As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finally getting a SFIV Fight Stick(SE)

robotbeboprobotbebop Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Yay! I've finally been able to order one online somewhere that will actually ship to Canada. Thank you Capcom :) This could've been the case for quite a while but I had given up hope.

Anyway, has anybody picked one up recently? I'm trying to find out if the loose-washer issue has been resolved in recent shipments. I tried googling but couldn't find anything solid.

I'm contemplating ordering a Sanwa drop-in stick just for good measure anyway. Is it worth it to replace all the buttons as well?

Speaking of buttons, this may seem very uhm.. stupid but... can you get LED illuminated Sanwa buttons?

Do not feel trapped by the need to achieve anything, this way you achieve everything.

Oh, hey I'm making a game! Check it out: Dr. Weirdo!
robotbebop on

• Options
    T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Where did you get it? If its shipping internationallly via UPS be prepared for some bullshit brokerage fees. They charged me $ 59 + the usual taxes & duty when my TE came in. I wish I refused delivery because the store claimed they were using another carrier. (I'm in BC)

Getting a Sanwa (or Semitsu) stick would be a good choice. You'll likely have to get the buttons eventually anyway so might as well order at the same time.

T-bolt on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    T-bolt wrote: »
    Where did you get it? If its shipping internationallly via UPS be prepared for some bullshit brokerage fees. They charged me $ 59 + the usual taxes & duty when my TE came in. I wish I refused delivery because the store claimed they were using another carrier. (I'm in BC)

Getting a Sanwa (or Semitsu) stick would be a good choice. You'll likely have to get the buttons eventually anyway so might as well order at the same time.

I ordered it from the Capcom US store online. I saw that UPS was an option and was way more expensive so I opted for international post - USPS and then to Canada post when it crosses the border. I'll probably still get nailed for customs but it shouldn't be anything retarded like UPS' brokerage fees.

How did you order yours? I gotta tell you I cannot find a single online store in Canada that is selling them and, god damnit, I hate EB.

robotbebop on
    Do not feel trapped by the need to achieve anything, this way you achieve everything.

• Options
    edited July 2009
    I got it from the website of an independent store in California. They claimed "everything" was sent through USPS. When I complained the guy said that USPS would have been much more expensive for them, and were shocked that UPS up here would charge so much.... even though he mentioned of a previous time he shipped a Wii to Canada and had the same problem. Ugh... I should be getting a free used game from them soon though.

T-bolt on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Has yours experienced the loose washer issue ?

robotbebop on

• Options
    edited July 2009
    I've got a TE, not an SE, so no.

T-bolt on
  • Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My SE had that issue, I just took the washer out, it served no purpose that I could observe

rfalias on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    rfalias wrote: »
    My SE had that issue, I just took the washer out, it served no purpose that I could observe

There's since been no adverse effects?

robotbebop on