Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

FALL IS COMING (Fall TV thread)

15657585961

Posts

  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    comedy shows compete against comedy shows

    if NBC starts airing a show where people slap each other with fish make knock-knock jokes for a half an hour, you can't say "oh no you can't dislike it, it's a whole different type of comedy"

    Charles Kinbote on
    www.twitter.com/amazingwarlock
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    comedy shows compete against comedy shows

    if NBC starts airing a show where people slap each other with fish make knock-knock jokes for a half an hour, you can't say "oh no you can't dislike it, it's a whole different type of comedy"

    Wow I didn't realize that "you can't compare it to x" was the same as "you can't dislike it"

    amazing.

    Khavall on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    shank compare deep impact and armageddon GO

    Faricazy on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also I was totally not expecting Seth McFarlane on Flashforward.

    captaink on
    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User
    edited September 2009
    deep impact is clearly the superior movie because hguhaughdsdfhdfsh

    Randall_Flagg on
  • Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How could anyone not be delighted by How I Met Your Mother?

    Dorktron9000 on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    all but one of the characters are annoying

    Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    CFN: RoboWizard
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    shank compare deep impact and armageddon GO

    I liked Volcano better

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    YaYa wrote: »
    Fari I like you so I'll listen to you when Shank's got his pretentious hat on

    is Bored to Death good in the second episode, y/n

    calling a show "bad" isn't pretentious

    god yaya

    in fact given that you are an aspiring film writer I would think that you would recognize the importance of solid writing

    and, uh, functional, flowing dialogue

    not if you read his screenplay

    oh ho ho ho

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »
    shank compare deep impact and armageddon GO

    I liked Volcano better

    YES Tommy Lee Jones was awesome but that film was ruined by the bone shakingly bad 'They all look the same daddy' line right at the end.

    I mean I nearly vomited right at the TV.

    The rest is good though. Jones has basically patented that 'badass motherfucker with a mission to complete' role and he nails it in every Goddamn film.

    The_Scarab on
    scarab you have mental problems
  • LarlarLarlar Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    Two episodes into Season 5 now and I'm officially hooked on HIMYM.

    Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Larlar wrote: »
    Two episodes into Season 5 now and I'm officially hooked on HIMYM.

    It really adds to the experience once you've caught up on the other seasons

    edit: but of course you know this, what am I doing

    Grey Ghost on
    QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | NNID: ProjectGR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Twitter
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    way to be behind larlar

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dantes Peak is better than all three of the movies mentioned on this page.

    A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    TuckSig.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk
  • LarlarLarlar Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    Two episodes into Season 5 now and I'm officially hooked on HIMYM.

    It really adds to the experience once you've caught up on the other seasons

    edit: but of course you know this, what am I doing

    WHAT

    WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED

    not really an edit: oh, right

    Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll be just fine. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dantes Peak is better than all three of the movies mentioned on this page.

    oh god when she's pushing the boat through that lake

    oh goddddddddd

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: VIVIXENNEXIVIV | TWITTER | BATTLENET: VIVIXENNE#1433
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Larlar wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    Two episodes into Season 5 now and I'm officially hooked on HIMYM.

    It really adds to the experience once you've caught up on the other seasons

    edit: but of course you know this, what am I doing

    WHAT

    WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED

    not really an edit: oh, right

    Don't you fake edit at me

    Grey Ghost on
    QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | NNID: ProjectGR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Twitter
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    fuck yeah himym is online already

    gonna watch this so hard

    Projeck on
  • LarlarLarlar Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    Two episodes into Season 5 now and I'm officially hooked on HIMYM.

    It really adds to the experience once you've caught up on the other seasons

    edit: but of course you know this, what am I doing

    WHAT

    WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED

    not really an edit: oh, right

    Don't you fake edit at me

    okay

    real edit: sorry

    Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Dantes Peak is better than all three of the movies mentioned on this page.

    oh god when she's pushing the boat through that lake

    oh goddddddddd

    Don't deal so well with acid eating away at grandmas, Viv?

    Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    comedy shows compete against comedy shows

    if NBC starts airing a show where people slap each other with fish make knock-knock jokes for a half an hour, you can't say "oh no you can't dislike it, it's a whole different type of comedy"

    Wow I didn't realize that "you can't compare it to x" was the same as "you can't dislike it"

    amazing.

    ok fair enough

    but my point was saying that one comedy show cannot be compared to another comedy show because the types of comedy are different are goofy

    you can still say a show is funnier or less funny than something else

    Charles Kinbote on
    www.twitter.com/amazingwarlock
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The video game they are playing on this episode of House is just

    It's something, all right

    Grey Ghost on
    QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | NNID: ProjectGR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Twitter
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    The video game they are playing on this episode of House is just

    It's something, all right

    amazingly enough it's kinda similar to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brute_Force_%28video_game%29

    Faricazy on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think house was playing metroid fusion on a GBA once. That was neat. It didn't have a cartridge in it or something equally strange though.

    Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    The video game they are playing on this episode of House is just

    It's something, all right

    When Thirteen and Taub are playing it and Thirteen walks off and Taub is still there on the ground flailing at the game bats. Hahahaha Taub is the best.

    The_Scarab on
    scarab you have mental problems
  • ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    HIMYM Question:

    Are some of those flashbacks where they mention "Years ago" use real footage? I know the show likes to play with time a lot, but I'm curious if it has an arrested development kinda vibe with past episodes playing a big part in current ones.

    ANTVGM64 on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    HIMYM Question:

    Are some of those flashbacks where they mention "Years ago" use real footage? I know the show likes to play with time a lot, but I'm curious if it has an arrested development kinda vibe with past episodes playing a big part in current ones.

    Some do. Mainly the super early ones or ones relating to the slap bet.

    My advice is to just go back and watch em all. It's good TV.

    The_Scarab on
    scarab you have mental problems
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    HIMYM Question:

    Are some of those flashbacks where they mention "Years ago" use real footage? I know the show likes to play with time a lot, but I'm curious if it has an arrested development kinda vibe with past episodes playing a big part in current ones.

    On some occasions they do flash back to stuff from actual previous episodes, but a lot of the time it's stuff they filmed just for the flashback

    Grey Ghost on
    QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | NNID: ProjectGR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Twitter
  • ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So allow me to recomend both Dexter AND Californication to anyone that has netflix, the new seasons are going to be up on netflix as they air, and both have the past seasons on instant as well to catch up.

    ANTVGM64 on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's not nearly as smart as Arrested Development, though, with either a link to the past being made as an obvious afterthought, or if something is going to happen in the future they tend to make a really big deal about it

    Janson on
    sig.jpg
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've really got to do another run through Arrested Development soon

    damn what a show

    Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    CFN: RoboWizard
  • ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've been through it three times in marathon sessions.

    It's how I spent 4/20 last year. Damn near sublime.

    ANTVGM64 on
  • YaYaYaYa Rick and Morty forever and ever 100 years! a100timesRickandMorty.comRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    YaYa wrote: »
    Fari I like you so I'll listen to you when Shank's got his pretentious hat on

    is Bored to Death good in the second episode, y/n

    calling a show "bad" isn't pretentious

    god yaya

    in fact given that you are an aspiring film writer I would think that you would recognize the importance of solid writing

    and, uh, functional, flowing dialogue

    not if you read his screenplay

    oh ho ho ho

    ...

    ow

    YaYa on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    yaya you know this is joke

    but it was joke that had to be made

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User
    edited September 2009
    YaYa wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Fari I like you so I'll listen to you when Shank's got his pretentious hat on

    is Bored to Death good in the second episode, y/n

    calling a show "bad" isn't pretentious

    god yaya

    in fact given that you are an aspiring film writer I would think that you would recognize the importance of solid writing

    and, uh, functional, flowing dialogue

    not if you read his screenplay

    oh ho ho ho

    ...

    ow

    Hey

    Hey

    Industry professionals are gonna be a lot more blunt

    I hear if they don't like your script they pee on a cup and throw it on you

    Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    deemer don't give me ideas

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    is season 4 of himym out on dvd yet

    Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Came out today, actually

    Grey Ghost on
    QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | NNID: ProjectGR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Twitter
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Redeemer wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Fari I like you so I'll listen to you when Shank's got his pretentious hat on

    is Bored to Death good in the second episode, y/n

    calling a show "bad" isn't pretentious

    god yaya

    in fact given that you are an aspiring film writer I would think that you would recognize the importance of solid writing

    and, uh, functional, flowing dialogue

    not if you read his screenplay

    oh ho ho ho

    ...

    ow

    Hey

    Hey

    Industry professionals are gonna be a lot more blunt

    I hear if they don't like your script they pee on a cup and throw it on you

    in hollywood they actually pee in the cup, I hear

    Charles Kinbote on
    www.twitter.com/amazingwarlock
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    that is a common myth though shank

    hollywood people ain't got no aim

    The Lovely Bastard on
This discussion has been closed.