Options

swollen tonsils?

The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple,unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
alrighty

I got really really drunk last night, and forgot to drink water before I went to sleep

I woke up this morning and the top rear of my mouth is all swollen, hurts to swollow etc etc.

Is this just dehydration mixed with snoring or something?
An infection that can happen and just go away?
Or will I need to see a doctor?

I will probably see a doctor if it persists a day or so more

For reference, I woke up about 4-5 hours ago, drank a bit of gatorade and a few glasses of water. I don't know if it is lessening at all, if it is, it's quite slowly

The Black Hunter on

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've never heard of drinking causing swollen tonsils, unless perhaps you're having some kind of reaction. It's probably an infection.

You can try to wait it out, but if it's too painful or lasts more than a day or two, seeing a doctor is probably a good idea.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    alrighty cool

I didn't think the drinking itself would do it, the ensuing dehydration and drunken snoring would though

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    ResidentSleepwalkerResidentSleepwalker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    One morning after a long night of drinking I woke up with pain in my ass. (Sadly, I'm not kidding.)

I assumed I had fallen and bruised my tail bone. The pain got worse over 2 days. I finally went and saw a doctor.

Apparently, between the night of my drinking binge and the next morning I had grown a tumor on my tail bone. They preformed emeregency surgery that same day.

If it doesn't get better in a day or so - go see a doctor. Ya never know what your body'll do when you're hammered.

ResidentSleepwalker on