As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

s1ckh4ndsb4ss & cloudeagle appreciation thread

• sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Kor wrote: »
    So for someone who doesn't recognize Spinal Tap. Are there any of "oh, its that song" songs?

Unless you've seen the movie, probably not.

Watch the movie.

Do it.

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well, I mean, if you've played GH2 you know Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You

BlindPsychic on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sweet, finally getting Hell Hole.

I need to get a roommate to act as a roadie so I can recreate this scene:

Hell Hole, Nigel's solo

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'll have to hear the re-recorded versions first, but I love me some Spinal Tap. Stonehenge and America especially will be awesome.

Sir Carcass on
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I can't believe no one's as excited as I am about Stonehenge.

DO STONEHENGE!

No one knows who they were or what they were doing...

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    paradise city idk

stairway is a case of led zeppelin being impossible to acquire license rights for

Also Zep hate's rhythm games.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wow, I was just browsing around Spinal Tap videos on the 'tube, and found this legitimately awesome fan music video for Back From The Dead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Li0Xb4kTfg&NR=1

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    3 points of disinterest:

#1: I wish you could set up a collection of songs you want to play when doing multiplayer vs over XBL. Some songs I just can't play/have no interest in playing. Complete randomness is stupid. Like me and some other guy really want to play Let There Be Rock on expert drums.

#2: Spinal Tap is a pretty terrible week of DLC.

#3: Turns out that rechargable AA batteries come in 1.2v flavor instead of disposable 1.5v. Luckily they power the drums alright but the guitar won't even turn on trying to use them. Which sucks. I am not a fan of wireless devices with no option to attach a plug to them.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Back from the Dead may be the first full album I buy. Huh.

Mr Pink on
    edited July 2009
    Pearl Jam's new album "Backspacer" will be DLC on the album's release day (9/20); Target to sell album+DLC bundle. http://is.gd/1WwAz

BlindPsychic on
  • toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wow, that's shocking. I really like the new single, so it'll probably be an instant buy for me.

toolbert on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If the Backspacer album + DLC edition ends up being a reasonable price (as in, I can buy the album for the same or less than the price of the DLC album through the RB store), I might just go for the whole thing.

I just listened to The Fixer for the first time, though. I think the song might need to grow on me a little before I think about buying the album or the song itself.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    After reading the article, the disk is really going all out. Not only will you get the album, but you'll be able to choose from 2 full live shows to download. So the DLC version may not be much of a difference in price if they're already giving you a full album and two live shows for the price of one album. I think its worth it if you really like Pearl Jam.

toolbert on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well, that's just the tiniest bit of an understatement...

The only reason I have any interest in their new album is the cover art is done by Tom Tomorrow. Other than that, I expect it to sound just as 'good' as everything else they've done.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    A heads up on the Tap album DLC, while they are the classic Tap songs they are actually rerecorded versions specific to the new album. However I don't hear much of a difference between the two versions but if there are crys of "Ruined 4evar!!!!" it's not HMX's fault.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nocren wrote: »
    A heads up on the Tap album DLC, while they are the classic Tap songs they are actually rerecorded versions specific to the new album. However I don't hear much of a difference between the two versions but if there are crys of "Ruined 4evar!!!!" it's not HMX's fault.

I imagine the vocals are going to be a bit off since they're all older and such. Which is usually the sticking point for the usual complaint of 'I don't like it' when it comes to covers, live tracks, and re-records. (Cut my song into pieces!...)

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sex Farm's got a funky new bass line and Gimme Some Money is Reggae-fied... not sure if the others have changed much, but I'm all for those two.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    edited July 2009
    I think you misspelled (Listen to The) Flower People.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shit. Stupid malfunctioning brain.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm pretty "meh" on next week's DLC.

But I wound up getting 11 songs last night from this week and some weeks past so I'm more than satisfied for the moment anyways.

UnbreakableVow on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah I'm gonna take a long hiatus from DLC purchases, methinks, unless something must-have comes out. I just got my new microphone today so I have lots to catch up on with that.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited July 2009
    I'm probably going to wait until after the Pepsi promo is over before I commit to spending funbucks on songs/packs. It's bad enough I'm already starting to 'lose' more often, I don't want to spend points for songs I could get for 'free'.

Unless they announce a Joe Walsh pack/album... Then I'd just piss my points away like so much confetti.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I mentioned in the previous thread that my area still hadn't gotten any Pepsi/ Rock Band promotion bottles. I found out today that I was wrong. Pepsi Throwback (the only kind I drink anymore) doesn't have it, but all the regular does, and apparently has for awhile.

So, I decided I didn't want to switch back to regular Pepsi for the promo, and considering I work at a grocery store, that I needed to find a way to get caps. Our store recycles plastic bottles and stores them in the back to get picked up and processed. A quick skim netted me 20 caps. I'm planning on doing this a lot.

8-)

So, when is the best time to enter the codes? Anything else about the promo I should know?

UEAKCrash on
    edited July 2009
    Any time, I'm guessing.

I still haven't lost.

UnbreakableVow on
    edited July 2009
    Entering the codes can be done whenever you have access to a thing which enters codes. There doesn't seem to be a good time to redeem the points for songs as I've taken to doing it around 12a-1a PDT and in the last two days I've lost on the first go... And I'm only trying to win once...

If it didn't cost you any money to get the codes, then claiming them all at once, even if you lose 80% of the time is still a victory.

The other prizes are much harder to win.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well I got 4 songs off 22 codes. But I tried for RB 2 a few times in there, as well.

UEAKCrash on
  • polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arikado wrote: »
    Yeah I'm gonna take a long hiatus from DLC purchases, methinks, unless something must-have comes out. I just got my new microphone today so I have lots to catch up on with that.

I smell reunion tour. :mrgreen:

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This guy has videos up of Sgt. Peppers/With A Little Help From My Friends, Revolution, Birthday, and Here Comes The Sun without note charts. Really allows you to catch all of the details in the dreamscapes.

YardGnome on
    edited August 2009
    Was posted a few pages back.

To reiterate, first video looks weird, the rest are aces except for Ringo who always looks weird.

UnbreakableVow on
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This is on Youtube, though. Plus it seems like VH1 deleted their videos.

YardGnome on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also they're in the original 16:9 format! Awesome find sir.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sorry to break it up a tad, but I'm debating getting a pre-owned copy of Rock Band 1 for $80, brand new is $100.

Is there any major downside to buying Rock Band pre-owned? Transfer code being used? (Which is unlikely, as there's no Rock Band 2 here to transfer it to) Or any other hidden things I should be aware of?

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The way RB1 transfers, you can use the same disc unlimited times. You have to download a $5 license through Xbox Live or PSN before it will let you transfer the songs, and that's the only limitation. Once that gamertag/ID has purchased the license it can be used multiple times as well.

As long as the disc is in good condition there's really nothing more to worry about than buying any other game pre-owned.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Unlucky wrote: »
    Sorry to break it up a tad, but I'm debating getting a pre-owned copy of Rock Band 1 for $80, brand new is $100.

Is there any major downside to buying Rock Band pre-owned? Transfer code being used? (Which is unlikely, as there's no Rock Band 2 here to transfer it to) Or any other hidden things I should be aware of?

Pretty much what JC of DI said.

Also, since we don't have RB2, the transfer license cannot be purchased from our AU/NZ XBox Live/PSN servers.

Other things:

If you buy the AU release of Rock Band, then you'll also get the Euro tracks that the NA version didn't originally come with.

Our AU/NZ DLC catalogue is almost identical to the NA catalogue - but every now and then there's the odd song that we cannot buy/download. I think there are less than 10 songs where this is the case, though, out of... like... what, over 700?

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I downloaded quite a few songs the other night off of XboxLive to my hard drive I brought to my friends house because my internets is acting kookie with my box. Either way we played the songs while at his house, however when I got home I can't get the songs to load up with my RB2 and when I look for them on my hard drive they are there but not in the same RB2 folder but instead in a RB folder right above it.
    Any suggestions on how to fix this or diagnosis of what the problem is?

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
    edited August 2009
    They're supposed to be in the RB folder. The problem you're having is some of Microsoft's dumb copy protection

BlindPsychic on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You probably just need to re-download* the songs.

It isn't actually a full re-download, its more like you're reacquiring the license. A 30mb download will only take like 6 seconds. Just go into your download history folder, and queue them all up again.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    gotcha thanks

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I recently bought RB2, where do I get these free 20 songs?

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Back of the manual.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen