As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories

• The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    I'm not really comfortable relating any crazy ex stories in a venue that is Google-indexed and might be read by people close to me in real life.

So instead, I'll relate a little bit of what it's like being polyamorous in the SF bay area and on OKCupid.

Right now, I'm dating an awesome girl, let's call her L. L is married and her husband, C, has a girlfriend V who unbeknownst to me until recently had been trying to set up a date with my good friend and ex-girlfriend M. M just got a new tattoo from her tattoo artist H who had a crush on her back in the day and confided his frustrations in his friend S, but I didn't know this until after I'd gone out with S for a few dates and she started talking about M and H. Now, around the time I met L I was dating another girl, A and I had also signed up for a volunteer opportunity at a nonprofit, where the training was being done by my ex Y. Now it's not terribly surprising that I encountered Y since she was the one who told me about the nonprofit in the first place but she told me she had quit before we even started dating. What was weird is that A had crossed paths with Y at a party and in her brief five-minute contact came face-to-face with all the reasons Y and I never worked out.

Instead or words, can we have a flow-chart?

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I got my crazy girlfriend pregnant, so I have a ton of stories that are in no sight of ending.
    Should I post them piece meal, or just make one super post?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I did my business with this girl, on a gravel roadway, in front of all our friends for another five minutes before I bust my nut. I was a damn stupid 14 year old. And she, she was the devil. I have other, non-dating/sex stories to share at a different time.

That fucking harpy girl was the reason I wasn't allowed to hang out with some of my friend senior year after I cleaned up my act. I kept hearing about how "[Crowing] has sex with girls in the woods!"

Suffice to say she's married with a kid, now. After years oif therapy, special schools and intervention.

Why the hell did your friends stand and watch?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited August 2009
    I got my crazy girlfriend pregnant, so I have a ton of stories that are in no sight of ending.
    Should I post them piece meal, or just make one super post?

Divy them out over a few days. I need entertainment at the office. ;p

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    stand and watch? at 12 to 15, i would have thrown rocks at him or poked his scrotum with a stick.

Evil Multifarious on
    edited August 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    I did my business with this girl, on a gravel roadway, in front of all our friends for another five minutes before I bust my nut. I was a damn stupid 14 year old. And she, she was the devil. I have other, non-dating/sex stories to share at a different time.

That fucking harpy girl was the reason I wasn't allowed to hang out with some of my friend senior year after I cleaned up my act. I kept hearing about how "[Crowing] has sex with girls in the woods!"

Suffice to say she's married with a kid, now. After years oif therapy, special schools and intervention.

Why the hell did your friends stand and watch?

So they could cheer? Do you want to crawl inside a 14 year old's head for the answer?

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Feral lives in a math sitcom

Tam on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    I'm not really comfortable relating any crazy ex stories in a venue that is Google-indexed and might be read by people close to me in real life.

So instead, I'll relate a little bit of what it's like being polyamorous in the SF bay area and on OKCupid.

Right now, I'm dating an awesome girl, let's call her L. L is married and her husband, C, has a girlfriend V who unbeknownst to me until recently had been trying to set up a date with my good friend and ex-girlfriend M. M just got a new tattoo from her tattoo artist H who had a crush on her back in the day and confided his frustrations in his friend S, but I didn't know this until after I'd gone out with S for a few dates and she started talking about M and H. Now, around the time I met L I was dating another girl, A and I had also signed up for a volunteer opportunity at a nonprofit, where the training was being done by my ex Y. Now it's not terribly surprising that I encountered Y since she was the one who told me about the nonprofit in the first place but she told me she had quit before we even started dating. What was weird is that A had crossed paths with Y at a party and in her brief five-minute contact came face-to-face with all the reasons Y and I never worked out.

Instead or words, can we have a flow-chart?

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Mblackwell wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    A friend I had known since high school, and had taken some college classes with, and worked with went with me to the movies. As we're walking in the parking lot she loops her arm around mine and her eyes are all lit up and says, "this is our first date!"

That doesn't necessarily sound crazy.

I guess what made it crazy was it fucking came out of nowhere. She may as well have been my sister. It probably isn't crazy at all, it just really freaked me out and I had no idea how to let this girl down who in 4 years hadn't shown the slightest hint of romantic interest.

Is she pretty? Do you like her (apparently you do, or you wouldn't spend time with her)? Just go with it. Duh.

Rocketsauce is teh married.

This was also like 8 years ago. She was pretty much my best friend for a couple years but I was not interested in her romantically. She had quite a few issues, some of which played out after I left to go to a different college. When you have a threeway with two dudes and you don't know which one got you pregnant, you've got some shit to sort out.

RocketSauce on
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This was also like 8 years ago. She was pretty much my best friend for a couple years but I was not interested in her romantically. She had quite a few issues, some of which played out after I left to go to a different college. When you have a threeway with two dudes and you don't know which one got you pregnant, you've got some shit to sort out.

Actually that seems like it would be a fairly standard issue, assuming no birth control was used.

mrflippy on
  • ProPatriaMoriProPatriaMori Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My first love had what, once I was far enough from her to really think about it, was probably bipolar or a similar disorder. We were internet friends for a couple years before she decided she loved me; I'd decided I loved her shortly after we became internet friends and it was just kind of there. During her good times she was pretty cool. At her worst, she'd occupy herself and her closest friends with look-at-me suicide threats every night.

One of those stands out to me. It went something like:
    HER: It doesn't matter if I live or die so I think I'll go die.
    ME: You matter quite a lot to me.
    HER: Your opinion doesn't matter because you don't exist.

That got me pretty angry, actually, and in the mood to punch something. I didn't want to break anything, though, so I wound up punching the concrete floor and sprained my wrist. Not really my brightest moment.

ProPatriaMori on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    She sure doesn't sound cool. In fact, I'd say with 100% confidence she was the opposite of cool.

Well, up until stranding me in Michigan she seemed cool.

Should prove a point that you can't really start a relationship via a video game.

This isn't entirely true. The first time I interacted with my now fiance was through Guild Wars. Of course, there were a lot of helpful circumstances that contributed to it working out. We already went to the same college, and she was a friend of a friend.

Wassermelone on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A friend I had known since high school, and had taken some college classes with, and worked with went with me to the movies. As we're walking in the parking lot she loops her arm around mine and her eyes are all lit up and says, "this is our first date!"

I guess what made it crazy was it fucking came out of nowhere. She may as well have been my sister. It probably isn't crazy at all, it just really freaked me out and I had no idea how to let this girl down who in 4 years hadn't shown the slightest hint of romantic interest.

One of these days, most everyone will catch on to the fact that the line between friendship and relationship is thin.

Unless your relationships don't involve being friendly and hanging out.

Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    She sure doesn't sound cool. In fact, I'd say with 100% confidence she was the opposite of cool.

Well, up until stranding me in Michigan she seemed cool.

Should prove a point that you can't really start a relationship via a video game.
    Yes, if there was one thing that I thought was wrong in that story it was the fact that you guys met in a video game.

One of these days, people will stop being scared and irrational about the internet being a new social medium.

Henroid on
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    mrflippy wrote: »

Actually that seems like it would be a fairly standard issue, assuming no birth control was used.

For her that was fairly standard. One of the reasons she was a blast to hang out with, but someone I would never ever get involved with. This is the kind of shit I would've been in for had I ever gotten with her. I will say this, I've never seen a girl so capable of trading insults and making comebacks.

RocketSauce on
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Henroid wrote: »

One of these days, most everyone will catch on to the fact that the line between friendship and relationship is thin.

I don't think that is true. It certainly can be true but I have plenty of friendships with women that are no where near relationships. Just because someone is fun to hang out with doesn't mean a relationship with them would be tenable.

Neaden on
  • SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Read this thread and couldn't help but be reminded of this.

Sliver on
    edited August 2009
    Neaden wrote: »

I don't think that is true. It certainly can be true but I have plenty of friendships with women that are no where near relationships. Just because someone is fun to hang out with doesn't mean a relationship with them would be tenable.

Here's the easiest way I can break down my argument.

Qualities of a friendship: hang out, laugh together, help each other out, maybe emotional support
    Qualities of a relationship: hang out, laugh together, help each other out, maybe emotional support (strange I mark it as maybe I know, but some people don't care for it), make out and sex

They look rather similar!

Henroid on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Can we include ex-wives? Or do we have to limit it to stories that happened only when we were dating? Cause only gf/bf stories limits me a little. Please note before responding the following:

I am stupid.
    I find crazy to be very sexy.
    I'm getting treatment for the latter.

Story one:

I started dating this nice older gentleman who we'll call B. B had this very nasty tendency to want everyone to love him. Which for most people isn't a big deal, but when you're brother is a homophobe with a short temper, it can be a big deal. B's brother had beaten the shit out of him multiple times as an adult, but B was driven to make things right between them. I had known a little about this when we started dating, but B had lead me to believe that his brother wanted to make amends. So I went with B. to his brother's house. Words were exchanged and the brother pulled a gun. Having a gun in my face was an interesting experience that's low on my list of things I want to do again. The brother's wife talked him down and we left. Two day's later B wanted to go back.

Story two:

So I was dating the woman who would later become my ex-wife. We'd moved in together for a month or so and we had a massive fight. I had dared to make the error of being late to get home. It was the first time I had driven to my new job and it was a city I had lived in for a week or so. So I get home and we had a fight about it. A fight that ended with her taking out a large knife and cutting her own wrist. Something I would later find out she did intentionally because a previous girlfriend had taken her own life, and because she felt that cutting her own wrist would be the most hurtful thing she could do. It wasn't a suicide attempt of her own.

Story three:

Same woman as story two. I haven't converted any experiences to wisdom yet. Still dating. The ex-wife has decided that my commute to and from work was far too long for what it actually took. Using her logic that meant I was having an affair. Her reaching said conclusion ignored the fact that she could see the time I walked out the door at work (literally she could see me leaving work via video) and the fact that I would call her with my cell along the way. So when I got home, she had a full on rage going. I knew she was pissed. I did not expect a cliche however, and thus ceramic bowl heading toward my head was a bit of a surprise.

Thomamelas on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Here's the easiest way I can break down my argument.

Qualities of a friendship: hang out, laugh together, help each other out, maybe emotional support
    Qualities of a relationship: hang out, laugh together, help each other out, maybe emotional support (strange I mark it as maybe I know, but some people don't care for it), make out and sex

They look rather similar!

Friends with benefits blur the line even more.

Relationships are mostly about declarations and such.

Incenjucar on
  • GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I knew she was pissed. I did not expect a cliche however, and thus ceramic bowl heading toward my head was a bit of a surprise.

Classic.

I don't have any good ones, the worst I think was a girl I dated who apparantly "sleep-cut". Yeah. Try to figure that out.

Gammarah on
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Can we include ex-wives? Or do we have to limit it to stories that happened only when we were dating? Cause only gf/bf stories limits me a little. Please note before responding the following:

I am stupid.
    I find crazy to be very sexy.
    I'm getting treatment for the latter.

<snip>

Even with these, you married a woman who cut her own wrist just to hurt you, and threw a heavy ceramic mixing bowl at your head in a fit of crazy rage? Holy shit.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
    edited August 2009
    Gammarah wrote: »
    I knew she was pissed. I did not expect a cliche however, and thus ceramic bowl heading toward my head was a bit of a surprise.

Classic.

I don't have any good ones, the worst I think was a girl I dated who apparantly "sleep-cut". Yeah. Try to figure that out.

My brother apparently sleep-eats. Like, he'll sleep walk out to the fridge and eat all the snack packs or something.

mrflippy on
  • GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Gammarah wrote: »

Classic.

My brother apparently sleep-eats. Like, he'll sleep walk out to the fridge and eat all the snack packs or something.

See thats believeable. My situation was more like "hey lets make up something stupid to hide my stupid emo actions".

Gammarah on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Even with these, you married a woman who cut her own wrist just to hurt you, and threw a heavy ceramic mixing bowl at your head in a fit of crazy rage? Holy shit.

Point of clarification, it was a ceramic cereal bowl. Still not something I wanted to hit my head, and not any less crazy. And I have more stories as well. Plus the marriage stories. It was an abusive relationship. And all and all it seems a lot less tiring the Feral's life. So it had that going for it. :mrgreen:

Thomamelas on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The quote in my sig is largely because of my relationship with two girls. It's not really crazy, though, just depressing, involving unrequited love and me taking two months to work out that I'd been a rebound. I guess one crazy aspect could be that I still speak to both of them despite vowing at least twice never to speak to them again. Oh, and this largely happened on MSN, just to add to the shit sundae that is my romantic life.

And if we can include rejection stories in here, in the space of maybe twelve hours I gave up on one girl responding to my email (friend tried to set us up), found out another had a boyfriend already, and got flat-out rejected by a third. It was when I noticed that I'd struck out with a blonde, brunette and redhead that I realised my love life is officially a joke.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Willeh DeeWilleh Dee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I long time ago I posed on here about how my crazy ex had started stalking me and was claiming she was pregnant (I was fairly positive that this was BS) and asked what to do about it.

When I logged back on there was another thread posted by a girl who was saying how her ex had dumped her before he realised she was pregnant and was not threatening to kill her and lots of other rubbish insanity. Little details in the story I noticed made me think that it might be her, I asked in the thread, and I also PM'd Bone Daddy, a mod at the time to let me know if it could be and gave her round about location to match the IP.

Turned out it was her, he locked the thread, I got a few PM's from people going "holy shit was that real? hope everything is all right and if you ever need to talk holla" which I really appreciated, but frankly I was just embarrassed about the whole thing.

She went to Uni as I did, only she got really fat, dropped out, hooked up with some 30+ year old, let him take over her life (according to family members I have bumped into since and have filled me in), and joined some fairy witch religion.

Willeh Dee on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have a knack for attracting friends who attract abusive boyfriends.

Example the first (we'll call her L).

L has an abusive, alcoholic father, an abusive step-father, and a brother who is literally a pimp. Her mother died of a drug overdose when she was 6. L is also incredibly beautiful and incredibly intelligent. As a result of her beauty, she gets a lot of attention. As a result of her brains, she thinks she's smart enough to avoid the bad boys.

First few boyfriends are emotionally abusive or neglectful but she doesn't like them much, so she dumps him. Next boyfriend seems nice for the first few months, so she falls for him. He pushes her into a wall, she excuses it as stress. He punches her in the face, she makes the 'I deserved it' excuses because she was complaining about one of her classes. He rapes her in the art building boys bathroom while his friends watch and cheer him on (he says it's because he caught her talking to her older sister about their "private problems"), she refuses to go to the police. It's only after I get a picture (thank God I had my camera) of him taking a baseball bat to her that she agrees to report him (only after I say I'll do it with or without her involvement, since I have the photo).

Might I mention this was happening to a 15 year old girl? And that the bf in question is a 24 year old Marine? Yeah. Thankfully she's undergone lots of therapy and is now happy with her girlfriend of 2 years.

Example the second (who we'll call S) will have to come later. Duties outside the apartment call.

Passerbye on
  • CorlisCorlis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    Feral lives in XKCD

Corlis on
    But I don't mind, as long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shine,
    I'll be fine, just give me a minute, a man's got a limit, I can't get a life if my heart's not in it.
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »

L has an abusive, alcoholic father, an abusive step-father, and a brother who is literally a pimp. Her mother died of a drug overdose when she was 6. L is also incredibly beautiful and incredibly intelligent. As a result of her beauty, she gets a lot of attention. As a result of her brains, she thinks she's smart enough to avoid the bad boys.

First few boyfriends are emotionally abusive or neglectful but she doesn't like them much, so she dumps him. Next boyfriend seems nice for the first few months, so she falls for him. He pushes her into a wall, she excuses it as stress. He punches her in the face, she makes the 'I deserved it' excuses because she was complaining about one of her classes. He rapes her in the art building boys bathroom while his friends watch and cheer him on (he says it's because he caught her talking to her older sister about their "private problems"), she refuses to go to the police. It's only after I get a picture (thank God I had my camera) of him taking a baseball bat to her that she agrees to report him (only after I say I'll do it with or without her involvement, since I have the photo).

Might I mention this was happening to a 15 year old girl? And that the bf in question is a 24 year old Marine? Yeah. Thankfully she's undergone lots of therapy and is now happy with her girlfriend of 2 years.

Example the second (who we'll call S) will have to come later. Duties outside the apartment call.

Ethical question: At what point is it your responbility as a member of soceity to report this guy?

A. When you have a picture or evidence.
    B. When is being beaten.
    C. The guys is 9 years older than her and should be reported in the first place.

Then again you can make the argument that without evidence nothing would happen and he would just beat her for going to the cops and such, but what else can someone do in this case to not let this happen or go this far?

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Ethical question: At what point is it your responbility as a member of soceity to report this guy?

A. When you have a picture or evidence.
    B. When is being beaten.
    C. The guys is 9 years older than her and should be reported in the first place.

Then again you can make the argument that without evidence nothing would happen and he would just beat her for going to the cops and such, but what else can someone do in this case to not let this happen or go this far?

Am I to understand you got a picture while she was being beat? If so, why the fuck didn't you do something.

If it was after the fact, then refer to above post.

Xtarath on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

This would be a great topic for its own thread.

Incenjucar on
    edited August 2009
    Xtarath wrote: »
    It's only after I get a picture (thank God I had my camera) of him taking a baseball bat to her that she agrees to report him (only after I say I'll do it with or without her involvement, since I have the photo).
    Am I to understand you got a picture while she was being beaten? If so, why the fuck didn't you do something.

It looks like something was (hopefully) done about it based on the bolded part.

mrflippy on
    edited August 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

This would be a great topic for its own thread.

Done.

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The only one I have that's close to crazy is your typical cheating ex.
    except she was fucking her brother.

SkutSkut on
    edited August 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    except she was fucking her step-brother.

FIXD...I hope..

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    except she was fucking her brother.

What? No. ... really?

How does one find out about that? Just walk in on it or something?

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No, I know what I typed.

Nah she told me when she was going well over the deep end, your usual blah blah blah I'm gonna cut myself, everyonehates you blah blah blah.

SkutSkut on
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Duffel on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Talk about keepin it in the family.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
This discussion has been closed.