As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The PAX 2009 Rock Band Tournament!

1235»

• Options
    artearte Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    niq24601 wrote: »
    Okay, so, before everyone stops reading this thread :) I wanted to try and gauge interest ... I was thinking of putting together a reunion "rent out a movie theater and play Rock Band" get together in late October or early November in the Seattle area. I think it only costs like $300 if we do it mid-day on a weekday, so if we can get 20 people there it's only a few bucks more than going to the movies.

If you're at all interested, can you send me a PM or email niq@alumni.brown.edu and let me know days of the week you're most likely to be able to make it, and if you have any friends who might try to come? The more people we can get the cheaper it will be for each individual person.

hey I'd love that, and I'm sure the other members of Metallica Sucks would like to attend as well :mrgreen:

arte on
  • Options
    skeltonathskeltonath SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, any word on those bundles yet?

skeltonath on
  • Options
    KethennKethenn Registered User staff
    edited September 2009
    hey guys! things have been slow over here, half the console freeplay crew came down with some variety of con sars or another. the prize bundles are being provided by a, er, external benefactor, and the winners' shipping details have been thus forwarded. tl dr: they'll be shipping soon :).

thanks everyone!

Kethenn on
  • Options
    JeTmAnJeTmAn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So...who's for a Beatles Rock Band tournament next year? I can imagine the epic three-person singer/instrumentalist teams already :D

JeTmAn on
  • Options
    The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    JeTmAn wrote: »
    So...who's for a Beatles Rock Band tournament next year? I can imagine the epic three-person singer/instrumentalist teams already :D

Haha... well I'd do straight up vocals for ya :D

The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
  • Options
    JeTmAnJeTmAn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The DIMD wrote: »

Haha... well I'd do straight up vocals for ya :D

A-OK, I'm already working on drumming and doing harmonies :)

JeTmAn on
  • Options
    skeltonathskeltonath SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kethenn wrote: »
    hey guys! things have been slow over here, half the console freeplay crew came down with some variety of con sars or another. the prize bundles are being provided by a, er, external benefactor, and the winners' shipping details have been thus forwarded. tl dr: they'll be shipping soon :).

thanks everyone!
    Awesome, thanks for the info :mrgreen:

I'd be all for a Beatles Tourney! My friend and I have already FC'd 9 harmony songs haha

skeltonath on
  • Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DIMD, you can sing my parts then because there's no way I'm singing them.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    niq24601niq24601 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Might be fun to make people do 3-person bands and play only songs with 3-part harmonies. everyone must multitask!

(but alongside the regular tourney, that's not going away, right? XD)

niq24601 on
    niq24601.jpg
    "gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
  • Options
    The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    hahaha... I say it shouldn't matter too much if you multi-task or not... I mean my team this year for Rockband was awesome, but we still got our butts handed to us by a team that only had 3 members. They were phenomenal... guess I'm just saying if you want to handicap yourself because you think you're at that level, then by all means... but I think it would be dissuading competition to put a member limit on a band to that degree.

Just a thought.

<3 Jetman, Danerd, and Hol3y! :D

The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
  • Options
    King NadaKing Nada Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    mspencer wrote: »
    It's not a problem. I asked several attendees as they were walking off of the stage (doing freeplay, not tournament) and they definitely felt like the pedal was cool but weird. I got the impression many of them liked it but would need more time to get really good with it.

I play regularly with a real pedal setup like yours and my only problem was how tight you had the spring set. When I got back I actually tried making mine like yours and had to put it back. Apparently I like a softer kick pedal.

King Nada on
This discussion has been closed.