As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Library [Chat]

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    James wrote: »
    Are you msmya's ex?

No? Should I be?

Inquisitor on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Good morning, [chat]. And bob.

So my friend bought these world of warcraft cards. And they are built on an intriguing game but I am not sure if I want to buy them too. Mostly because they are wow cards and I have this itch in the back of my mind that is telling me that as soon as the mmo dies, these cards die.

I've skimmed over the entirety of PA and a couple other sites and found nothing resembling any kind of tournament play structure or anything.

Are these cards just some kind of diversion? Should I just stick with magic?

The MMO is unlikely to die at any point in the near future.

Maybe 2020 or something, but no time soon.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Inq, do you perhaps not see how posting a link to a site, WITH THE NAME OF A CITY IN IT, and saying it is local to me would be a...Shall we say...Bad idea?

Also, I'm much more one for things I can do year-round than the rare festival or cultural event.

yalborap on
    edited May 2009
    Good morning, [chat]. And bob.

So my friend bought these world of warcraft cards. And they are built on an intriguing game but I am not sure if I want to buy them too. Mostly because they are wow cards and I have this itch in the back of my mind that is telling me that as soon as the mmo dies, these cards die.

I've skimmed over the entirety of PA and a couple other sites and found nothing resembling any kind of tournament play structure or anything.

Are these cards just some kind of diversion? Should I just stick with magic?

PA has multiple comics about the WoW Card Game.

David Sirlin published an article on it calling it the only card game that comes close to magic.

Inquisitor on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Now that I know Yalborap lives somewhere in that general area I can finally let my clutch of nuclear weapons loose upon him once and for all.

Sarksus on
    edited May 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    Inq, do you perhaps not see how posting a link to a site, WITH THE NAME OF A CITY IN IT, and saying it is local to me would be a...Shall we say...Bad idea?

Also, I'm much more one for things I can do year-round than the rare festival or cultural event.

You only gave me a vague geographical area to work with duder.

Inquisitor on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    Sarksus you don't have to instruct me about the utility of government. I don't identify as a Libertarian. I don't disagree with that element of your post, either. It didn't successfully validate your thesis, though. It seems that you've encountered some shitty Libertarians and in your head they carved out the 'meaning' of the word. Now you need something in your mind to stiffly delineate between them and people like them who aren't jerks. The proper solution there, though, doesn't seem to be commandeering a word and running with it in a direction that has no strength in common usage. I could decide tomorrow that my serial killer friend is not a serial killer because he's actually not as big a jerk as those other guys- but that's still what he is.

Labels are imperfect, but we do (to a point) collectively appoint that imperfect meaning. Your otherwise valid arguments notwithstanding, you can't go 'well, grouping them makes me uncomfortable so I'm going to invent a new meaning'.

Organichu on
  • Delicious Toad!Delicious Toad! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Now that I know Yalborap lives somewhere in that general area I can finally let my clutch of nuclear weapons loose upon him once and for all.
    Don't bother unless you can bombard year-round.

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Not the point.

yalborap on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    yeah! I got a bursary to go to a conference! Huzzah!

wooo!

Spend that money honey!

well, someone to pay for the accommodation and the train will be good.

EDIT: and shite I need to go and get dressed or I'll be late for my doctors appointment. Later [chat].

BobCesca on
    edited May 2009
    yal: extremely paranoid.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited May 2009

Not the point.

http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/cls/1153440304.html

Eh eh?

Inquisitor on
    edited May 2009
    You people bore me.

Inquisitor on
    edited May 2009
    You people bore me.

no u

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited May 2009

no u

Elldren!!!!

You are pretty cool, just so you know.

Inquisitor on
    edited May 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Sarksus you don't have to instruct me about the utility of government. I don't identify as a Libertarian. I don't disagree with that element of your post, either. It didn't successfully validate your thesis, though. It seems that you've encountered some shitty Libertarians and in your head they carved out the 'meaning' of the word. Now you need something in your mind to stiffly delineate between them and people like them who aren't jerks. The proper solution there, though, doesn't seem to be commandeering a word and running with it in a direction that has no strength in common usage. I could decide tomorrow that my serial killer friend is not a serial killer because he's actually not as big a jerk as those other guys- but that's still what he is.

Labels are imperfect, but we do (to a point) collectively appoint that imperfect meaning. Your otherwise valid arguments notwithstanding, you can't go 'well, grouping them makes me uncomfortable so I'm going to invent a new meaning'.

Actually, you're a little right. The reason why I made that distinction is because I wanted a way out of calling you an asshole. I don't have to make any such distinction, though. Simply by identifying with an ideology that is harmful and unworkable such a person has proven themselves to be either ignorant or malicious. In my experience when their views are challenged a libertarian will respond nonsensically or with malice. That is their defining characteristics based upon my experience. Many other people on this board share my disdain for libertarians. Why do you think that is? They've experienced the same thing I have.

So there you go, I've now included everyone who identifies with that ideology and I have thusly labeled them as either ignorant or malicious, and I call them libertarians.

Sarksus on
    edited May 2009
    Should I read all of harry potter over the summer y/n?

Inquisitor on
    edited May 2009
    You people bore me.
    I don't have any fun thoughts tonight, just unhappy ones and no one to share them with! Accordingly I am burying myself in film. I watched Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace, and tried to watch Episode Two afterwards, but I am watching The Prestige instead now.

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
    edited May 2009

no u

Elldren!!!!

You are pretty cool, just so you know.

So are you, but you don't have the same taste in webcomics.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited May 2009
    Hey sarksus

How do you make a custom robo that is good at combo? I need one for a challenge.

Inquisitor on
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Do it.

msmya on
    edited May 2009

So are you, but you don't have the same taste in webcomics.

Which means we must be forever foes.

I am trying to keep up the Gunnerkrigg Court as it comes out but geeze the pacing is so slow when you have to wait till every MWF.

Inquisitor on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

It's only two words long. I have faith in you.

Gim on
    edited May 2009
    msmya wrote: »

Do it.

Is there a deal for buying them all? I hope so.

Inquisitor on
    edited May 2009
    Hey sarksus

How do you make a custom robo that is good at combo? I need one for a challenge.

I can't remember very well how I completed that challenge. I'd recommend using a robo and weapon that are close range and then charging them between attacks. Shoot them to knock them down, charge them, and then shoot them, or something.

Sarksus on
    edited May 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Hey sarksus

I can't remember very well how I completed that challenge. I'd recommend using a robo and weapon that are close range and then charging them between attacks. Shoot them to knock them down, charge them, and then shoot them, or something.

kk

Inquisitor on
    edited May 2009
    Sarksus to answer your question honestly, I think it's because people like to reaffirm their beliefs (people who hate Libertarians). My experiences are vastly different from theirs. Everyone meets different people, I guess.

Organichu on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You people bore me.
    I don't have any fun thoughts tonight, just unhappy ones and no one to share them with! Accordingly I am burying myself in film. I watched Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace, and tried to watch Episode Two afterwards, but I am watching The Prestige instead now.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited May 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Sarksus to answer your question honestly, I think it's because people like to reaffirm their beliefs (people who hate Libertarian). My experiences are vastly different from theirs. Everyone meets different people, I guess.

We'll have to continue this discussion another time, possibly this afternoon. I have to go to bed. I am interested to know what you think constitutes a libertarian, specifically their ideology. I associate libertarians with an ideology that is harmful and unworkable, so regardless of their behaviour (whether they are civil or malicious) I still think they're assholes.

This isn't the definition I started with a half an hour ago, for reasons I mentioned previously, but that's what I actually think and have thought.

Sarksus on
    edited May 2009
    To unprovokedly share my pearl of wisdom though, tonight I came to the realization that my life is too complicated and there's a pretty straight line I can draw from that idea to being happier and more productive. I am looking at all of the different aspects of my life that can't be succinctly stated and how I would reform those aspects such that they can! Also, for the essentially limitless questions that I qualify with, "but I don't know," I need to figure those out. Whether or not I finish my undergrad degree, for instance, is a choice, but it's one I should have a fucking better answer in mind for than "maybe someday for something!"

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
    edited May 2009
    yal: extremely paranoid.

Well of course.

yalborap on
    edited May 2009
    Sarksus this slide gun is so weird, I can't decide between it and the scorpion gun.

Inquisitor on
    edited May 2009
    God I love Trent Reznor.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited May 2009
    Sarksus this slide gun is so weird, I can't decide between it and the scorpion gun.

The Slide Gun is pretty cool but I find it difficult to use when there are obstacles in the way. I generally like using very short range weapons and when I'm not using those I just use the gatling gun.
    God I love Trent Reznor.

Of course. This is as it should be.

Bed, for real now.

Sarksus on
    edited May 2009
    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited May 2009
    Ok Sarksus we'll talk then but until that time TTYL kisses smooches etc.

Organichu on
    edited May 2009
    I don't have anything to do tomorrow in particular but I need to start readjusting my bedtime so turning in by 4AM tonight would be a good goal. 20 minutes is just barely enough time to rest my eyes after burning them out on this LCD for the past like, 14 hours. Plus or minus a few, but basically-that. It was not a great day in terms of moving about!

Night folks.

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I want to watch Moulin Rouge! but I think it might be too late for that.

James on
    edited May 2009
    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    James wrote: »
    I want to watch Moulin Rouge! but I think it might be too late for that.

Well I'll be, it is actually spelled with an exclamation point.

Gim on
This discussion has been closed.