As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wang in Conflict - Everybody wants to rule the world! Join the new Clan!!

124»

• Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, true to my nature I invoke my mad necromancy skillz and ressurect the corpse of this thread.

I bought the Complete Edition of World in Conflict but I haven't managed to install it since the damn thing insists that 30+ gigs of harddrive space isn't enough to install the game.

Has anyone encountered the same problem? I tried to post my problem on the Massive forums but that place is a fucking wasteland these days.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No I haven't...what about Steam forums?

It's a shame for such a good game.

Hawk on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The complete edition is, what, the original game and the Soviet Assault expansion, right?

For me, that comes up to 6.4 GB

Synthesis on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This thread popping back up is making me want to install the game again. This really was one of my favorite RTS games. It still has the best explosions.

Is the studio no more? I would have loved a sequel. I just hope more RTS games go this route. Screw base building and resource gathering!

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The studio still exists. They were recently bought by Ubisoft, and through Ubi they released the Soviet Assault expansion.

That's why I love this game, I'm not much of an RTS player, so the more action and tactical I can.

Hawk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Synthesis wrote: »
    The complete edition is, what, the original game and the Soviet Assault expansion, right?

Which is why my problem is so weird. Even with a horribly, inefficently programmed installer you shouldn't need 30+ gigs to install the damn thing. Is this one of these games that absolutly has to be installed under C: or the same partition as Windows or what?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

Which is why my problem is so weird. Even with a horribly, inefficently programmed installer you shouldn't need 30+ gigs to install the damn thing. Is this one of these games that absolutly has to be installed under C: or the same partition as Windows or what?

I'd doubt it, but it's more likely than your installation mysteriously needing more than +30 GB.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fuckdamnit, I was really looking forward playing some WiC while my son is sleeping soundly..

Silpheed on
  • Options
    Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dashui wrote: »
    This thread popping back up is making me want to install the game again. This really was one of my favorite RTS games. It still has the best explosions.

Is the studio no more? I would have loved a sequel. I just hope more RTS games go this route. Screw base building and resource gathering!

I think I still have this installed. I'd be willing to give it a shot some time.

Edith_Bagot-Dix on

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This game really did not get the attention it deserved. I had some fantastic multiplayer action in Beta and after it was released.

Does anyone know if there are any problems with having the main game on disc and getting the expansion over Steam?

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yes they are incompatable.

Steam WiC with Steam WiC expansion only. No mix n' match, sorry.

Hawk on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fortunately, you can get the World in Conflict Complete Edition on Steam for $19.99, which gets you everything. If you only wanted Soviet Assault, they're selling it for that same price individually. I actually just waited for a sale, which finally happened in December. I had already owned the full game in non-Steam form, but figured I couldn't lose for $10.

SteevL on