As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I posted in the AC and all I got was this stupid [CHAT]

• Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    wow, manon, you are just banking on kidney failure and a heart attack as your way to go, eh?

[edit] I am so fucking sick of people's parents on Facebook. It's like taking the freedom of the internet, and just asphyxiating it like a bunch of puppies in a big trash bag. I can't be sarcastic or funny or my words get deleted as if I'm like the town's pervert and I was being serious.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm workin' on it.

Also, Facebook is rad because I can hit on my friends' moms and then play it off as jest, but not have to deal with the awkward social consequences of doing it in person.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    wow, is all I have to say to that.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MaximasXXZ wrote: »
    I've been real goddamned thirsty lately. In the last three days, I've had over two quarts of orange juice, two jars of pickle juice, a few full glasses of water from my sink, and well over a few dozen 6-oz styrofoam cups of water from a cooler. ...and I'm still thirsty, filling my belly with water and wanting more.

I'm apparently broken.
    and pickle juice (seriously?) will most likely dehydrate you from all of the sodium in it.

I thought that thar pickle juice'd hydrate me be givin' me some o' 'dem fancy ee-lectrolytes, same as gatorade through the sodium.

However, that wasn't the purpose behind drinking it, my family cans their own pickles in the summer and I love the shit. Just visited them last week and brought six jars back with me.

Maximas is right. Electrolyte hydration only works if you've already lost electrolytes

and that's Gatorade

The massive amounts of sodium in pickle juice is way too much

Tam on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Manon, if you keep like that for a couple of days, check yourself at the doctor. I think that's one of the signs of diabetes.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well I have the comfort of knowing I'll out live some of you so far

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thanks, MT. the ADA says I'm at high risk cause i'm fat and lazy. Go figure.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    you should get on that one show thats called the biggest loser and be like "omg what a magical experience here on the ranch"

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So, is anyone else really looking forward to Mass Effect 2? If I die before it comes out, I'll come back as a zombie on its release date.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    whats mass effect

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MaximasXXZMaximasXXZ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The last game I got excited about was RE5, after that I didn't really have anything to look forward to... Maybe Final Fantasy XIII? No new MGS games except that Raiden one, I guess there's a new RE game coming out on the PSP... Assassin's Creed 2 perhaps? I lost interest in Modern Warfare 2 when I found out they weren't taking it back to Iraq, or even better, Afghanistan.

Blah.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    PSN: MaximasXXZ XBOX Live: SneakyMcSnipe
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    whats mass effect

The greatest game ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkkt-hQIVsU

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    that reminds me, I hope my laptop can run Starcraft II

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I disagree. KotOR was way better, and Old Republic will also be better. Mass Effect was way too stark and minimalistic, and there weren't enough medpacks. Also, everyone had 3 fingers and backwards knees. It was a conspiracy. I consider finishing the game every so often, and then I remember the immensely poor quality of the side quests, how easy it is to die, and how boring all the powers are, and I change my mind.

But the fact that ME2 will read your save files from ME1 kind of makes me want to finish the first one, and then play the second in a series of games I don't even enjoy.

But man, Old Republic is going to be AMAZING. Also, True Blood (a TV show) is AMAZING. And the last season of Lost? AMAZING. Battlestar being over is NOT amazing. But all the other amazing things make up for it!

Also, your laptop will not run Star Craft 2 as well as a desktop if it's not pretty top-of-the-line. Definitely not as easy on the system as SC1. And: I was thinking of signing up for beta testing for that shit, but I have to buy and register a Blizzard game on their website, and I have no moneyz! :(

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

post specs plz

Tam on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, is anyone else really looking forward to Mass Effect 2? If I die before it comes out, I'll come back as a zombie on its release date.

While I liked Mass Effect, I was a little irritated that you couldn't skip the cutscenes and the action was a little light on action. The mako was the worst peice of shit vehicle in all of video games, too.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    arbitrary thing I hate: schools that are called 'Attendance Centers' instead of schools.

continue.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I feel like I would hate the south if I ever went there.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Tam wrote: »

post specs plz

its the one i'll be using for when I move

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115594

If theres any single game that I would run in this, it would be starcraft II, but I highly doubt it can (I dont know anything about computers zzzzz)

OH WELL

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited August 2009

post specs plz

its the one i'll be using for when I move

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115594

If theres any single game that I would run in this, it would be starcraft II, but I highly doubt it can (I dont know anything about computers zzzzz)

OH WELL
    yeah, it should be able to. that's a good laptop.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hooray for random spending

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited August 2009

While I liked Mass Effect, I was a little irritated that you couldn't skip the cutscenes and the action was a little light on action. The mako was the worst peice of shit vehicle in all of video games, too.

Yeah, I hated those driving missions. Ugh! I really hated that Mako!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    processor power seems a little low, but you should be fine, I think

Tam on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

From what I've heard Metal, they've nixed the mako. Also I swore I heard something about being able to skip cutscenes now as long as there's no dialog choices.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

From what I've heard Metal, they've nixed the mako. Also I swore I heard something about being able to skip cutscenes now as long as there's no dialog choices.

That's good to know. Is there more action? I want gears of war level of action.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I dunno honestly, as weird as it sounds for both ME2 and Bioshock 2 I'm trying to read as little as possible about the games. Oh and MassEffect 2 is supposedly going to have an iphone game lead in to... which I'm going to buy unless I just hear horrible things about it.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ooh, new MUSE single is being played on the radio in about fifteen minutes.

EDIT: I like it. Not on the same level as their older stuff, but its clear they want to break free of that style, and it's still pretty good nonetheless. Strong influences from dance music and a heavy beat, but the guitar's not quite as cool.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    BioShock 2 seems same ol', same ol' from the little information available about it

also, this is pretty witty

Tam on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Since you guys are talking about games I thought I might mention that I have been working on a Warcraft 3 UMS map that makes the game play more like dawn of war. Its actually going to be pretty cool I think. I did this before with Starcraft and it played really well but the Warcraft 3 editor allows me to get a lot more in depth with it.
    wc3map.jpg

rts on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Flay wrote: »
    Ooh, new MUSE single is being played on the radio in about fifteen minutes.

EDIT: I like it. Not on the same level as their older stuff, but its clear they want to break free of that style, and it's still pretty good nonetheless. Strong influences from dance music and a heavy beat, but the guitar's not quite as cool.
    unngh, the concept of the album is a little dated, isn't it? "Resistance" and "Uprising"? "They will not destroy us, we will be victorious." There's only so much you can do with this kind of stuff...Nine Inch Nails has been doing it for long enough. "Wah wah, dark oppressive government, people united in grungy music."

Don't get me wrong, I love Muse, but was hoping for a bigger change. Hopefully the rest of the album will be better. Same disappointment with Imogen Heap. I hate it when artists don't develop and change their style, but I guess not everyone minds. It seems like a waste of an awesome opportunity to be in that position and then to just rely on the crutch of a set "style" and not deviate from it, when there's so much aesthetic potential in everyone to push and exceed their normal boundaries.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Maybe they don't think they've explored their style thoroughly enough.

Tam on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Muse is the new Greenday?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Green is the new Museday

Napp, did you see my heads up about Nick Drake some pages back?

Tam on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    don't fucking say that shit nap

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Green is the new Museday

I must have missed it... Don't tell me he's got a new album coming out. I may have a heart attack.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Green is the new Museday

I must have missed it... Don't tell me he's got a new album coming out. I may have a heart attack.

Haha, Nick Drake: From Beyond the Grave. We wish. No, I just discovered him, and I was pretty sure you'd already know about him, but I wanted to make certain- as one would with Nick Drake.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    He really is fantastic. I probably would buy his zombie-era records as he's just that great.

Thanks for reminding me about him, I need to get more of his stuff (right now, I only have Five Leaves Left)

Nappuccino on

• Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've had a lot of trouble getting a hold of his other albums. What did you do, Tam?

lyrium on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pink Moon is the early "entry-level" album, of course, but still definitely worth it though, I think.

I have that and Five Leaves Left- both bummed off a cousin, Lyrium. They're all on Amazon though- you can download the full album on mp3 from there, if you want.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I can usually find them at record stores (not Best Buy or the like). But yeah, Amazon is a great place to find music.

edit: my this is a riveting totp.

Nappuccino on

This discussion has been closed.