As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Lord [CHAT]berlain's Men

• ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Popeye's is superior to Church's and Church's is far superior to KFC,

Also, I just had some KFC. Fuckin' worst biscuits in the goddamned world.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • MaximasXXZMaximasXXZ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I had never even heard of Church's until they started opening up on like every military base in the US.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    PSN: MaximasXXZ XBOX Live: SneakyMcSnipe
  • PetalmunkPetalmunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    now I'm craving dirty fast food at 11pm.... what's open late? McDonalds... I'll sleep hungry i guess

Petalmunk on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Church's is good. It's cheaper and dirtier than Popeye's. There are definitely times when I'm specifically in a Church's mood. Honey Butter biscuits, that flaky crust on the chicken, and some jalapeno bombers.

Usually they only open up in the poorest parts of town, at least the ones in Mississippi do.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There's a Church's in Savannah, in the poorest part of town, heh

I avoid fast food like the plague, though, so...no loss for me

NightDragon on
    edited August 2009
    ND, how is SCAD? Specifically for animation. If I go there will I end up a furry addict like Peter?

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    edited August 2009
    :lol: oh lordy.

(you actually see most people into that kinda thing in the Sequential Art dept., not Animation :P ...even then, there don't seem to be too many of 'em at all, heh)

Here's a link to the current course of study for an Animootion student. Here are some course descriptions, too (and note that some of these are required courses, and many others are just animation electives, which you can take a few of, as well). While you can take courses in 2D and/or 3D animation, if I recall correctly...I think I remember hearing that the department focuses a bit more on 3D than on 2D (which, IMHO, it probably should). I think Animation is one of the largest departments at SCAD if you look at enrollment, and I've heard it's a really good program. I also know that quite a few of the Animation alumni go on to do sveet things at sveet companies. I figure that in order for that to happen, too, the program's got to be pretty good. :)

I have a few friends in animation, if you'd like me to ask 'em any specific questions for ya! I personally don't know a hell of a lot, but I assume that the professors in that department are just as fantastic as the professors I've had in the 4 different departments I've taken classes in (Illustration, Game Design, Sequential Art, Foundations).

NightDragon on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Maximas, if you go to SCAD, you're going to need to get shot at a whole lot more to pay it off.

Unless you got ~80K to put into it.

Tam on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really struggling to draw the ass.
    Let the innuendo begin!

Mustang on
    edited August 2009
    So it's a self portrait is it

Tam on
    edited August 2009
    You forgot the "Bud-dum-tsh!"

Mustang on
    edited August 2009
    I considered putting a "Zing!" in a spoiler, but I was too lazy.

Tam on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Maximas...come to Watts.

rts on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    poll needs a "...who?" option.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    edited August 2009
    You don't know Charis? She's been around a while....probably because she don't had no avatar.

Mustang on
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sup Napps, you got the stuff? I got the bread.

CheerfulBear on
    edited August 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    Maximas, if you go to SCAD, you're going to need to get shot at a whole lot more to pay it off.

Unless you got ~80K to put into it.

Well the GI Bill will cover a lot of that. Unfortunately the rate for Georgia isn't as high as like New York so I'm more likely to go to SVA as it'll be 100% paid for. But I'm not worried about money so much, I have no qualms about taking out student loans.

ND, I'm much more interested in 2D animation than 3D. I know it's a broken record for animation students, but ultimately my goal is to start my own animation studio and make full length films from there. This is a goal that most animators don't realize, I'm sure you know, but I kind of feel like after two combat deployments I can kind of do anything. :P

Cake, I was heavily debating for a long time between going for illustration or animation. Ultimately I'm going with animation, because essentially I'll still be drawing a lot and creating art regardless. Had I decided on strictly doing illustration, I would heavily consider Watts.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Would the GI Bill even pay for training at Watts?

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited August 2009
    You mean the GI Bill doesn't end up fucking you guys over most of the time?

Tam on
    edited August 2009
    So if you serve you get most if not all your education paid for? That's a pretty good deal, I know getting shot at is a pretty shit deal, but I don't think our returning guys are getting much more than a pat on the ass and a visit to the shrink for PTSD therapy.

Mustang on
    edited August 2009
    The NEW (Post 9/11) GI Bill is actually really awesome. The Montgomery GI Bill is kind of failsauce. Anyone who served at least 3 years of active duty after 9/11 qualifies for the new one. It pays based on the highest state school for that given state, and even gives you a housing allowance to live off of while you attend.

Edit:

And no I don't think it would pay for Watts, I think a requirement is that you work toward a degree or certificate of some kind...

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Well that's nice then. Looks like it's good times ahead for Maximas!

Tam on
    edited August 2009
    Absolutely! That's why my Gato is patting me on the head.
    n510400364_1770473_3337.jpg

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Oh my goodness.

NightDragon on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    watts watts watts

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited August 2009
    AND TOU HAVE A KITTY NOW!?!?!?!?

man

I want a kitty cat

Tam on
    edited August 2009
    I have a kitty, though he doesn't pat me on the head, he prefers the soothing ritual of gouging tracks of skin from my arm. It's a thing we have together.

Mustang on
    edited August 2009
    Haha, that's an older picture. He's about a year old now. And in Hawaii.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I miss Yoshi... :(

The worst part is, we left him on the farm owned by the guy my mum was going out with when we went to visit, and since they broke up after we left I'll never know what happened to him.

Flay on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I has a Kitty:

3831037901_bcaf028e56.jpg

She goes by many names but the most frequently used one at the moment is Groogins.

Grenn on
  • PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Some monkeys just wanna be spanked.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Grenn your cat looks more sociopathic than the average cat

which is rather sociopathic indeed

Tam on
    edited August 2009
    I forgot to mention she also gets called Eviltrude.

She was a stray and was taken in by some crazy old lady with lots of other cats but 'Trude does not get on with other cats AT ALL, so she was passed onto a friend of ours, who ended up giving her to my wife and I.

Even though she is evil and has most of her teeth missing, she's a lovely cat and frequently makes me laugh at her wacky antics.

Grenn on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I absolutely love this...

To be honest though, I really don't know anything about David Lynch.

Flay on
    edited August 2009
    You should totally rent Inland Empire where the 'rabbits' episodes appear... you will love it, it's a total laugh-riot! :winky:

Grenn on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, I have some English questions for you guys:

Former and Ladder... how does this work? Like if I said, "Thin or fat; I preffer the ladder". Which one does it refer to?

Also, the word Guise, does it have a negative connotation? Like, if I am doing something, but I really have a secret agenda or secondary motives. The dictionary just says "External appearance".

MagicToaster on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MaximasXXZ wrote: »
    Cheese graters are false hope.

I am coming home in a couple of weeks. Believe it or not, the Marine Corps is actually over-staffed right now so the odds of being re-deployed or "stop-loss" are incredibly low. When I joined, they were really short on people--guys would re-enlist and get up to $90,000 bonuses. Now it's back to the way it was before Iraq, you get like an extra paycheck and some leave for another 4 years.

So as Metal said, my current contract is ending and I will be out of the Marines entirely in May. God that feels good to say...

Sonic: Yes I am! I still need to apply and all that jazz, but I'm still very much looking forward to getting my animation degree at SVA and making teh moviiiiiiiiiiies! :D

I'm not sure if I've asked before, but what's your MOS?

NotASenator on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Former and Ladder... how does this work? Like if I said, "Thin or fat; I preffer the ladder". Which one does it refer to?

Also, the word Guise, does it have a negative connotation? Like, if I am doing something, but I really have a secret agenda or secondary motives. The dictionary just says "External appearance".

Former and latter, meaning one the first and the second, or one that came before and one that came after.

"Thin or fat", thin being the former and fat being the latter.

"The Bush administration and the Obama adminstration had different views on taxes - the former lowering and the latter raising them."

"Guise" has a connotation sometimes of not being the true appearance, like a disguise, although that's not technically correct. That's why we have the word "disguise".

But you would say "He came in under the guise of being technically savvy" which suggests that he isn't really isn't savvy at all, it was just the front he was putting up. Because of that, the "two-facedness" of it gives it the stigma.

NotASenator on
  • CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »

I am insulted.

n1234020806_30423769_3745.jpg

My cat charges her lasers, and when not preoccupied with this, sits around as a lazy little pile.

Charis on
  • CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Charis wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »

I am insulted.

n1234020806_30423769_3745.jpg

My cat charges her lasers, and when not preoccupied with this, sits around as a lazy little pile.

Aso, MT, it's not really that hard. You just use the rungs, y'know?

FRP_ladder.jpg

Charis on
This discussion has been closed.