As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Monopoly XBLA, or games vanishing from XBLA

truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Games and Technology
So recently I saw somebody on my friends list playing some Monopoly and I was like holy shit I can have all the twisted evil fun of playing Monopoly at home with no fear of a raging fist fight that this game inspires. So after some searching all I can find is news about Monopoly still coming to XBLA. Was there some kind of beta out there?

I've also heard of a few games that were once available on XBLA being removed. I think Double Dragon is one of those titles. Did Monopoly come and go already?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Steam
XBOX
truck-a-sauras on

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah - I think it's a retail title. I am, however, really ticked at the disappearance of Double Dragon. I finally got a 360 and it went away from the store like a week after I got my system. I LOVE old school beat em ups so a highres version of the granddaddy of the genre sounded so nice.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

thanks....looks like my insistence that it was XBLA is why I didn't pull up anything worthwhile in the search

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    For some reason there no online though - that seems like a horrible design decision. Monopoly just screams for online support.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I almost bought this at Barnes and Noble.

monop.jpg

But I realized I'd never use it. I might hump it a few times, but i'd never actually play it. :?

EDIT - Don't let the picture fool you, the money and cards are tinier than standard size and made of fail.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wow that looks sexy

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Since I always hated how cardboard game boxes would get messed up over the years, I couldn't help but buy Monopoly when I saw it offered in a wooden box (with a retro design to boot). That was probably 5 or 6 years ago.

I've played it twice.

Dirty on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I love monopoly, but I can never find anyone that wants to sit through an entire game.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    ueanuean Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I love monopoly, but I can never find anyone that wants to sit through an entire game.

Sounds like you're the target audience for the retail Xbox game then. It just isn't the same when the Hat is... a Hat, and not your friend Jimmy who you can point a finger and laugh at when they land on your hotel'd Park Place.

Speaking of monopoly, I won a PC version of the game from the old McDonald's contest. It sucked.

uean on
    Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, Microsoft said that they'd be purging low-selling/low-rated games from their system.

Hm. Wonder if there's a list anywhere of games that got purged. I'm sure Microsoft themselves aren't going out of their way to say which ones.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Yeah, Microsoft said that they'd be purging low-selling/low-rated games from their system.

Hm. Wonder if there's a list anywhere of games that got purged. I'm sure Microsoft themselves aren't going out of their way to say which ones.

I wish instead of an outright purge they would have like a last minute fire sale sort of like deal of the week style. Something like Track & Field is a game I like and play at work on a daily basis on our arcade cabinet, but then I'm like why do I want to pay $5 to have this XBLA when I play it every day for free..... now if they said it was going to be purged from XBLA and gave me a last chance offer at like 50 - 200 points or something like that I'd go for it.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    The Burnin8orThe Burnin8or Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah - I think it's a retail title. I am, however, really ticked at the disappearance of Double Dragon. I finally got a 360 and it went away from the store like a week after I got my system. I LOVE old school beat em ups so a highres version of the granddaddy of the genre sounded so nice.

I have never done it, but supposedly, you are supposed to still be able to purchase a delisted game if a friend who purchased the game recommends it to you.

The Burnin8or on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Find somebody who bought Double Dragon and have them reccomend it to you. Then you can buy it. It's really stupid. Delist just means that the game doesn't show up on the list, but it is still sitting on their servers with fully-functional achievements (and online if the game has it). Off the top of my head I know that JazzMX5 has it. Maybe you could shoot him a message over Live and see if he will reccomend it to you.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The Burnin8orThe Burnin8or Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have Double Dragon if anyone want to get access to it. Heck, I'd be happy to recommend any old game I have that got delisted that someone wants, if for nothing else, to suddenly drive sales on games from the grave . .

The Burnin8or on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    uean wrote: »

Sounds like you're the target audience for the retail Xbox game then. It just isn't the same when the Hat is... a Hat, and not your friend Jimmy who you can point a finger and laugh at when they land on your hotel'd Park Place.

Speaking of monopoly, I won a PC version of the game from the old McDonald's contest. It sucked.

I eat at McDonalds for two things: Pancakes, and the McDonalds contests. <3

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Cantido wrote: »
    uean wrote: »

I eat at McDonalds for two things: Pancakes, and the McDonalds contests. <3

I eat at McDonalds for two things as well: Southwest Salad & Parfaits.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png