As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Graphical Issues

headn00bheadn00b Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
So I just formatted my PC for the first time in a while. Everything seemed fine until I tried watching a video or playing a game.

In the case of the video, everything is really dark. It's doing this on Windows Media Player and VideoLAN. I was about to post about this when I realized it was likely to be a graphics card issue, so I tried playing Counter-Strike: Source (the only game I have installed at the moment) and wouldn't you have guessed it; it didn't work.

I have a GeForce 7900 and I have the latest Forceware and DirectX installed. Any thoughts on what's causing my problem?

Your sig was too tall.

-Thinatos
headn00b on

• Options
    robaalrobaal Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Try uninstalling the drivers, removing them with driver cleaner and reinstalling maybe?

Does the game provide some info on why it won't work?

robaal on
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
    At night, the ice weasels come."