As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Goddamnit, here's yer [chat]

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    There's a story about how Dali went to expensive restaurants and ordered the most expensive shit. Then he paid with a check.

Before handing the check over, he made a doodle on it.

Then the restaurant people were all "holy shit, the Great Master made a doodle on our check! We shall frame this masterpiece and hang in on our wall!"

And then Dali was all :winky: and twirled his mustache.

How's that working out for him?

He got free lunches... until the economy tanked and the restaurants decided to cash in the checks.

Which, now that I think about it, is a great analogy for the American economy.

Echo on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Ernest Hemingway had a race

who won

(Pound because he was the fascist)

Elendil on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Who else wouldn't mind my weird film obsessions, though? 'Film buffs', and those are often even more annoying than hipsters.

:x

Hahaha.

I went once to watch Pulp Fiction when our student theater was showing it. All the kids who worked there and a few of their other film student friends were on the back-row. What did they do? Said almost every line of the film along with the characters.

Remember the scene in Boiler Room where they watch Wall Street? It was like that, and I wanted to punch them in the face and nutballs.

I admit I do that in my head with Die Hard.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Who else wouldn't mind my weird film obsessions, though? 'Film buffs', and those are often even more annoying than hipsters.

Hahaha.

I went once to watch Pulp Fiction when our student theater was showing it. All the kids who worked there and a few of their other film student friends were on the back-row. What did they do? Said almost every line of the film along with the characters.

Remember the scene in Boiler Room where they watch Wall Street? It was like that, and I wanted to punch them in the face and nutballs.
    was it a midnight showing?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This is interesting, but not interesting enough for a full thread.

http://physicscentral.com/buzz/blog/index.cfm?postid=3414795237807494042
    he next time someone cuts you off on your morning commute, don't be so quick to call the driver a jerk; you may have a reason to say thanks. According to the latest physics research, rule-breakers (drivers passing you on the wrong side or changing lanes too close to the intersection) actually help smooth the flow of traffic for the rest of us.

"The interesting finding is that if most of the people are law-abiding, and you have a certain amount of people who are breaking the rule, then you are actually getting the minimum chance of a [traffic] jam," said Petter Minnhagen, a physicist at Sweden's Umea University and an author of the paper published in the journal Physical Review E.

Because rule-breakers "carve out their own path," Flynn said, they dilute large concentrations of rule-abiders moving in the same way. He pointed out an example familiar to anyone who has driven on a two-lane road: breaking the speed limit to pass a slow vehicle prevents a long chain of cars from forming.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    the ocean > a lake

I would like to live on the ocean someday but right now that is not an option.

Also the lake is warmer.

James on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    So I bought the Enormo-Dildo for $2 yesterday. Looks like I'll have something to keep me preoccupied for a little bit this evening at work.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    its pouring out.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Ernest Hemingway had a race

who won

(Pound because he was the fascist)

hahahahaha amazing

Seriously, thought, Pound is hella neglected. Had the Cantos been more popular, I dare say that the history of literature would be much different.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2009
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Hahaha.

was it a midnight showing?

Midnightish (11)

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Feral that works until you have 15 cabbies blocking the intersection every green light

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Film Buffs/Geeks overall are annoying but there are a few good ones. I spent a lot of time hanging around Aint it Cool News folks online, once upon a time. I used to fancy myself a film buff. But then I finally stopped lying to myself and realized that I honestly only care for movies with spaceships or swords and sorcery, and generally having a happy ending. I am at peace with myself now. I am a true blue escapist.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Film Scholars are really annoying.

they have massive inferiority complexes from comparing themselves to Literature Scholars.

so they are purposely more obtuse and retard to compensate.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Film Buffs/Geeks overall are annoying but there are a few good ones. I spent a lot of time hanging around Aint it Cool News folks online, once upon a time. I used to fancy myself a film buff. But then I finally stopped lying to myself and realized that I honestly only care for movies with spaceships or swords and sorcery, and generally having a happy ending. I am at peace with myself now. I am a true blue escapist.

That's fine man, where I hate film buffs is the annoying ones will tell you, you are wrong. Appreciation of a film is a very subjective thing, there is no true right or wrong (except for people who like magnolia you are kid fuckers).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

she married a rollercoaster instead of a money clip. Both are still inanimate objects? How is she any different from her sisters, really?

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    the question is:

Do i not care about some words because they have no meaning to me or do they have no meaning to me because I don't care about them.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

she married a rollercoaster instead of a money clip. Both are still inanimate objects? How is she any different from her sisters, really?

Look I like rollercoaster of love too, but the song was a metaphor man, they didn't actually mean fuck the coaster.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2009

they have massive inferiority complexes from comparing themselves to Literature Scholars.

I'm going to be a webcomics scholar.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    My favorite film geek is Moriarty formerly of AICN, now he's on some other site he co-owns or something. I don't like the format.

Anyway, he's amazingly knowledgeable but also down to earth and can understand liking trash films because they entertain. He's also a screenwriter. Did a couple of episodes of Masters of Horror, but I'm not a horror buff.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    how do you get off to a picture of a rollercoaster?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Look I like rollercoaster of love too, but the song was a metaphor man, they didn't actually mean fuck the coaster.

My point was that all womenz marry inanimate objects olol misogyny. But thanks for ruining the joke.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/1000406.html

Ahh horse fuckers, when a brothers love of a big ass just goes too far.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Lots of up and down motions. Double entendre ftw.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Well you could always roll the picture up in a cylinder. Damn it duna this is not very difficult!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Barrel rolls.

moniker on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

This makes me smile.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

I'm going to be a webcomics scholar.

the mise en scene of today's achewood is reminiscent of german expressionism

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Well you could always roll the picture up in a cylinder. Damn it duna this is not very difficult!

I need a diagram.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Where's that one candidate for public office who fucked a donkey and then a watermelon?

moniker on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

reminds me of As She Climbed Across the Table

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    moniker wrote: »

Where's that one candidate for public office who fucked a donkey and then a watermelon?

Currently in the white house the damn kenyan!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Midnightish (11)

yeah, unfortunately that's how those late showings tend to go. I wouldn't want to watch a movie that I'd never seen before at one of them.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Todays achewood is interesting, I hope Onstad isn't killing off Beef though.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    man I've been to that amusement park

Elendil on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »

The love between a woman and a table is a sacred thing.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Todays achewood is interesting, I hope Onstad isn't killing off Beef though.

you mean, again

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »

The love between a woman and a table is a sacred thing.

black hole, actually

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It's Becket time.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009