As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halo 3: ODST - Prepare To Drop (Out Tuesday)

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Speaking of Halo Wars, they just posted a writeup on Blood Gulch.

FyreWulff on
  • RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I haven't played much of halo wars recently, but its still fun.

Also we keep an open door policy. Send us a friend request and if you see us in a party join up, If there's 8 of us already we'll probably just whine a bit and play customs

also I should probably tone down on the late nights. Fucking killing my sleep schedule
    You guys need to play more late at night. I am on the night shift (watch 3) and I stay up till at least 3 AM PST every night. By then there are like 2 people online and they're the ones who left their 360's on when they go to bed.

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    DogEight wrote: »
    El Extremo wrote: »
    You're welcome into my bosom any day.

a/s/l? :winky:

Ahem. Anyways....in the interest of on-topic: My truskill rank of 13 has been especially taunting me lately and I plan to slap it around the head and neck this week. So if anyone sees me subjecting myself to random shit-flinging retards in a ranked list, you're more than welcome to join in/save me.

In which playlist? I have a 35 in Lone Wolves but I've been meaning to ask a group to see what we can hit in a team list. I'll jump in with you for sure.

EDIT: Shit, no I won't, I don't have Mythic. Squad Battle is the only ranked team playlist I have access to. See you at the end of September, I guess.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Also we keep an open door policy. Send us a friend request and if you see us in a party join up, If there's 8 of us already we'll probably just whine a bit and play customs

also I should probably tone down on the late nights. Fucking killing my sleep schedule
    You guys need to play more late at night. I am on the night shift (watch 3) and I stay up till at least 3 AM PST every night. By then there are like 2 people online and they're the ones who left their 360's on when they go to bed.

perhaps that is because it is 6 am when you are up at 3 am

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

perhaps that is because it is 6 am when you are up at 3 am
    :winky:

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
    edited August 2009
    All imaged and pre linked:

halowarsmappack.jpg

FyreWulff on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Jesus, my first reaction to that was "WTF!? They already are releasing info on an ODST map pack!?"

Then I clicked it was like like "oooohh."

UEAKCrash on
  • LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Internet gets hooked up tomorrow for my glorious return tomorrow night. Also, during my move I realized I buy too much shit. Must buy less games. Might do a gamefly thing. Or just
    make ODST the Game of Forever for me. Great OP and nice to see my new tag.

LordNibbler on
    Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
    edited August 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Jesus, my first reaction to that was "WTF!? They already are releasing info on an ODST map pack!?"

Then I clicked it was like like "oooohh."

Heh. Well, the actual info on ODST DLC is that there is no ODST Firefight DLC planned. For now.

FyreWulff on
  • SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    DogEight wrote: »
    You're welcome into my bosom any day.

a/s/l? :winky:

Ahem. Anyways....in the interest of on-topic: My truskill rank of 13 has been especially taunting me lately and I plan to slap it around the head and neck this week. So if anyone sees me subjecting myself to random shit-flinging retards in a ranked list, you're more than welcome to join in/save me.

I wouldn't mind helping. My lowest play lists are:

Team SWAT - 39
    MLG - 23
    Team Snipers - 20
    SquadBattle - 16

Team Snipers or SWAT would probably be the easiest.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    let's team slayer

OmnomnomPancake on
  • rorrrorr Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm at least a 45 in everything except Squad Battle, but I'll play whatever if anyone wants

rorr on
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    hey so how do we get our pic in the OP? and do we just get a cool showt or is there criteria?

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man, that area of Pennsylvania I was in this weekend was like going back in time or something. Felt completely isolated because it was a private housing development up in the mountains, but it's just five minutes from a major highway that you cannot even see nor hear at all. Awesome, but having an internet connection is better.

I shall be on shortly, but cannot be on as long as normally since school starts up again tomorrow. First day of the second to last semester.

Mx. Quill on
    edited August 2009
    Angel177 wrote: »
    hey so how do we get our pic in the OP? and do we just get a cool showt or is there criteria?

Not everybody is in the OP, only the most active people.

Willeth on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, I've been thinking about getting in on these Halo shenanigans, and to be honest I really only care about the multiplayer side of things.

So, to get the full multiplayer experience my choice is either wait for ODST and get it for $60, or get Halo 3 for $35 and then drop $25 on DLC (already have 300 points on my account). But, even with that I'll still be missing some maps and I won't get access to firefight?

So, the prudent move would be to wait for ODST?

Inquisitor on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Basically, yes.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • 043043 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I might as well post it here, too.

So here's a question for you guys:

I used to play games with a buddy of mine, from home, while he was at college. And it worked fine; we had two different ISPs, he had DSL and I had cable. When I moved to Auburn, where he was in school, we couldn't play Halo over XBL anymore, seemingly because we were both on the same cable ISP.

I move back, get cable here? We can play just fine. But as soon as he moves back into his old house, where they have DSL, and I switch ISPs, it fucks up again. We can't join each other's party, chat or join each other's games.

So:

Me (Pell City, Cable) - Him (Auburn, DSL) = Works fine.
    Me (Auburn, Cable) - Him (Auburn, Cable) = Fails.
    Me (Back in Pell City, Cable) - Him (Back in Pell City, DSL) = Works fine.
    Me (Pell City, now switched over to DSL) - Him (Pell City, still on DSL) = Fails.

What the everloving fuck is going on? We both have open NAT settings, our routers are configured properly, but nothing works on XBL. Is this simply an ISP problem?

Any ideas?
    I know it's worded funny, but oh my fucking God this has me so mad. I just need someone's help, as Google turns up nothing detailed.This shit plauged us the entire year I lived in Auburn, and now it's back. WE JUST WANT TO PLAY MATCHMAKING.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Technically you could just buy Halo 3 and still have access to 5v5 slayer/objective, 6v6 slayer/objective ranked, and 8man FFA ranked.

But yea, it would probably be better to wait for ODST for the full Halo 3 multiplayer experience + ODST campaign + Firefight, and the only thing you would be missing is the Halo 3 campaign.

Ratsult2 on
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh man I need to be in the list of members, but to do that I need to play more! But to do that I need to stop playing Batman!

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Killtacular extermination, and three bomb plants. My team still lost.

Le sigh.

Leitner on
    edited August 2009
    043 wrote: »
    I might as well post it here, too.

So here's a question for you guys:

I used to play games with a buddy of mine, from home, while he was at college. And it worked fine; we had two different ISPs, he had DSL and I had cable. When I moved to Auburn, where he was in school, we couldn't play Halo over XBL anymore, seemingly because we were both on the same cable ISP.

I move back, get cable here? We can play just fine. But as soon as he moves back into his old house, where they have DSL, and I switch ISPs, it fucks up again. We can't join each other's party, chat or join each other's games.

So:

Me (Pell City, Cable) - Him (Auburn, DSL) = Works fine.
    Me (Auburn, Cable) - Him (Auburn, Cable) = Fails.
    Me (Back in Pell City, Cable) - Him (Back in Pell City, DSL) = Works fine.
    Me (Pell City, now switched over to DSL) - Him (Pell City, still on DSL) = Fails.

What the everloving fuck is going on? We both have open NAT settings, our routers are configured properly, but nothing works on XBL. Is this simply an ISP problem?

Any ideas?
    I know it's worded funny, but oh my fucking God this has me so mad. I just need someone's help, as Google turns up nothing detailed.This shit plauged us the entire year I lived in Auburn, and now it's back. WE JUST WANT TO PLAY MATCHMAKING.

The Leitners used to have similar problems with parties and XBL, but I don't think I've ever seen it as clear-cut as what you've just described. You'd probably be better served making a thread in the tech subforum.

Willeth on
  • SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My brother and I used to have the same problem, but resetting our routers seemed to fix it.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    never did get the security helmet

I'd probably play more if I had it

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
    edited August 2009
    see now thats a good answer but here's the thing, what is considered most active? play everyday? play at least once a week?
    Its been mentioned that the in jokes and off topic discussions (which personally I love) confuse or alienate possible new members, but what do you consider grounds for active membership and as an aside where is the big list in the OP of member gamertags?:? other than the photo'ed guys of course.

Angel177 on
  • AMadTeaPartyAMadTeaParty Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think almost everyone in the OP plays everyday or several times in a big group.

AMadTeaParty on
    edited August 2009
    We're not that formal. Anyone with an image in the OP is someone who plays fairly often and posts in here often. The images have replaced the big-ass list that was in some of the old threads, it's not like we have any sort of application process.

What's your gamertag? Have you played with us before? Keep doing that, we'd love to have you.

Willeth on
    edited August 2009
    Angel177 wrote: »
    see now thats a good answer but here's the thing, what is considered most active? play everyday? play at least once a week?
    Its been mentioned that the in jokes and off topic discussions (which personally I love) confuse or alienate possible new members, but what do you consider grounds for active membership and as an aside where is the big list in the OP of member gamertags?:? other than the photo'ed guys of course.

There is no membership. There's just playing Halo.

OmnomnomPancake on
    edited August 2009
    There is no membership. There's just playing Halo.[/QUOTE]

ok good love that line!!!:lol:

Angel177 on
  • DogEightDogEight Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Did you ever get your eagle in Team Slayer, Pancake? Squad battle is also good.

Honestly, if you guys ever see me on at night playing Bioshock or Ghostbusters (which is awesome by the way) feel free to wake me up out of my single player stupor to get down with some halo. Wednesday or Thursday is looking like some good game nights for me.

DogEight on
    edited August 2009
    No eagle for me. One day.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No eagle for me. One day.

Just get your sig. back, it's kinda the same.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
    edited August 2009
    well hey on the bright side you 3 will be out of jail by the time odst comes out!

LookFreeGrenade on
    edited August 2009
    Tourney round 1 over

tourney-cc.jpg

FyreWulff on
  • El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I feel special that I'm in the OP and haven't played Halo in almost 2 months.

But soon!

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I feel special that I'm in the OP and haven't played Halo in almost 2 months.

But soon!

If you need a box I can get you one, I know people.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
    edited August 2009
    I am a box

LookFreeGrenade on
  • El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I appreciate the sentiments guys, but this is something I've gotta do alone. It's me against the world.

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am a box

I'm misconstruing this lookfree and I'm now ashamed.

Viscountalpha on
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't have Halo 3 anymore (traded it in :() but will be getting ODST... Is it to late to come hang with the bees?

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
This discussion has been closed.