Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

QuakeLive Quakecon 2009 final day

RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Social Entropy++
logo.png

The last day for the official QuakeLive tournaments at QuakeCon'09 is underway.

Day 3 Duel Results
Spoiler:

CTF matchups & results from yesterday and for today (These should both be extremely interesting and frantic games and they are up next for this morning!)
Spoiler:

Day 1 and 2 Duel Results

Spoiler:

How do you tune in?
Spoiler:

Here is the comprehensive 3 day schedule
Spoiler:

And finally the list of noteworthy participants.
Spoiler:

Yes I shamelessly stole most of this from http://www.esreality.com/

Enjoy

RabidDeathMoose on

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    maybe fatal1ty will be there and maybe I can get him to autograph my video card!!!!

then I will totally use it to pwn some noobs !!!!!

vjytlch.gif
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I once say a fatal1ty case fan that guaranteed an increase in frame rate in any game.

sig2.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! Yeah, I wrote that. Its called, "I Wanna Rock Your Body"Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    I once say a fatal1ty case fan that guaranteed an increase in frame rate in any game.

Its true. The fan is packed with electrolytes! And electrolytes is what framerates crave!
    Spoiler:

Steamid & PSN: g0oseyourself | Pokemon FC: 4940-5859-6219
    Hail, Satan! | Post
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've met Fatality, he's kinda a douche. Like you can tell he's probably a pretty decent guy when he's not "in character". But otherwise, I'd like to shake the shit out of him.

Lost Cause is a pretty chill dude. I enjoyed hanging out with him.

easysig2.jpg
  • RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Excellent matches so far. Finals are tonight at 6pm.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    goooooooooooooooo quake

xmassig2.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    this thread about a game?

STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    "noteworthy participants"

lol

33aqfwk.jpg
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I still haven't played Quake Live because it doesn't work on Chrome and fuck anything that doesn't work with Chrome

reposig.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I still haven't played Quake Live because it doesn't work on Chrome and fuck anything that doesn't work with Chrome

I tried Quake Live in Internet Explorer
    there was no lag whatsoever, which surprised me considering how badly my computer runs games
    it was pretty fun

edited August 2009
    Is it essentially Quake III or what because I played the hell out of that back in the day

reposig.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't know, never played any of the other Quake games

edited August 2009
    Pip, like any thread around here this can be about whatever you want. But yes, it began as a thread detailing QuakeCon, a tournament/convention in Texas that is centered around (this year at least) QuakeLive.

TFS, if you follow the Quake scene, they are noteworthy participants, but I know you're just being condescending so continue if you feel so inclined.

edited August 2009
    Well

Perhaps I shall delve into the dark recesses of my default applications and
    use internet explorer

reposig.jpg
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    maybe fatal1ty will be there and maybe I can get him to autograph my video card!!!!

then I will totally use it to pwn some noobs !!!!!

He'll sign it in pizza grease.

scarab you have mental problems
    edited August 2009
    Fandyien, yeah it is basically Quake 3 with numerous ease of use updates and a number of different maps plus all the original Quake3 maps available for free to anyone with an internet connection and a major browser.

edited August 2009
    Fandyien, yeah it is basically Quake 3 with numerous ease of use updates and a number of different maps plus all the original Quake3 maps available for free to anyone with an internet connection and a major browser.

All the original Quake III maps? Including the expansion ones?

Oh my God I am so in

reposig.jpg
    edited August 2009
    heh no, if the expansions had been included I'd have said "AND the OSP/Threewave expansion maps."

Unfortunately due to licensing and copyrights they haven't been able to include the majority of the "famous" OSP or Threewave maps. However, there are a number of included and very interesting new competition calibre maps.

They add maps every few months it seems and there are some original favs like Q3wcp2 and ZTN.

edited August 2009
    Well

Fuck yeah, then.

reposig.jpg
  • jwalkjwalk frosty Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    More liek QuakeYawn

• Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User
    edited August 2009
    whoooooo

caaaaaaressss

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    imagine the smell in the main computer room

hundreds of nerds sweatily manhandling mice and keyboards

fatal1ty looking on in maniacal glee

vjytlch.gif
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT EVERYBODY'S GOT A PRICE! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    All drinking their bawls energy drinks.

Milliondollarbelt.jpg