As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Honda Email Carpet Bomb

bfickybficky Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
After one of the worst car buying experiences I've ever been a part of, I'm ready to start some shit. I tried to by a vehicle from a Honda dealership in Texas:

1. I was lied to that a certain car was in stock, when it wasn't. Twice.
2. They refused to acknowledge the "Cash for Clunkers" program, stating that it was over.
3. Once I confirmed that it was still running, they refused to give me only the $4500 rebate, only the $3500 rebate, claiming that it is impossible to get the $4500 deal when going SUV to SUV (even though their computers spit out $4500).
4. The refused to give me an estimate on the scrap value of my car (again, required on the CARS.gov website).
5. General rudeness and yelling (they made my wife cry).

This morning, I get a call from the dealership to discuss my shopping experience. I calmly but firmly ripped them a new one. I have already filed a complaint with the CARS.gov fraud hotline and I have contacted BBB.

Finally, I'd like to do an corporate email carpet bomb. I've looked at this website for tips, but haven't had any luck tracking down addresses. The only thing I've discovered is the name of the new executive vice president of auto sales. Has anyone done a email carpet bomb? Any tips to get the email addresses?

I want them to know that they pissed off the wrong guy.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
bficky on

• Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I see you're in Dallas, which dealership?

John Matrix on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I see you're in Dallas, which dealership?

I sent you a PM. I'd like to keep this general, at least in the actual thread. (I'm sure I'm being overly careful about this, but if this turns ugly I don't want them to see anything I've written about them except the official statements I have given them.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    apacke09apacke09 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That sucks, Honda should really bring the hammer down on those guys if that kind of bs is typical of their customer service.

I've been a customer at three different Honda dealerships / service shops (two in Michigan, one in Ohio) and have been VERY pleased, the service at each one has been exceptional.

apacke09 on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Curry Honda in Atlanta is the reason I bought a Toyota from a different dealer.

True story.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I've had awesome experiences with Honda dealerships. I guess they can't all be great though.

rfalias on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I had heard rumors of this place, but they told me they had the SUV that I wanted in stock. Once I got there, I realized that I should have listened to the rumors. We are now shopping elsewhere.

bficky on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Working at an Acura dealership myself this type of behavior is just rude and unbecoming and I would LOVE to help you.

Send me a PM of the dealership I might dig up some info on them for you.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490