As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [Chat] Between Hitler and Anne Frank

• Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I realize I'm probably in the minority in thinking it is silly to celebrate anniversaries that are:

1. Not annual

2. Not marriage anniversaries

I don't think you're silly.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    Who wants to have 230mpg cars on the road? I know I do. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090811/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gm_volt_mileage

230 MPG!!!!![tiny]*[/tiny]

[tiny]*If you drive about 50 miles a day and want to increase your electric bill by an equal amount[/tiny]

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I realize I'm probably in the minority in thinking it is silly to celebrate anniversaries that are:

1. Not annual

Well this is way longer than I've been with anybody ever before so I'm sort of excited I guess.

Plus it's an excuse to have fun too.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    japan wrote: »
    I think they are threatening me with rape in this PSA

http://www.montanameth.org/ads/run/Pri_prison.jpg

It really concerns me that prison rape seems to have become institutionalised as part of the criminal justice system in the US.

yes

it is scary

like, I can imagine people getting sent to jail for something relatively harmless, then being forced to join a prison gang to avoid assault, and coming out of jail very jaded and angry

This is also the inherent problem here with putting people away for carrying a knife over here. The sheer stupidity of it all makes my blood boil.

Leitner on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In 2001 Human Rights Watch estimated that at least 140,000 inmates in the US had been raped while incarcerated, and there is a significant variation in the rates of prison rape by race. Stop Prisoner Rape, Inc. statistics indicate that there are more men raped in U.S. prisons than non-incarcerated women similarly assaulted. They estimate that young men are five times more likely to be attacked; and that the prison rape victims are ten times more likely to contract a deadly disease. In contrast to these high figures, a metaanalysis published in 2004 found a prevalence rate of 1.91% with a 95% confidence interval between 1.37–2.46%. Applying that 1.91% figure to the nearly 2.3 million inmates currently incarcerated in prisons and jails in the United States suggests that raped US inmates number 43,800.

isn't that a bit misleading? it seems like the first number captures total number of inmates raped, whereas the second is looking at just the current population to make its estimate?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    mrflippy wrote: »

1. Not annual

Well this is way longer than I've been with anybody ever before so I'm sort of excited I guess.

In bed!

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »

1. Not annual

In bed!

Also other places!

mrflippy on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2009
    I had a bout of the misty eyes during Lives of Others. It just creeps up on you.

Very embarrassing.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I mean I guess I can see that. I just never cared about the exact amount of time I've dated someone. Although I can see how doing something out of the ordinary to celebrate being together could be worthwhile.

I guess it just reminds me a bit of girls in school who would be like "OH MY GOD Tomorrow is our 2 week anniversary since I started dating _____" and things like that.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

1. Not annual

In bed!

Also other places!

... like the couch?

JebusUD on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No I have not jumped through the air firing a gun going "ahh"!

urahonky on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    meth is retarded

people are retarded
    therefore meth is people

Can't argue with that, it's science

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I mean I guess I can see that. I just never cared about the exact amount of time I've dated someone. Although I can see how doing something out of the ordinary to celebrate being together could be worthwhile.

I guess it just reminds me a bit of girls in school who would be like "OH MY GOD Tomorrow is our 2 week anniversary since I started dating _____" and things like that.

I have problems remembering anniversaries. and birthdays. and holidays. I get hit upside the head a lot.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

1. Not annual

In bed!

Also other places!

... like the couch?

the back seat of a Volkswagen.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    At the end of the story, Anne Frank dies... sorry to ruin it for you guys.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I have problems remembering anniversaries. and birthdays. and holidays. I get hit upside the head a lot.

I have this problem too.

I actually never remember my dad's birthday D:

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    meth is retarded

people are retarded
    therefore meth is people

Can't argue with that, it's science

Apparently meth is pretty fun. I know some people that used to do meth.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Johannen wrote: »

Yeah but you'll never guess how. Turns out she's deathly allergic to shellfish. I know, I didn't see that coming either.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Girls are the ones who tend to get worked up about celebrating 3 month, 6 month dating milestones.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ugh god damn it.

I need to go to work in like three hours, but the water is shut off in my building. That means no laundry, no shower, and by extension no lifting or swimming until further notice. I really hope they have it back on in time to shower and wash clothes...

Today sucks.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Person A I send out a section to get comment on, 4 hours ago. No response.

We finish the rest of the document and send it out to team.

4 minutes later Person A sends back his comments on the thing I asked him 4 hours ago

Now I have to send out a revised document to the entire team.

WARGARGHBILEHBLE

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I think Hitler does too...
    Later Groucho Marx does a jig on his grave. It's a tragedy AND a comedy all rolled into ONE.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Yeah but you'll never guess how. Turns out she's deathly allergic to shellfish. I know, I didn't see that coming either.

God damned Nazi Shellfish!

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There are people here I don't know, unless name changes have occured. Joh is scared and confused, minus the scared part.... and I'm not all that confused either.

Johannen on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    JOH BABY

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Aegis wrote: »
    Person A I send out a section to get comment on, 4 hours ago. No response.

We finish the rest of the document and send it out to team.

4 minutes later Person A sends back his comments on the thing I asked him 4 hours ago

Now I have to send out a revised document to the entire team.

WARGARGHBILEHBLE

4 hours isn't very long.

heck thats only 1.34 lunches breaks.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I don't plan on doing this in the future necessarily, but this being the first time I've hit any sort of a milestone like this, I sort of wanted to do something. Plus, we've been talking about doing something for the last couple of months anyway, and this seemed like a good excuse.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    fjafjanfjafjan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ello chat, does anyone here remember the name of the really rather fucked up comic comic that was posted in a comic thread a while back, about a young girl who was basically getting killed etc by her father? Basically it started out with a guy mentioning he had been in college with the Author who already back then had been severely screwy.

fjafjan on
    Yepp, THE Fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
    - "Proving once again the deadliest animal of all ... is the Zoo Keeper" - Philip J Fry
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There are people here I don't know, unless name changes have occured. Joh is scared and confused, minus the scared part.... and I'm not all that confused either.

Everyone got their named switched around when Tube flipped his shit one day. I'm Senj btw.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    fjafjan wrote: »
    Ello chat, does anyone here remember the name of the really rather fucked up comic comic that was posted in a comic thread a while back, about a young girl who was basically getting killed etc by her father? Basically it started out with a guy mentioning he had been in college with the Author who already back then had been severely screwy.

Did you just say "basically getting killed etc"?

I... I don't know how that would work.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Everyone got their named switched around when Tube flipped his shit one day. I'm Senj btw.

some people's accounts got merged, too

we are Thanatos and VC

(it's really awkward)

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

He stabs her, then he bandages her up.

Then he stabs the bandaged spots.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Dunno, being choked or slowly starved in a basement or strapped to a runaway mine cart or something.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Dunno, being choked or slowly starved in a basement or strapped to a runaway mine cart or something.

I feel like stabbing them would be a pretty basic way to kill someone. Or maybe a public hanging.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fascist!

Hag.

urahonky on
  • Options
    fjafjanfjafjan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It was pretty disgusting and I didn't want to give all the details. So you know, I figured saying "being killed etc" would be ENOUGH for the people who saw it.

fjafjan on
    Yepp, THE Fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
    - "Proving once again the deadliest animal of all ... is the Zoo Keeper" - Philip J Fry
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Joh!

Still in the South American continent?

japan on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It was pretty disgusting and I didn't want to give all the details. So you know, I figured saying "being killed etc" would be ENOUGH for the people who saw it.

The phrasing made it sound like it was not an instant thing but more over a period of time.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I don't want to speak for anyone else, as they might disagree... but I for one, would relish the disgusting details. Go nuts.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

some people's accounts got merged, too

we are Thanatos and VC

(it's really awkward)

A fate I would not wish on my worst enemy

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.