As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Batman:Arkham Asylum - Out Now (PS3/360) Not Out Now (PC/EU/AU damnit)

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    Those skins are awesome, but I think I'm still gonna go with the 360. Just because I don't have a controller yet for my PC. But, if they get really awesome with the mods, it may be a Steam Sale purchase just for mod play through.

If you've got a 360 controller that's natively supported on PC (it's the default configuration for GFWL games in order to get certified (assuming it's a game that can make use of a gamepad)).

Although IIRC if it's a wireless controller you might need a separate attachment, I'm not sure.

subedii on
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Those skins are awesome, but I think I'm still gonna go with the 360. Just because I don't have a controller yet for my PC. But, if they get really awesome with the mods, it may be a Steam Sale purchase just for mod play through.

If you have a 360, you have a controller for your PC. Unless your 360 doesn't have any controllers.

Yeah, it's the only thing I missed from selling my 360.

Casually Hardcore on
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

If you have a 360, you have a controller for your PC. Unless your 360 doesn't have any controllers.

I only have wireless, I'm thinking about breaking down and getting a wired controller. But it hasn't happened yet.

DrunkMc on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

I only have wireless, I'm thinking about breaking down and getting a wired controller. But it hasn't happened yet.

Why not just get the $20 wireless adapter for your pc?

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Unfortunately the PC Wireless Gaming Receiver is no longer produced.

MarvellousM on
  • ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Since we're not really talking about AA anymore anyway, where does one start with the Justice League cartoons? Aren't there two different series or something like that? Do they follow the continuity of Batman the Animated Series, or are they standalone?

BTAS, Superman: TAS, Batman Beyond, JL, and JLU are all linked in a shared universe. Static Shock an The Zeta Project, too, but those are more side stories with the occasional cameo.

If you've already watched BTAS, I would reccomend watching the series in the order they came out. STAS first, then BB, then JL, then JLU. If you really just want to skip to the League stuff, then just start with Justice League seasons one and two, then Justice League Unlimited Seasons one and two. The two shows are linked, but follow a different format. JL follows the seven core heroes(Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkgirl) and does longer two and three-part episodes almost exclusively. In JLU, the League expands to include almost every DC hero there is, and does mostly one-shot episodes starring a different collection of members each time, usually one or two of the big seven and one or two of the other heroes.

I would really reccomend at least watching Superman first, though. Aside from being a great show in it's own right, a lot of the late-series stuff gets brought up again in JL/JLU, and it contains the first Superman/Batman team-up episodes as well. And introduces both The Flash and the Green Lantern Corps. Lex Luthor is also a pretty major character in the JL shows.

Plus Superman TAS has Gilbert Gottfried playing Mxyzptlk in one of my favorite episodes. It's almost straight out of Looney Tunes. The Late Mr. Kent is another great Superman TAS one. As great as those Direct to DVD animated movies Bruce Timm is making now are, I kinda wish they'd make another DCAU series. Maybe do a Batman Beyond with the adult Terry they introduced in the JLU episode Epilogue or something.

So the game is actually out in stores on Tuesday right? I'm going to have to pick this up on the way home from work tomorrow. I've already played through the demo about a dozen times and I usually hate stealth games.

Zaylenz on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I think I mentioned it in this thread earlier but Im still not clear on why the DTV releases AREN'T allowed to occur in the same universe as the TV Series.

DarkWarrior on
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Why not just get the $20 wireless adapter for your pc?

Because I did not know:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessgamingreceiver/

existed! That's getting bought. Hmmmmmmmmm, now I can't really think of why not to get it for the PC.

Well.......shit.

DrunkMc on
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think I mentioned it in this thread earlier but Im still not clear on why the DTV releases AREN'T allowed to occur in the same universe as the TV Series.

I don't think it's a matter of they aren't "allowed" to be, they just simply aren't. I mean, a lot of these films have plots that would completely contradict the DCAU anyway.

And I understand the desire to make films that completely stand alone without being bogged down in continuity.

But hopefully, we'll get a new Timmverse movie or show someday. I'd even settle for a comic book.

LockedOnTarget on
  • KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    So the game is actually out in stores on Tuesday right? I'm going to have to pick this up on the way home from work tomorrow. I've already played through the demo about a dozen times and I usually hate stealth games.

Next week. And it can't come soon enough.

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Well.......shit.
    Well the piece is still out there, its just not being produced anymore. I just looked on Amazon for instance and unfortunately they're going for double the price on there. Regular stores might still have 'em though.

MarvellousM on
  • ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kuratosu wrote: »

Next week. And it can't come soon enough.

Ah, for some reason I had the 18th in my head. Guess I can wait one more week. I'll just rewatch the DCAU cartoons in the meantime. :)

Zaylenz on
    edited August 2009
    Ah, for some reason I had the 18th in my head. Guess I can wait one more week. I'll just rewatch the DCAU cartoons in the meantime. :)

:^:

Been watching random episodes every night. Watched "Bullet for Bullock" last night. Awesome, hard boiled detective pulp vibe in that episode. But then again, a lot of BTAS episodes push that.

Kuratosu on
    sig.gif
  • Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Am I the only one who casually walks past bad guys, only using the counter button when they attack and casually carrying on my stroll forward? I just find using/mashing the melee button so..... barbaric.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited August 2009
    Probably, I just find racking up combos and doing combat takedowns way too addictive.

Although I love the counter where Batman grabs a guys fist and brings him to his knees only to knee him in the face. Such a cool way to finish the fight.

Kuratosu on
    sig.gif
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I open almost every fight by standing completely still until the first enemy attacks. Then it's on bitches.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I would just stand around countering, but I've had quite enough of that from Assassin's Creed.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Bullfrogof7272Bullfrogof7272 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'll usually batarang a guy in the face, and ground takedown to start off, just for shits and giggles.

Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • carstencarsten Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I open almost every fight by standing completely still until the first enemy attacks. Then it's on bitches.

Exactly, I like making them think they have the upper hand.

carsten on
    Carsten.gif
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Well.......shit.
    Well the piece is still out there, its just not being produced anymore. I just looked on Amazon for instance and unfortunately they're going for double the price on there. Regular stores might still have 'em though.

microsoft's club bing still has them available as prizes, bundled with the controller...

http://www.clubbing.com/Pages/Prizes/Prize_Mall.aspx?pid=c2be2320-304e-4e9f-a2ac-5de2ff96972f

sign up, spend a week getting enough points (max per day is 1000 i believe, easy enough to do), and bam, you're set. that's how i got my controller. ;)

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    edited August 2009
    carsten wrote: »

I'm planning my attacks.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

I like to hide in the vent because there's a lot of bad guys and I don't wanna get hurt.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    According to Gameshark http://www.gameshark.com/news/26039/Wal-Mart-Dropping-The-Price-For-Arkham-Asylum.htm

If you live in Canada and don't mind buying the game at Walmart, you may be able to buy the game for 39$ and it comes with an exclusive Walmart "batsuit" for the challenge maps.

pretty sweet deal if you ask me. I was about to get the collector's edition, but that price is just too sweet.

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I'm planning my attacks.

I just want them to know that everything that happens to them, only happens because they're stupid enough to attack the Batman.
    I think Gotham General Hospital puts those down as self-inflicted injuries.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    klemming wrote: »

I'm planning my attacks.

I just want them to know that everything that happens to them, only happens because they're stupid enough to attack the Batman.
    I think Gotham General Hospital puts those down as self-inflicted injuries.
    I figured I wasn't the only one. Those counters are brutal.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
    edited August 2009
    Police label anyone attacking Batman as a Code 45-11... a suicide.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2009
    I wonder if Gotham insurance companies cover Act of Bat.

DarkWarrior on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm pretty sure Gotham Hospital's have an entire wing each dedicated to people beat up by Batman every night.

They call it.... the BAT-WING.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Gotham Hospital's have an entire wing each dedicated to people beat up by Batman every night.

Oh man if I wasn't jailed this would be my signature right now.

UnbreakableVow on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Klyka wrote: »

Technically it's the Bruce Wayne 'Foundation for Rehabilitation' Wing, but no one calls it that since it got built last year with all that generous grant money

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

We need a Batman threat indicator in the same vein as the Wanderlei Silva one.

Wanderlei Silva threat indicator in the spoiler
    sb17-09.jpg

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

microsoft's club bing still has them available as prizes, bundled with the controller...

http://www.clubbing.com/Pages/Prizes/Prize_Mall.aspx?pid=c2be2320-304e-4e9f-a2ac-5de2ff96972f

sign up, spend a week getting enough points (max per day is 1000 i believe, easy enough to do), and bam, you're set. that's how i got my controller. ;)

I want to know how much MS had to pay for 'clubbing.com'.

adytum on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    adytum wrote: »

I want to know how much MS had to pay for 'clubbing.com'.

It would have been more, but they offered payment in the form of baby seals and got a discount.

KalTorak on
    edited August 2009

BatmanThreat.jpg

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

BatmanThreat.jpg
    Shouldn't low simply be "his parents are dead"?

There is never no threat of Batman.

Monger on
    edited August 2009
    It would make sense if it said Batman is preparing.

DarkWarrior on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Aside from Batgirl, theres also Nightwing, Catwoman, and Huntress, too. Plenty of Bat-sidekicks that don't dress in bright colors.

Robin hasn't dressed in bright colours for years anyway.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    edited August 2009

Oh crap, I thought I typed preparing. Have to fix that later.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2009

I meant it should just say "Batman is preparing" as thats all he does when hes not kicking ass. And hes never more dangerous than when given time to prepare.

DarkWarrior on
    edited August 2009

I meant it should just say "Batman is preparing" as thats all he does when hes not kicking ass. And hes never more dangerous than when given time to prepare.

Fixed. Refresh.
    BatmanThreat.jpg

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png