As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In This [Chat] We Ask For Thanato's On High

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think it might be time to lop off all of my hair again.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    People who bitch about getting items in TF2 are retards and deserve mockery.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Today I ordered a spool of 50m of HDPE welding rod. For $30 that feels like a decent price.
    Question for you.
    Why is my physics department turning out more nanotech papers than the chem department?
    Because chemistry is hard. Also we cross into biology a lot. Building tiny lithographed stuff is comparatively easy.
    I think I might inadvertently end up in nanotech.
    Weird how that happens.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Did Glenn Beck cheat to gain special hats? He hasn't yet uploaded screenshots showing his hats are still in his inventory.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    So, you wouldn't watch Overnight? Because you should totally watch Overnight; it's hilarious.

what is this?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

Does it count as bitching if you feel that Valve implemented the random drop system badly?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Did Glenn Beck cheat to gain special hats? He hasn't yet uploaded screenshots showing his hats are still in his inventory.

Well I'd really need to see the long form to know for sure.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    Man, De Niro. He's obviously good. I mean, great. But he's in so much shit. Are there just no decent roles for an old guy in Hollywood? That man does not deserve to be in Righteous Kill, and Meet the Parents, and Meet the Fockers, and Little Fockers, and Hide and Seek, and Godsend.

God, De Niro has been in a lot of shit.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So, you wouldn't watch Overnight? Because you should totally watch Overnight; it's hilarious.

what is this?

It's a documentary about Troy Duffy.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Does it count as bitching if you feel that Valve implemented the random drop system badly?

Preacher is an internet misanthrope.

The answer is whichever allows him to mock more people.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Define badly?

Deniro is just following the time honored tradition of being in every movie that will sign him to make money.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    no more worky for me. I just can't take it anymore.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nanotech is a buzz area for physics. The buzz area for chemistry seems to be more about wettability of surfaces (every issue of Langmuir seems to be at least 50% devoted to this).

Like, if I could think of anything cool to do, I have a technique which can churn out arbitrary 2D nanostructures (just, 100nm limit on features) in a wide bandgap semiconductor. Aside from wave guides and some surface charge surface area work though, I seem to lack the creativity to use it.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Full res, no thumbnails, notarized by Valve.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Man, De Niro. He's obviously good. I mean, great. But he's in so much shit. Are there just no decent roles for an old guy in Hollywood? That man does not deserve to be in Righteous Kill, and Meet the Parents, and Meet the Fockers, and Little Fockers, and Hide and Seek, and Godsend.

And yet Taxi Driver.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Man's gotta eat.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »

:(

Hands not working today or head?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2009

My issue with this, is the people who'll really suffer are the consumers. Pfizer will fuck over the rest of us on medications and the fine gets paid down the line.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2009

No I'd have to be able to see it on his computer with a valve rep, and david caruso (to verify it is truely his computer dna n stuff).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2009

what is this?

I looked it up on Netflix

ehhhhh

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

My issue with this, is the people who'll really suffer are the consumers. Pfizer will fuck over the rest of us on medications and the fine gets paid down the line.

Yeah. Would be nice if we had that "don't be a dick" law like Japan was talking about. Then we could start rounding up CEOs to be drawn and quartered.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Nanotech is a buzz area for physics. The buzz area for chemistry seems to be more about wettability of surfaces (every issue of Langmuir seems to be at least 50% devoted to this).

Like, if I could think of anything cool to do, I have a technique which can churn out arbitrary 2D nanostructures (just, 100nm limit on features) in a wide bandgap semiconductor. Aside from wave guides and some surface charge surface area work though, I seem to lack the creativity to use it.
    oooh
    I want to learn more about surface chemistries.
    Random adsorption onto a surface is not good enough for science!
    rarrrr

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Wow, considering that they were still pulling the same shit while working out settlements shows how much cajones they had.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

No I'd have to be able to see it on his computer with a valve rep, and david caruso (to verify it is truely his computer dna n stuff).

"Confirmed; this Picklehaube was obtained through idling."
    "Well it seems idled hats..."
    *Glasses*
    "...are the Devil's plaything."

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Pfizer finances Cash for Clunkers!

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is why I'd have zero pity for the pharma industry if the govt gets some sense and starts negotiating drug prices.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

100nm, 'dems scrub dimensions son.

Bulgarian girl has basically had her entire Ph D topic refocussed by my (and her) supervisor. Meanwhile I'm at home building plastic containers for acids to try and reduce the probability of killing myself making silicon surfaces.

Also, microwaves are less air tight then could be hoped for.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Yeah. Would be nice if we had that "don't be a dick" law like Japan was talking about. Then we could start rounding up CEOs to be drawn and quartered.

Yeah any other company a fine can hurt their business but when making medicine is your business the fine will just hurt everyone but the intended target.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I'd need to travel back through time to the moment he received each item and be standing over his shoulder with my own video camera.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjYs-Tj9d0c

The sun is coming up.
    Over that hill.
    Maybe it's not.
    I can't even tell.

Afternoon [chat].

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

*Glasses*

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »

Wow, considering that they were still pulling the same shit while working out settlements shows how much cajones they had.

You have to remember they have bought every senator and congressman they need, I'd be suprised of congress doesn't reduce this through some bullshit.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Only heretics worship Thanato's!

THANATOS! THANATOS!

DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM!

Bit like Spartacus really.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

what is this?

I looked it up on Netflix

ehhhhh

Shhh, just trust me.

In one scene..
    Troy's brother requests a meeting, for the first time, to discuss their band and issues he has with Troy. He has trouble talking because he keeps getting choked up and teary-eyed. When he's done talking Troy calls him untrustworthy and, basically, a leech. It deserves watching, to confirm the existence of such a horrible dude.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What's really bullshit is that individuals committed these crimes, and it's the company / shareholders who pay the fine. I want to see the individuals responsible from the ground up on criminal charges. If a bum goes into a pharmacy and tries to con the pharmacist out of pills, he's likely going to jail. But white collar pricks get to con people into overpaying for dangerous drugs, and their stock falls fourteen cents.

TL DR on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2009

He got to middle age and decided to do other things. Like the Tribeca thing, which required a lot of money and that he be a lot less picky about his roles.

In the seventies he worked with practically every director who was worth a damn, but he was picky about projects and made a string of stone-cold classics. In the late eighties and nineties he made more movies and a few were great (Goodfellas, Midnight Run, Heat) and a fair few were good, and in this last decade he's pretty much just made terrible movies.

I dunno. Maybe he's just a lot less driven now and wants to kick back.

Bogart on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »

*Glasses*

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
    8-)

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »

:(

Hands not working today or head?

It's nearly 5pm, I started at about 8.15am, and I'm just sleepy now.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

oooh
    I want to learn more about surface chemistries.
    Random adsorption onto a surface is not good enough for science!
    rarrrr
    Whitesides is the big man on anti-fouling coatings on things.

electricitylikesme on
This discussion has been closed.