Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

YouTubin'

15657586062

Posts

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    "You would have told me about this 'Jesus'" - yeah, because he's not a well known guy!

    Also, how does that letter get written when things are happening? It's like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "The Castle of aaauuuuugh."

    maybe he was dictating

    Pony on
  • doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    a christian furry?
    the mind boggles

    jesus died for your yiffs

    doublehawk00 on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    a christian furry?
    the mind boggles

    Ha ha ha you have no idea man, no idea.
    Pony wrote: »

    did you ever spend any time studying other religions?

    Eh, I've been vaguely curious about other religions, but yeah anything Judeo-Christian or NRM is right out from the get-go. I'd like to call myself "an atheist for the time being" but mostly I'm just busy with other shit.
    Yeah yeah, I know Rumi... I oughta buy something.

    that's cool, man

    it's good to hear your mind isn't slammed shut on the issue just because of some negative experiences and shit

    happens to too many folk i know, they grow up in say a strict Catholic or Muslim household and grow up and are like "FUCK RELIGION" and it's like

    dude, i understand your parents and the folk at your church were dicks

    but some of us ain't dicks! and i don't think some of us believe hateful, stupid things!

    but i can respect atheists, even if they aren't knowledgeable of other religions or whatever

    the idea that you gotta be an expert on a subject to have an opinion on it is stupid

    Pony on
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Prototype Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    "You would have told me about this 'Jesus'" - yeah, because he's not a well known guy!

    Also, how does that letter get written when things are happening? It's like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "The Castle of aaauuuuugh."

    maybe he was dictating

    to who, Screwtape?
    :P
    Druhim wrote: »
    a christian furry?
    the mind boggles

    jesus died for your yiffs

    Naw man Christfurs are all "anti-yiff" like so many young, hip Christian teens are "anti-porn" or "pro-abstinence." They draw G-rated pictures of their fursonas hanging out with Jesus, who is a lion furry (obviously).

    And damn you, internet, for teaching me these things.

    Curly_Brace on
    tom_sig2.jpgYKjfRSx.png
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    No offense Goatmon but that video really shows off the insane twists of logic that made me so mad and confused... and thus resulted in me becoming a godless commie atheist.

    But eh, them's the breaks.

    I'm sure people like me and Goatmon aren't going to take offense to that. There's jerkwad / insane Christians just as there are jerkwad / insane athiests / agnostics / Jews / etc. This video is a product of that jerkwad-insanity.

    Henroid on
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    No offense Goatmon but that video really shows off the insane twists of logic that made me so mad and confused... and thus resulted in me becoming a godless commie atheist.

    But eh, them's the breaks.

    I'm sure people like me and Goatmon aren't going to take offense to that. There's jerkwad / insane Christians just as there are jerkwad / insane athiests / agnostics / Jews / etc. This video is a product of that jerkwad-insanity.

    yep pretty much

    seriously i am pretty sure i could poke around youtube and find the video blog of some jack-ass moron atheist saying stupid ass shit that would make other atheists cradle their forehead in their palm and sigh with annoyance.

    i won't do that because i don't hate my own brain

    Pony on
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Prototype Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    it's good to hear your mind isn't slammed shut on the issue just because of some negative experiences and shit

    ...

    but some of us ain't dicks! and i don't think some of us believe hateful, stupid things!

    but i can respect atheists, even if they aren't knowledgeable of other religions or whatever

    the idea that you gotta be an expert on a subject to have an opinion on it is stupid

    I dunno man, I'm almost positive there are no Gods or God... or at least nothing worth worshiping. I don't wanna default to the yuppie stand-by of Buddhism but maybe I oughta give it a shot.

    Curly_Brace on
    tom_sig2.jpgYKjfRSx.png
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    No offense Goatmon but that video really shows off the insane twists of logic that made me so mad and confused... and thus resulted in me becoming a godless commie atheist.

    But eh, them's the breaks.

    I'm sure people like me and Goatmon aren't going to take offense to that. There's jerkwad / insane Christians just as there are jerkwad / insane athiests / agnostics / Jews / etc. This video is a product of that jerkwad-insanity.

    yep pretty much

    seriously i am pretty sure i could poke around youtube and find the video blog of some jack-ass moron atheist saying stupid ass shit that would make other atheists cradle their forehead in their palm and sigh with annoyance.

    i won't do that because i don't hate my own brain

    It happened like two months ago in D&D, it was pretty neat to see. Anyway. Less talking and more tubing.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgnR2N4w0VU

    Henroid on
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    it's good to hear your mind isn't slammed shut on the issue just because of some negative experiences and shit

    ...

    but some of us ain't dicks! and i don't think some of us believe hateful, stupid things!

    but i can respect atheists, even if they aren't knowledgeable of other religions or whatever

    the idea that you gotta be an expert on a subject to have an opinion on it is stupid

    I dunno man, I'm almost positive there are no Gods or God... or at least nothing worth worshiping. I don't wanna default to the yuppie stand-by of Buddhism but maybe I oughta give it a shot.

    well, not all religions or philosophies that get lumped in with religion are theistic, after all

    also despite the Steven Seagals of the world, not all Buddhists are pretentious hippie flakes looking to look more hip and indie than you

    I'm not!

    so hey, maybe it might be something worth looking into

    or not!

    if you are happy being an atheist and you don't feel the need to change that or add any other religious or philosophical viewpoint to what you think, then don't!

    i think if you are perfectly content with what you believe and you ain't hurting nobody, you ain't got a reason to change that

    Pony on
  • GoatmonGoatmon I'm nodding. Is everyone else nodding?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    "You would have told me about this 'Jesus'" - yeah, because he's not a well known guy!

    Also, how does that letter get written when things are happening? It's like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "The Castle of aaauuuuugh."

    Yeah that's the first thing I thought, about halfway into that video.

    All that pales, however, next to Jack Chick's nonsense.

    Skip to about 2:25

    Goatmon on
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Prototype Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    well, not all religions or philosophies that get lumped in with religion are theistic, after all

    ...

    if you are happy being an atheist and you don't feel the need to change that or add any other religious or philosophical viewpoint to what you think, then don't!

    i think if you are perfectly content with what you believe and you ain't hurting nobody, you ain't got a reason to change that

    I figure I oughta give the non-theistic stuff out there a fair shake, when I have the time and inkling. Not exactly something I can do in a weekend. but, yes! More tubes!

    I totally wanna so this some time... (WARNING: pretty loud, may wanna turn down your volume some):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut1kGmOhzWQ

    Curly_Brace on
    tom_sig2.jpgYKjfRSx.png
  • KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Scientologists actually try to be proactive? That's a new one on me.

    Henroid on
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Prototype Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Did I ever link this video, Street Battle?

    Curly_Brace on
    tom_sig2.jpgYKjfRSx.png
  • KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Scientologists actually try to be proactive? That's a new one on me.

    Anonymous Documentary II - Scientology

    Anonymous Documentary I - Scientology

    Honestly, Scientologists scare the shit out of me. It really does seem like they're a cult
    Only in America :?

    KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Did I ever link this video, Street Battle?

    gaaaaaaaaay

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    wow me, youtube

    Calamity Jane on
  • GoatmonGoatmon I'm nodding. Is everyone else nodding?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh no, the poor Church of Scientology got harassed by Anonymous.

    People sent angry letters, threatening phone calls, etc.

    Who does Anonymous think they are? The Church of Scientology?

    Goatmon on
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Prototype Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Curly_Brace on
    tom_sig2.jpgYKjfRSx.png
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Did I ever link this video, Street Battle?

    gaaaaaaaaay

    That is fucking HIDEOUS

    Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Prototype Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Did I ever link this video, Street Battle?

    gaaaaaaaaay

    That is fucking HIDEOUS

    I... I thought it was kinda cool. :? Of course, Wakfu is 10000x better...

    Curly_Brace on
    tom_sig2.jpgYKjfRSx.png
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Did I ever link this video, Street Battle?

    gaaaaaaaaay

    That is fucking HIDEOUS

    I... I thought it was kinda cool. :? Of course, Wakfu is 10000x better...

    Avatar: The Last Electro Bender

    Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon I'm nodding. Is everyone else nodding?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Did I ever link this video, Street Battle?

    gaaaaaaaaay

    That is fucking HIDEOUS

    I thought it was a little lame, but the animation seemed pretty decent.

    Goatmon on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I really shouldn't give people shit for listening to nightwish and other fairy metal shit when I like Vintersorg

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2HkWh2u2Do

    L|ama on
  • Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Did I ever link this video, Street Battle?

    gaaaaaaaaay

    That is fucking HIDEOUS

    I... I thought it was kinda cool. :? Of course, Wakfu is 10000x better...

    That is the fucking lamest shit I've seen in a minute.

    Dorktron9000 on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Did I ever link this video, Street Battle?

    gaaaaaaaaay

    That is fucking HIDEOUS

    I... I thought it was kinda cool. :? Of course, Wakfu is 10000x better...

    That is the fucking lamest shit I've seen in a minute.

    My friend, there is a lot of worse shit out there

    I got some animation war stories under my belt

    I've seen it all

    Godfather on
    0WBv0.png
  • Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I just find the concept to be absurd. The animation itself was great, but what was that shit about the origins of rap?

    Dorktron9000 on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I just find the concept to be absurd. The animation itself was great, but what was that shit about the origins of rap?

    Sure, that's a fair statement, but let's take a look at a few things

    There's a lot to consider when you're pitching a show to a network


    Target audience, budget costs, programs used, whatever.


    But what pretty much determines whether a network/studio will pick up a show nowadays is the concept. If a concept for a show is strong enough, it's going to determine how much money the company is going to throw into the animation budget. If there's not enough money in the show bank, the studio will usually shave off a couple of positions, some of which are actually extremely important (storyboarding is usually the first sacrificial bunt).


    Usually most animators stick with what's safe and what sells here in the west; superheroes and cartoon shenanigans.

    But if you're able to nail a concept so unique and original, yet familiar at the same time, you're in gold territory. That's where the real money is made, and sometimes the creative team can almost get away with murder on some elements of said show.


    It seems like this creator was going for something along those lines. Personally I think the entire premise is a little bit shaky; some of the ideas in the short show promise, and it looks like he tried to balance it out with some elements that would be a sure selling point (hip hop and avatar similarities), but it seems to have backfired honestly.


    The key to making a successful pitch in this industry is to find the balance in this, because if you don't the network/studio/etc isn't going to pick it up, no matter how well animated it is. I think if this creator/team polished up the core elements to a mirror shine, refined the ideas a bit more and ditched the goofier elements it would have been a much stronger product, but for now it looks a bit ridiculous.


    I've seen some extremely raw animations turn into full-fledged features solely because it was enough to get the point across. The director for Shoot 'Em Up had these garbage animations to sell the film, and by the time he played them all the studio had the contract up and ready for him to sign. This is a rather extreme example, but in the end, whether it's a kids show or a live action movie the basic idea is the exact same.


    Then again, it could have been a simple one-shot premise for kicks, but given its length i'm leaning on the former.


    Not trying to change your mind or anything, just wanted to give you some perspective on what this guy was probably thinking when he made this.

    Godfather on
    0WBv0.png
  • DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    so that 156 song from mew is pretty fucking great

    anyone got anything similar?

    Dadouw on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Check out Snow Brigade by Mew

    The Black Hunter on
    sig-1.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon I'm nodding. Is everyone else nodding?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    a christian furry?
    the mind boggles

    Ha ha ha you have no idea man, no idea.
    Pony wrote: »

    did you ever spend any time studying other religions?

    Eh, I've been vaguely curious about other religions, but yeah anything Judeo-Christian or NRM is right out from the get-go. I'd like to call myself "an atheist for the time being" but mostly I'm just busy with other shit.
    Yeah yeah, I know Rumi... I oughta buy something.

    that's cool, man

    it's good to hear your mind isn't slammed shut on the issue just because of some negative experiences and shit

    happens to too many folk i know, they grow up in say a strict Catholic or Muslim household and grow up and are like "FUCK RELIGION" and it's like

    dude, i understand your parents and the folk at your church were dicks

    but some of us ain't dicks! and i don't think some of us believe hateful, stupid things!

    but i can respect atheists, even if they aren't knowledgeable of other religions or whatever

    the idea that you gotta be an expert on a subject to have an opinion on it is stupid
    Eh, I realize it might be a little too late to comment on this, but I'm an atheist honestly for the same reason most people are religious. Parents didn't practice any religion, most of my friends don't, and, while, sure, I've got that grr grr grr fuckin' fundies so damn crazy thing, it's mostly A) to blend in with my current group, B) I don't feel like I need it in my life, seeing how I've got lots of nice, concrete things around me to rely on, and C) ..don't feel like spending time devoting myself to it.

    Wallhitter on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus GRAND ATTACK!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Centipede Damascus on
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • GoatmonGoatmon I'm nodding. Is everyone else nodding?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    a christian furry?
    the mind boggles

    Ha ha ha you have no idea man, no idea.
    Pony wrote: »

    did you ever spend any time studying other religions?

    Eh, I've been vaguely curious about other religions, but yeah anything Judeo-Christian or NRM is right out from the get-go. I'd like to call myself "an atheist for the time being" but mostly I'm just busy with other shit.
    Yeah yeah, I know Rumi... I oughta buy something.

    that's cool, man

    it's good to hear your mind isn't slammed shut on the issue just because of some negative experiences and shit

    happens to too many folk i know, they grow up in say a strict Catholic or Muslim household and grow up and are like "FUCK RELIGION" and it's like

    dude, i understand your parents and the folk at your church were dicks

    but some of us ain't dicks! and i don't think some of us believe hateful, stupid things!

    but i can respect atheists, even if they aren't knowledgeable of other religions or whatever

    the idea that you gotta be an expert on a subject to have an opinion on it is stupid
    Eh, I realize it might be a little too late to comment on this, but I'm an atheist honestly for the same reason most people are religious. Parents didn't practice any religion, most of my friends don't, and, while, sure, I've got that grr grr grr fuckin' fundies so damn crazy thing, it's mostly A) to blend in with my current group, B) I don't feel like I need it in my life, seeing how I've got lots of nice, concrete things around me to rely on, and C) ..don't feel like spending time devoting myself to it.

    Regarding C. Most religious folks don't devote much time to it in any given day. Most don't go any farther than regular prayer and Church on Sunday, if that.

    It's pretty different from person to person. I personally don't see any point in religious parents pressuring their kids to spend more and more time on this stuff unless they show genuine interest in doing so.

    As spiritually important as it very well may be, it's all but worthless if your kids aren't really interested; Even more so if you try to force it.

    I saw one video of some mom freaking out when her son told her he was an atheist, and one of the first thing she says is 'WELL THEN NO CHRISTMAS PRESENTS, SINCE CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT JESUS'.

    Yeah that's the ticket, Mom; I'm sure God will give two shits about kids who only claim to have faith because you're holding Christmas presents hostage.

    Goatmon on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    wait isn't withholding presents as a HUGE punishment and then saying christmas is all about jesus kind of fuckin illustrating that, no, christmas isn't about fuckin jesus these days?

    Metzger Meister on
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    jesus owns.

    The Far Side on
    33aqfwk.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    jesus is just fine in my book.

    except turning the other cheek. that just gives someone another opportunity to slap the shit out of me.

    Metzger Meister on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Anyone remember this?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P0_v__IOrE

    Oh yeah, memories of the 5th grade

    Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
This discussion has been closed.