As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Streaming Netflix via my 360

John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So I hooked this up last night, and while I was generally very pleased with it, I do have a few questions.

When my wife and I first connected, there were vast lists of comedy, romance, new releases, etc. now all I see is my instant que and party. The lists have disappeared. Why?

Do I have to activate the service using the code via my PC everytime I connect? We had to do it at least twice, and had to restart the xbox twice due to it getting stuck on while connecting to netflix. Common issue?

Any general tips for using netflix on my xbox? I see that it automatically put some tv shows/DVDs that we had requested on DVD into the instant que, which was very cool.

Thanks, PA, you're all real swell folks.

John Matrix on

• Options
    WootloopsWootloops Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You have to actually set up your queue online via your laptop or PC. For some reason it doesn't give the option to do so by the 360. Kind of a weird oversight, if you ask me.

Other than that, it's all pretty straight forward: click and watch! As for the entering the code...I don't believe you'll need to enter that more than once. I never did.

Wootloops on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I hooked this up last night, and while I was generally very pleased with it, I do have a few questions.

When my wife and I first connected, there were vast lists of comedy, romance, new releases, etc. now all I see is my instant que and party. The lists have disappeared. Why?

Do I have to activate the service using the code via my PC everytime I connect? We had to do it at least twice, and had to restart the xbox twice due to it getting stuck on while connecting to netflix. Common issue?

Any general tips for using netflix on my xbox? I see that it automatically put some tv shows/DVDs that we had requested on DVD into the instant que, which was very cool.

Thanks, PA, you're all real swell folks.

Losing the other sections (New Movies, Comedies, TV, etc) was happening when they first launched, and I think it had to do with connection issues, which seemslike it would tie in with the having to restart thing.

Do you normally have issues with your xbox live connection or your internet connection in general?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wootloops wrote: »
    You have to actually set up your queue online via your laptop or PC. For some reason it doesn't give the option to do so by the 360. Kind of a weird oversight, if you ask me.

Other than that, it's all pretty straight forward: click and watch! As for the entering the code...I don't believe you'll need to enter that more than once. I never did.

This isn't true anymore.

You can now select a variety of movies and TV shows from the 360 to add to your queue or watch right away.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Never really had any problems with the connection, although it was acting a little odd last night. I think I might reset the whole thing by removing the connection with netflix.

We've lost the listing of all shows on the xbox, I'll check back tonight and see what's up.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There was a "Free Gold Weekend" this last weekend too, so I'm guessing the network was under more strain than normal.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    By chance, do you use wifi for your 360?

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No, hard wired straight into my router.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've noticed that Netflix will cycle out stuff, at least, that's what it looks like to me. But- instant queueing through the Netflix account works fine, and pretty much rules.

Tach on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sorry for the necromancy, but I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for my question.

How often are the streaming items updated? It says that season 1 of 30 rock is available until October 1, does this mean that updates come at the beginning of the month, typically? Looking forward to season 2 of 30 rock, I'm assuming they'll post it next... hopefully.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sorry for the necromancy, but I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for my question.

How often are the streaming items updated? It says that season 1 of 30 rock is available until October 1, does this mean that updates come at the beginning of the month, typically? Looking forward to season 2 of 30 rock, I'm assuming they'll post it next... hopefully.

Season 2 is up, and will also be going away 10/1. I assume they'll toss season 3 on there after.

The easiest way to find a specific show is to use the internet database.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg