of that kid's website with "And I also like to skate some." when I saw the thread but never could find anything.

DrMario1.jpg
    XBOX LIVE - VAULT BOY 42
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    old school longboarding was rad

when that's all motherfuckers had, so they flipped mean tricks

now i just associate with 14 year olds skating around their neighborhood and smoking cigarettes, goddamn ruffians

reposig.jpg
  • moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That dude in the blue suit is pretty rad.

But how do you stop, other than going all the way to the bottom of the hill? What if there's like a big car wreck in front of you that you can't go around?

Do you just crater?

imttnk.png
    edited July 2009
    This made me nervous just watching.

DrMario1.jpg
    XBOX LIVE - VAULT BOY 42
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't get all the hate with long boards. Yeah, a lot of douche bags get in peoples way on them, and they've basically become a fashion accessory, but if you find some big ass hills with barely any people or cars around, that shit is fun.

because this is the internet and we have to maintain a sense of superiority over everybody

• Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    You know what my brakes have been for five years

Bailing

Or doing that wonderful wipe-out where you stumble forward for about two-three steps, lose any semblance of balance, and smash your face into the road

• ilmmadilmmad Registered User
    edited July 2009
    I don't get all the hate with long boards. Yeah, a lot of douche bags get in peoples way on them, and they've basically become a fashion accessory, but if you find some big ass hills with barely any people or cars around, that shit is fun.

The key is to not be a fag and actually use the damn thing.

That being said, I still prefer normal skateboarding most of the time.

Edit: Look at these crazy dudes. This is what it's all about.

Skip to 2:30
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1a03xMy0MU

Che poster at 1:00 ehhhh

Ilmmad.gif
  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Why is every skate video filmed with a fisheye lens?

sig_lambo.jpg
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

I was just wondering this myself.

Not that that video isn't completely insane.

polar-bearsig.jpg
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Most of the time skateboarding is being filmed very close up, and a fish eye allows you to capture more from that kind of perspective. You don't want someone to kickflip right out of the shot.

Edit: I'm guessing they used it in this video because they probably aren't looking through the camera going that fast, and they'd be more likely to capture the other dude with one.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

FishEyeLens1.jpg

xmassig2.gif
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    As for stopping, if you wanna risk crashing, you can do slides to slow down. But when you're going that fast, no way in hell.

Downhill is scary as fuck, but oh man the adrenaline rush is like no other

Tumbling
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Baka!
    Belief in the heart of friendship and you'll always be kawaii Tommy-Chan!

• moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think I'll stick to the snowboard. :D

imttnk.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Snowboarding is fun

this can be a snowboarding thread too

Tumbling
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Baka!
    Belief in the heart of friendship and you'll always be kawaii Tommy-Chan!

edited July 2009
    I was always that guy in school that loved skateboarding, most of their friends skateboarded, but could never actually skateboard themself.

I was always terrible at it, and that's not to say I didn't try. I did, but man it was ugly all around. I have such an appreciation for it though and I love watching it.

DrMario1.jpg
    XBOX LIVE - VAULT BOY 42
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME GOD

SIG.gif
  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Energy drinks all-together are a placebo effect. I can down three red bulls in five minutes with nothing to show for it except being out $6.
    caffeine is bullshit government propaganda

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Energy drinks all-together are a placebo effect. I can down three red bulls in five minutes with nothing to show for it except being out $6.
    caffeine is bullshit government propaganda

coffee, caffeine pills, energy drinks, injecting meth into your eyes

these are all things that are 100% placebos

www.twitter.com/amazingwarlock
  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    kids that die from drinking 20+ energy drinks are really just master magicians

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That video is fucking insane. When I was at my old place and my old job, it was basically a two-mile skate that was all downhill, but through some of the worst traffic in the area. I've never been big on skating between cars (though there's one street in Portland that's awesome to skate down the wrong way in the middle of the night, well-lit and visible, of course), but it used to be my hobby to see if I could get all the way to work without having to put a foot down. I managed it twice, two beautiful skates where the lights and traffic were on my side and I flew down to work in about 14 minutes.

Nothing quite like falling off of a longboard. Falling off of a skateboard usually doesn't dictate that you're going so fast that speed-wobble has taken every bit of balance you could have hoped to have. Longboards, though... I've torn clean through a pair of Dickies and got some ridiculous road-rash through a pair of yoga pants which, miraculously, didn't tear, but were kind enough to absorb a whole lot of blood as a I finished going to work.

I got some looks.

My favorite road rash was the morning I woke up at my coworker's house, still dressed for kitchen, missing my pants, and had to skate home a mile in my underwear, a hangover, and a hoodie. Ate it rounding a corner and opened my leg from thigh to calf. That's what you get for boarding stupid.

Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    kids that die from drinking 20+ energy drinks are really just master magicians

Faking their deaths to get out of going to class so they can continue to be EXTREME!

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
124»