As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wireless Xbox 360 controller for PC problems

FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
Okay, got a Wireless 360 controller, the adaptor/receiver for my PC, and the right drivers installed. The controller itself works like a charm, but there is a problem.

When I use it, All sound stops...

To be more specifc, anything launched after the controller is turned on and connected won't have any sound to it. Videos, web programs, games, anything, no sound. Anything that started running before I have the controller on works fine, and I've been able to use this cavat to play with the controller with sound... but it seems that every time the game switches to a cutscence or something similar, the sound cuts untill I turn off my controller and wait about 5 seconds. (and the trigger for this seems a little wonky as well... I can play Last Remnant from start to finish with sound so long as I waited untill the main menu to hook up the controller, but the Batman:Arkam Asylum Demo has me turning it off and on whenever a cutscene happens)

I'd really like to not have to constantly unhook and rehook the controller while play a game, and I'd really like to use it as well, so does anyone have any idea what the hell is wrong?

steam_sig.png
Foefaller on

• bobmyknobbobmyknob 3DS Friend Code 4553-9974-2186 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The controller has a driver installed for audio through the headset jack. Depending on which version of Windows you're using you can change the settings to have your speakers be the default audio output.

bobmyknob on
    steam_sig.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    bobmyknob wrote: »
    The controller has a driver installed for audio through the headset jack. Depending on which version of Windows you're using you can change the settings to have your speakers be the default audio output.

So, worst case, I just have to wear the headset I got for the controller when I play?

I got Windows XP SP3, how would I go about setting the system to make the speaker my default?

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hate to bring a dead thread back but it's fitting for my question.
    The controller doesn't seem to be able to connect to the adaptor. It just continually flashes. Drivers for both the play and charge lead and the wireless adaptor are installed correctly. I don't know what to do.

Big Classy on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So... your problem is that the controller isn't syncing? Just to make sure, you've tethered them by holding down the button on the wireless receiver until the green light starts blinking, then pressed the sync button on the 360 controller (located on the top of the controller, next to the play & charge port)?

Dehumanized on
  • Lilac CitizenLilac Citizen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    for the record, go to your sound control panel (start, control panel, search for "sound" in there or click "sound and whatever")

there'll be an option to choose the default sound devices for input and output, select these properly right after you plug in the controller and your audio should work after that as though nothing happened

Lilac Citizen on
    edited June 2010
    So... your problem is that the controller isn't syncing? Just to make sure, you've tethered them by holding down the button on the wireless receiver until the green light starts blinking, then pressed the sync button on the 360 controller (located on the top of the controller, next to the play & charge port)?

Yeah, I've actually pushed the sync buttons on both the adaptor and the pad. The adaptor stop flashing and gives a solid green light to show it's found the pad but the pad doesn't. Instead of giving the single quadrant light it continually flashes all the quadrants. SO it's not even giving the light signal to show it's searching for the adaptor.

Big Classy on
    edited June 2010
    No longer an issue for me, just got back from town with awired PC controller.

Big Classy on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sounds like the Wireless Controller you were using is broken, anyways, if your sync button isn't causing it to search.

Dehumanized on
    edited June 2010
    No it did this once before but when I tried on the family PC running Win7, it worked straight up. It's definitely a driver issue but I'll be damned if I can work it out.

Big Classy on