Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Debate and Discourse: AWESOME POST in "Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories", by cloudeagle

PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
PeregrineFalcon has reported a post.

Reason:
This isn't awesome. Like, at all. It's fucking tragic.

But jesus, you don't just like something like this fade away without it being read.

My heart goes out to this man.
Forum: Debate and Discourse
Posted by: cloudeagle

Original Content:
This isn't about a crazy girlfriend (she was far from it) but a crazy situation. And it can certainly be argued that I was pretty damn crazy in this situation.

Right before my senior year of high school, I'm working at a training retreat for a positive peer pressure group in high school. Think Up With People only with 1.67% less cheese. Though somehow the membership of most of the more highly regarded cliques makes it a cool thing to be in. At any rate, it's there that I meet Jamie. She's a sophomore at the same school, very cute, utterly vivacious and almost always smiling. Fantastic girl. We hit it off pretty much immediately.

I'm elated. She's loads of fun and likes spending time with me! Silly me thought I was undatable! She seems really into me, and I'm really into her! Life is grand! But. (Of course there's a but.) She's very close to her parents, who are friendly but make it obvious that their daughter is their life. Not to mention the three of them are pretty active in a small Methodist church out in the country, filled with people who are also friendly but also seem quite protective of her. I quickly get the impression that if I step just one toe out of line I will immediately get drawn and quartered.

Add in the facts that I was inexperienced, I was fairly non-assertive and terrified to make the first move and I was horrible at reading signals, and the end result was that I barely touched her during the six months we dated. Did I want to? Hell yes. She was cute, I was hormonal and I was developing feelings for her. But I didn't. Sure, I hugged her, and I held her hand a few times, but in the entire six months we dated I didn't even kiss her. I was just too scared.

At the end of the six months she broke up with me, saying she didn't think things were working out. I was hurt, but I got over it soon enough and we stayed on good terms. Heck, we kept talking regularly.

Cut to the end of the school year. I'm on the newspaper staff, and the staff had just selected the current sophomores who would be on the staff next year and help out with the production of the last paper to get training from us. She's one of them. So we wind up working on the paper together after school hours one night. I have no idea what came over me, but suddenly I'm Mr. Suave. I'm flirty, I rubbed her shoulders, and at one point I picked her up and carried her down the hall. We both had a great time.

That night, she wrote me a note where she finally opens up to me about why we broke up. Namely, because I never touched her. She wanted me to touch her... badly, in fact. The fact that I didn't drove her crazy and made her think that I wasn't interested, and she was the type to expect the guy to make the first move. But that night, I had touched her more than I did in months of dating. She realized I was into her and capable of being physically affectionate, and she floated the idea of getting back together.

But I didn't get that note for awhile.
Spoiler:

PeregrineFalcon on
Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.