As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Drugs and [CHAT]sturbation

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    what do you call those things that you cross your eyes at to see hidden pictures in them?

Most call them Magic Eye, but that's really just a brand. Stereoscopic Images or something like that is what they are, I think.

LaOs on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    what do you call those things that you cross your eyes at to see hidden pictures in them?

Autostereogram?

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i'm a sex offender because i fucked lady liberty when she was underage

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I went with amazon for the flag thing. I don't really know how I feel about it being on my credit card.

redx on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fuck you people for not doing my work for me :)

Damnit why does the wikipedia entry on bezier curves have to be so obtuse.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    [Edit]
    Well, this was a random double-post. But, it turns out that the term is autostereogram.

LaOs on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    redx wrote: »
    I went with amazon for the flag thing. I don't really know how I feel about it being on my credit card.
    If anyone asks say you burned it.

You hate racism that much.

Quid on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    An elementary school just opened up almost right next door to me. I live pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

I can only think of all the sex offenders scurrying away like rats leaving a burning ship.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    i'm a sex offender because i fucked lady liberty when she was underage
    Wouldn't you have to be 250 years old now or something?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    someone teach me maths

MikeMan on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    someone teach me maths

1+1=3

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »
    someone teach me maths

1+1=3
    it all makes sense now

MikeMan on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Like puttin' too much air in a balloon!

urahonky on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I learned maths in highschool, if only I'd have studied biology I wouldn't have 5 kids.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    reg-121358.jpg

There are five lights.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    someone teach me maths

Anything in particular or do you just want to sit on the nozzle of a big canister labled "MATHS"?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    reg-121358.jpg

There are five lights.

THERE ARE 4 LIGHTS! *Angrily shoves someone out of his way*

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    reg-121358.jpg

There are five lights.

No, there aren't. And you're not captain of a starship either, Richy.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Mikeman doesn't actually want to learn maths, he was just told to be more attractive he'd have to subtract his negatives.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    someone teach me maths

Under some circumstances, it is possible to define the convolution of a function with a distribution, or of two distributions. If Æ’ is a compactly supported function and g is a distribution, then Æ’∗g is a smooth function defined by a distributional formula analogous to

3d13da47d2b8ed20d535bde95539cd0a.png

More generally, it is possible to extend the definition of the convolution in a unique way so that the associative law
    cc9aa0e1cead51b3c32aef5fbec9dd4c.png

remains valid in the case where Æ’ is a distribution, and g a compactly supported distribution.

redx on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    reg-121358.jpg

There are five lights.

but... but... but... Screw you.

*goes to sit in an open cardboard box*

Ensign, warp 9, engage. Woooshhhhhh,

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So I saw this funny Jack in The Box commercial last night, sadly its not on youtube yet!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    someone teach me maths

Under some circumstances, it is possible to define the convolution of a function with a distribution, or of two distributions. If Æ’ is a compactly supported function and g is a distribution, then Æ’∗g is a smooth function defined by a distributional formula analogous to

More generally, it is possible to extend the definition of the convolution in a unique way so that the associative law

remains valid in the case where Æ’ is a distribution, and g a compactly supported distribution.

It's like listening to Podly only the words actually mean something.

Actually though, what is a convolution? I remember distributions from the last partial diffEQ class I took but convolution is drawing a blank.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    reg-121358.jpg
    There are five lights.

See, it's not so easy to rob someone of his imagination. :P

Have a nice day, folks. I'm off to watch something in the cinema. Maybe I'll be back later on to rant about a shitty movie, who knows.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    reg-121358.jpg
    There are five lights.

See, it's not so easy to rob someone of his imagination. :P

Have a nice day, folks. I'm off to watch something in the cinema. Maybe I'll be back later on to rant about a shitty movie, who knows.

Later haps, try not to take over poland on your way to the movies.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    someone teach me maths

Under some circumstances, it is possible to define the convolution of a function with a distribution, or of two distributions. If ƒ is a compactly supported function and g is a distribution, then ƒ∗g is a smooth function defined by a distributional formula analogous to

remains valid in the case where ƒ is a distribution, and g a compactly supported distribution.

It's like listening to Podly only the words actually mean something.

Actually though, what is a convolution? I remember distributions from the last partial diffEQ class I took but convolution is drawing a blank.

It's Fourier Transform stuff. It's more awesome diffEQ in terms of actually being useful for stuff, and diffEQ is awesome at that shit.

Stanford had an online graduate level, video course thingy for free. No credits or anything, but it's very cool.

redx on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My sexuality is getting more and more distracting. It's gotten to the point where I'm seriously considering openly broadcasting to people that I want to have sex with them.

I suppose that's what I was supposed to be doing all along and I'm just now waking up to it. But the shy conservative side of me still recoils in horror at the notion.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Stanford youtube channel is regular viewing for me. So much awesome stuff on there.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2009
    My sexuality is getting more and more distracting. It's gotten to the point where I'm seriously considering openly broadcasting to people that I want to have sex with them.

I suppose that's what I was supposed to be doing all along and I'm just now waking up to it. But the shy conservative side of me still recoils in horror at the notion.

Join a local club or group or something, you clearly aren't happy with your current social solutions.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

so you're gay now? I need a chart to keep track of this stuff....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Peanut Butter Wafers are the bomb.

Also, stop being gay Prof.

Ludious on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Keep repressing yourself and you'll end up like the Japanese, buying used panties off the street and collecting loli pillow covers that you are dating.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It has nothing to do with gay thing! I'm just talking about sex in general!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

Join a local club or group or something, you clearly aren't happy with your current social solutions.

I may start going to bars more often. I think interacting with people that aren't my gaming group or long time best friends will help me loosen up and maybe find someone I can actually connect with on a physical level, if temporarily.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Some critics praised Specter for having courage to face detractors, while others derided him or his Democratic colleagues as arrogant, and being out of touch with Americans.

Out of touch with Americans, riiiight.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think I might be a little gay, considering I kissed a bunch of dudes at Comic-Con.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Okay, is it just me or does Hillary Clinton suck as Secretary of State? She got North Korea to call her a schoolgirl, she had the Congo outburst, and now she's hauling out Jeb Bush to sympathize with Nigeria about disputed elections when we really don't need to open up that can of worms right now.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I see the PUA thread managed to get dumber as it went on. I didn't think it possible.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wonder if AK has a higher or lower gay demographic than the rest of the US

skippydumptruck on
This discussion has been closed.