As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon Thread: It's mid-January and only 1 person has claimed his Christmas Poké.WTF

• Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The Battle Factory is fun as long as you don't care about your win streak.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Waggy wrote: »
    Does anyone else love the battle factory? Its an awesome way to try out new 'mons. It sort of sucks though if your opponent gets a team which can stomp your rented pokemon. One of the trainers just said "I'm the main character, it's impossible for me to lose!" which gave me a laugh.

Oh man I am all about the Battle Factory. That place is awesome.
    I spent a lot more time there in Emerald than I did in Platinum, but that's only because I had a lot more time on my hands, then.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The Battle Factory fucking sucks in the fourth gen. In Emerald it was good, just not anymore.

RockinX on
  • Options
    WaggyWaggy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bleh, after getting mauled yet again I'm trying out the Battle Tower. I have revised my opinion and the Battle Factory is outright evil.

Waggy on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh hey look there's a pokemon thread

I have this game

I can't find a Munchlax to save my life

Anyone want to help a dude out, trade me a Munchlax for a sec to get it into my pokedex? I'll trade it right back :x

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Have you tried the Honey trees? Thats where they appear.

In other news, the Battle Tower won't let me do more than 7 consecutive battles. What the hell, I'm giving up on the Battle Frontier for now.

Waggy on
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Should I keep this Shaymin or keep trying?

Shaymin - #492 (Timid)
    HP : 30
    Att : 0 - 3
    Def : 20 - 23
    SpA : 27 - 29
    SpD : 27 - 29
    Speed : 27 - 29

Adellios on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Have you tried the Honey trees? Thats where they appear.

In other news, the Battle Tower won't let me do more than 7 consecutive battles. What the hell, I'm giving up on the Battle Frontier for now.

Honestly I wasn't interested in messing around with 1% drop chance thing

Although apparently I already had one in my pokedex...? Or something. I dunno, I could've sworn it was what I was missing. It's all good, though.

National dex, hoo!

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ah, well thats good. Are you on Platinum, if so have fun chasing the roaming legendaries? Its pretty damn horrible trying to do it.

That Shaymin seems decent, although I'm abviously no expert. If you won't be using it often it seems like a keeper.

Waggy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm playing with the ancient copy of Pearl I got... years ago?

I stopped outside of victory road and just this past weekend decided I might as well get through it.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ah, I see. I like how you only have to see them for the national dex. Catching them all would just be cruel, especially on Platinum.

Waggy on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    INNS, you probably saw a trainer using one, hence it being in your Pokedex. If you fight every trainer in the game, you end up with a full 'seen' Pokedex, anyhow. You just don't own them all.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is there a good comparison of Ball strengths anywhere? Is there any reason not to just use Dusk Balls for everything?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    INNS, you probably saw a trainer using one, hence it being in your Pokedex. If you fight every trainer in the game, you end up with a full 'seen' Pokedex, anyhow. You just don't own them all.

yeah, it was just like uh, when i checked my pokedex after doing the elite 4, i could've sworn it was one of the things i was missing

but it's all good now :)

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If you wanted one, I'm sure someone could just breed you one and pass it over. I'd offer, but all my breeding stuff is on Diamond, and all my battling stuff is on Platinum, and that includes mah SNORRRRLAAAAAAAAAX.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone in the mood for a battle?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Goddamnit, I need to check the thread more often. Five minutes after I posted?

I would, but I want to sleep. Maybe tomorrow, Silence.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    Goddamnit, I need to check the thread more often. Five minutes after I posted?

I would, but I want to sleep. Maybe tomorrow, Silence.

Righto, I'll look for you tomorrow.

Anyone else around looking to battle?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm going to attempt to breed a Scyther some time this week. Around what level should I evolve it and what moves should I give it?

Waggy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm going to attempt to breed a Scyther some time this week. Around what level should I evolve it and what moves should I give it?

Evolve it at level 1, and make sure you trade it to someone who has platinum. It will learn Bullet Punch this way. Other good moves include U - Turn, Brick Break or Superpower, and Pursuit or Quick Attack.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    how much speed does a Golbat need to mean look Mesprit before it flees?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    how much speed does a Golbat need to mean look Mesprit before it flees?
    You get a break after every 7 matches.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    sorry if this has been posted before, but just too awesome. Pokemon done in traditional Japanese art style

http://blog.livedoor.jp/agraphlog-asamegraph/temp/pokehyaku.html

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    sorry if this has been posted before, but just too awesome. Pokemon done in traditional Japanese art style

I have that as my background. It works really well.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    WTF look at Smoochum.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Anyone looking to battle?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

WOAH.

...Vileplume and Parasect scare me. And Cloyster looks too much like the Gate of Truth for comfort.

Has that guy done 3rd and 4th gen yet?

Enlong on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Enlong wrote: »
    And Cloyster looks too much like the Gate of Truth for comfort.

Bahahaha.

Can't unsee it now.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    God, so many extra and creepy eyeballs.
    Miltanks stomach is perhaps the most disturbing out of all of those monstrous things.
    Also, the least safe for work.
    Cause it looks like vaginas
    and tentacles..
    but the tentacles are exiting the vaginas

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ursaring and Teddiursa look like they were taken directly from Brother Bear.

Gengar looks like it was taken directly from a nightmare.

RockinX on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    RockinX wrote: »
    Ursaring and Teddiursa look like they were taken directly from Brother Bear.

Gengar looks like it was taken directly from a nightmare.

His- his eyes and mouth are flowing like his face is made of water oh god.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So does anyone have any experience with Shoddy Battle?
    a) Is it easy/hard to set up?
    b) Are the people who use it quality, or your typical internet scumbag morons (as opposed to the people on PA)?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    RogarRogar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted, but I recently picked up Platinum. I also have FireRed, and so I've been trying to catch a Growlite (on Platinum), and I haven't had any luck.

I have FireRed inserted, and I'm on Route 201/202 in Platinum. Is there something I'm missing that is preventing me from finding Growlithe in this location, is this just the wrong location, or something else?

Anyways, thanks in advance if one of you can help me with this. :)

Rogar on
    Pearl FC: 1676 7951 0481 - Platinum FC: 4082 6952 6888
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Are you using the pokeradar?

EDIT: Or do you have the National Dex?

Adellios on
  • Options
    RogarRogar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh, is that required for finding him? I only just started my playthrough on Platinum, so I don't have access to either of those yet. I just remember finding Growlithe in my copy of Pearl before, but couldn't remember when/how I did. Thanks for the quick reply.

Rogar on
    Pearl FC: 1676 7951 0481 - Platinum FC: 4082 6952 6888
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Rogar wrote: »
    Oh, is that required for finding him? I only just started my playthrough on Platinum, so I don't have access to either of those yet. I just remember finding Growlithe in my copy of Pearl before, but couldn't remember when/how I did. Thanks for the quick reply.

If you'd like a Growlithe, someone here can probably hook you up. If you're on later, say 11PM EST, I can hook you up with one.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    b) Are the people who use it quality, or your typical internet scumbag morons (as opposed to the people on PA)?

It's an easy java based program. The chat room goes all over, but in games most people don't really say much at all besides like 'gg' which I never say because it's meaningless.

Jars on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Jars wrote: »

It's an easy java based program. The chat room goes all over, but in games most people don't really say much at all besides like 'gg' which I never say because it's meaningless.

GG = Good Game. So unless you're never having good games against people...

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

When I played Magic a long time ago, I always found "gg" incredibly rude, because people always said it before they won the game, or condescendingly, or in a game that decided by luck and was anything but good.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Zerokku wrote: »

GG = Good Game. So unless you're never having good games against people...

Mumbling it after sports games in 4th grade was meaningless. It's just as meaningless now.

Jars on