As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Copying a DVD of family videos

DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So my mom had a bunch of old reel to reel videos burnt onto a DVD a while back and has asked that I make some copies. She would love it if I couple copy only specific chapters for specific family members, but failing that, to copy the entire thing onto more discs. I have a DVD burner in my PC with plenty of hard drive space.

Oh, and she wants this done in one day. :-|

"I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
DragonPup on

• Options
    t_catt11t_catt11 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, what's the problem? Grumble, curse under your breath, and start copying.

If you don't have DVD burner software, check out http://cdburnerxp.se - it's free and works darned well. word to the wise (assuming you don't know this already), use DV-R disks. Lots of older DVD players won't work with DV+R or any sort of rewriteable; this may well save you having to listen to cousin Larry moan because the copy you made for him does not work.

t_catt11 on
    Santa4Me.com: Personalized letters from Santa Claus!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yes, I neglected to mention that I lack DVD burning software. I'll try that one out once I get home. Thanks!

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    t_catt11t_catt11 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No prob. It's shockingly robust.

In case you did not know this, you need to convert your current DVD contents to an iso image file. This is what you will burn on the news DVDs.

t_catt11 on
    Santa4Me.com: Personalized letters from Santa Claus!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]