As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mini] inPHALLAMOUS - Game Over! City, Cole, Police , but mostly Coutts Victory!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, voice of survival = public seer, or narration-inserter. Thoughts?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oaklore:

<- Check the Avatar.

Houn on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I seriously hope no one would waste a public seer when you were going to call your kill anyway.

I guess we find out tonight.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    :?

Does this mean no one is going to contact me? You guys realize the "bad guy good guy" thing is just for powers, right....?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I luvs yah, kimester. Voice is probably a narration-inserter, that role seems popular these days for a reason I can't fathom.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    kime wrote: »

Does this mean no one is going to contact me? You guys realize the "bad guy good guy" thing is just for powers, right....?

ill contact you, buddy...

but i dont really have any powers or way to prove myself

psolms on
  • Options
    Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wonder if there will be a ton of vote close shenanigans tomorrow to make for today's lack off.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    GtC used it cleverly in Phallafly. Otherwise it's pretty pointless.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Fatal3RR0R wrote: »
    I wonder if there will be a ton of vote close shenanigans tomorrow to make for today's lack off.
    First place was too solid to have shenanigans.

Narration inserter has a lot of potential. If you get the narration-inserter seered and in the network, then you've got yourself an anonymous mouthpiece, which is nice.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh great, another day 1 death. I'll get you yet.

Also, hope you enjoyed the police brutality Element Brian OLOLOLOooOOOoOL

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Again - How do we know that for sure? Cole could get pretty f-ing nasty in the game.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Again - How do we know that for sure? Cole could get pretty f-ing nasty in the game.

Really? I dunno, I was a good guy when I played :lol:. Really though, he still tried to kill the bad guys and such, right? As in, get rid of the gangs and clear the city of them?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bleh, lost what I wanted to say. Typing again!

So, although I personally think it should be fairly obvious, based on the source and whatnot, that we are working together, I suppose I can offer the always-doubting village some host-supported evidence.

First, the narration makes it fairly obvious that Element Brian looked like a baddie. Both me and B:L thought we were killing a bad guy, which makes no sense if I wanted to kill any villagers.

But the most important clue is what Cole (I) says next:
    Name's Cole. I'll take care of these hoods; you boys just keep the people safe and out of my way.

Really, does that need to be any clearer :lol:? "I'm going to kill the gangs, the bad guys. I do not want to hurt villagers." It's fairly simple, right there haha.

So stop doubting my or I will ZAP ZAP you!

Edit: More proof, because I feel like it. I was looking up the Voice of Survival in the wiki, and at the bottom it lists the main characters. Check out where Cole is listed :P. (Hint: It's not under "Evil" or "Other".)

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thing is, as a vig, your win condition may change as you accidentally hit more civillians and become more evil.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thing is, as a vig, your win condition may change as you accidentally hit more civillians and become more evil.

well then lets help him not hit civillians

psolms on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Which really doesn't fit the source, I don't think? I mean, Cole's goal in the game is never to kill innocent people, right? (Save for evil side-missions, which I think may. Talking about storyline stuff.)

Anyways, I'm clearly listed as a "Good" character, so there! :P

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    psolms wrote: »

If all the gang members would kindly step forward and identify yourselves so that us citizens may live, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Cleonicus wrote: »

If all the gang members would kindly step forward and identify yourselves so that us citizens may live, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

youve got the idea.

psolms on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kime's only killed one civilian. That's not likely to be enough to change his win condition.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cleonicus wrote: »

I'm a gang member.

First Sons represent, yo'!

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Now I have to kill you, vagrant, or I'll feel silly if you turn out bad!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    PEW PEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I already PM'd Houn, but wanted to let you know too. I thought I could fit this in with this coming week's absurd work schedule, but my borderline inactivity this weekend while I'm just prepping for voir dire and opening has basically proven me wrong, so I'm going to withdraw so my spot can be given to someone able to devote more time and activity to the game. Sorry Houn, but I will still be following the thread during recesses (yes, I'm that addicted).

Julius Caezure on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I already PM'd Houn, but wanted to let you know too. I thought I could fit this in with this coming week's absurd work schedule, but my borderline inactivity this weekend while I'm just prepping for voir dire and opening has basically proven me wrong, so I'm going to withdraw so my spot can be given to someone able to devote more time and activity to the game. Sorry Houn, but I will still be following the thread during recesses (yes, I'm that addicted).

aha! now i get to move forward with my arivia grudge!

i mean.. sucks you have to leave man.

psolms on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My vote tonight is going to Psolms, who shows just a tremendous amount of activity for someone who has no special purpose. That usually means you are evil. Also he has been extremely active in the sort of bantar that evils try to promote to get bandwagons on people and off themselves. Until we have a better lead, I feel comfortable sacrificing him.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Good luck wasting a kill. :P

I'll let you try to figure out who I might be.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Good luck wasting a kill. :P

I'll let you try to figure out who I might be.

That's not a very good process :?....

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That's not a very good process :?....

Well, I am terrible.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    My vote tonight is going to Psolms, who shows just a tremendous amount of activity for someone who has no special purpose. That usually means you are evil. Also he has been extremely active in the sort of bantar that evils try to promote to get bandwagons on people and off themselves. Until we have a better lead, I feel comfortable sacrificing him.

i have 3 (now 4) more posts than you. thats all.

the good news is that you were already on my suspicious list.

early throwaway vote on aznman (third in the bandwagon), then the third vote on geebs, clearly avoiding the OS bandwagon.

sorry, lady eri, but when are the mafia in the top 4 posters? the second highest being the host, the first being kime - the confirmed protagonist.

psolms on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2009
    Oh come on, how come the people that voted for me last round are voting for each other? What am I supposed to do with this, flip a coin? I only get one vote.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh come on, how come the people that voted for me last round are voting for each other? What am I supposed to do with this, flip a coin? I only get one vote.

remember the whole 3rd vote thing? vote eri... :P

psolms on
  • Options
    SigmundSigmund Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Um, not to be a party pooper, but the Villager win condition is to eliminate ALL threats to their city... so.... even though it will most likely get me killed, wouldn't Kime be considered a threat?

Sigmund on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ZAP ZAP!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sigmund wrote: »
    Um, not to be a party pooper, but the Villager win condition is to eliminate ALL threats to their city... so.... even though it will most likely get me killed, wouldn't Kime be considered a threat?

I was thinking the same thing but didnt want to be the first to vote for him cause of the same fear of him killing me.

Waiting to see what the general consensus of the village is concerning Kime before I vote.

Osvik on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

its a pretty good idea to vote out the confirmed protagonist of the source material...

psolms on
  • Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

At the moment kime seems to be an SK, who admits to trying to help the village (we'll see how that works). If he is gunning for the gangs then I think keeping him alive for a couple of days shouldn't hurt much. And if he does count as a threat to the city, then we can vote him out once the gangs are dealt with or when we decide he is more of a liability than an ally.

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Osvik wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing but didnt want to be the first to vote for him cause of t same fear of him killing me.

Waiting to see what the general consensus of the village is concerning Kime before I vote.

At this point we're probably fine. Vigs hit vanilligers all the time. That happening once and it resulting in an alignment shift seems unlikely so its probably is nothing to worry about.

If Kime keeps zapping citizens, or hits a good special or too, we'll probably be updated with our attitude toward Cole(ie something worse than thug) and hopefully it will be obvious that he's a 'threat.'

Basically we're fine until he's inPhallamous.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Lady Eri wrote: »

i have 3 (now 4) more posts than you. thats all.

the good news is that you were already on my suspicious list.

early throwaway vote on aznman (third in the bandwagon), then the third vote on geebs, clearly avoiding the OS bandwagon.

sorry, lady eri, but when are the mafia in the top 4 posters? the second highest being the host, the first being kime - the confirmed protagonist.

Your logic is that because I avoided jumping on the bandwagon for OS (who as I understand it, is innocent) I am suspicious?

All aboard the votetrain, next stop, Psolmville.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, "thug" seems kind of not completely terrible and awful yet. I'm sure it'll get worse if his aim doesn't improve.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh, you all amuse me :P. You and your silly theories and half-worked strategies.

Specifically at dune: Your strategy is how my team won Fate :P. (And general village stupidity, of course.) The original plan was to keep me alive for just a couple days. That's basically always how the SK has a chance at winning.

Of course, that doesn't apply in this scenario, but shhhh, we can ignore that :lol:.

Edit: Geebs: Of course, if I keep hitting good guys, I will become an "Outlaw" and then "Infamous." You aren't doubting that, are you?

kime on
    Steam profile