As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

360 media streaming problem

JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Games and Technology
I've got my 360 linked up to my laptop to stream music and pictures, but it seems to be very wonky. It works fine streaming the files it can see, but it's impossible to update the folders. So if I add pictures to a folder or create a new sub-folder, nothing happens. They just don't display in the media library folder, even though they're there and the sharing permissions seem to be set up already. This happens with video and music, too. Can I force the 360 to update its library, or set it to do so automatically? I poked around a bit online and it seems like it should be doing that automatically but it's not, and I can't find any setting to change to make it refresh every time or even just update once.

JihadJesus on

• Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What OS/WMP version are you using? Are you sharing through Media Player's streaming/sharing option? If that's the case, try opening WMP and letting it update it's library.

theantipop on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm running Vista. I almost never use media center, so I'm just going through the library connection to my laptop. Maybe I'll try loading WMP and media center and updating their libraries and see if that does it.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Update your WMP. If it still doesn't work, check nothing has changed about the actual folders the content is stored in. If you're still having troubles, wipe your library and start again.

I have an old headless desktop sitting in a corner that doesn't run anything, but has the media sharing setup. It doesn't require WMP to be running, just the windows media sharing service (from memory). It updates a few minutes after moving content into the checked folders.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It looks like I can force it to update by modifying the library folders in WMP, but it doesn't update without adding the files to the library manually. I guess that'll work, but it's a bit annoying.

JihadJesus on