As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - Mutant and Symbiote edition

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Speaking of those two, we need some Emma Frost action. She wasn't in MUA1 was she?

captaink on
  • aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    captaink wrote: »
    Speaking of those two, we need some Emma Frost action. She wasn't in MUA1 was she?

Not that I recall.

If memory serves, Storm and Cyclops were incredibly overpowered in XML1 because leadership stacked, combos were easy to pull off, and the damage scaled to INSANE levels. I recall my "uber" team being Storm, Cyclops, Jean Gray, Colossus. Storm and Colossus provided the leaderships and helped set up combos, Jean Gray was my "main" character for non-boss fights. You could just spam aoe + call ally (for lightning) and clear out *everything*.... and Colossus was the boss killer. Single highest damaging attack in the game + leadership/combo scaling of powers = 5 digit damage. Was silly :(

I actually miss XML2's level system. It was a great deal more complicated and had a bunch of abilities that were completely broken... what's funny is broken in this sense could mean completely overpowered or literally, broken... as in they did nothing at all. But damn if I didn't enjoy it. Having two Xtreme powers to choose from was also quite nice.

aBlank on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah combos in XML1 did retarded damage with storm and cyclops. And they gave a decent amount of XP too. They nerfed that to the ground in the sequel, sadly.

I varied my team a lot in Legends, quite a few good people. I was sad that Colossus was so crappy in MUA, he was great in X-Men.

captaink on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    She sure wasn't.

Edit: Above was for captaink's question about Emma Frost.

@DarkSymphony

Yeah, I agree with you to some extent. I only played it 2 player, with the each of us picking two characters, but it was a pretty good time. And there were some characters that were just flat-out better than others. I really wanted to like Spider-Man, for instance. It got to the point where I was just :(. Spider-Woman more than made up for her male counterpart's deficiencies, though. Her Bio Blast was stupidly awesome .

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    X-Men_Legends_Coverart.png
    3587u5h.jpg

I still have both of my Gamecube copies of the above games.

A fully upgraded Cyclops could wreck shit with his basic Optic blast.

XL2 is one my favorite PSP games simply because of all of the exclusive characters. Cable, Nate Grey (X-Man), Cannonball and Dark Phoenix. I didn't care about Dark Phoenix so much, but there are far too few games that let you play as Cable, Nate or Cannonball.

As far as characters I'd like to see, I've always been fond of Jubilee.

Invisible on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ooh, I wanna play as The Vision. And Hank Pym. Black Widow, too.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You know who would be awesome to have playable?

Stegron.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Yeah but if they include Hank as a player character they've got to include his wife in a night dress as an enemy.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Domestic Violence Combo!

Invisible on
  • Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Although he's got absolutely no role in Civil War that I can think of, I would really love to have the Sentry in the game. Press A to avoid breakdown. Press B to THROW EVERYONE INTO THE SUN

Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

Yeah but if they include Hank as a player character they've got to include his wife in a night dress as an enemy.

I'll post this now to get it out of the way:
    2164123858_fc24402ed5_o.jpg

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Baka_Shade wrote: »
    Although he's got absolutely no role in Civil War that I can think of, I would really love to have the Sentry in the game. Press A to avoid breakdown. Press B to THROW EVERYONE INTO THE SUN

Hay, that sounds like Superman.

Delta Assault on
    edited May 2009
    Macera wrote: »

I'll post this now to get it out of the way:
    2164123858_fc24402ed5_o.jpg

For all the crap Hank Pym gets, he's got nothing on Mr. Fantastic. He's slapped his wife (and son in at least one What if? story) so many time she's lucky she doesn't have brain damage.

whatifv23009.jpg

Invisible on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Something forgotten in the Brand new day explanation:
    Mary Jane made a deal with Mephisto to ensure the Spiderman's identity was hidden but I don't think it has been revealed what that was.

RoyceSraphim on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just want to see what glowy-chested Chamber would look like in-game.

Renzo on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    What the fuck was wrong with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool? He was great.

It was the asshole who plays him at the end of the movie that sucks (and also what they did to Deadpool after the first five minutes of the film).

UnbreakableVow on
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I agree that Sentry would be awesome. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of Blade, Ghostrider, and maybe some of the FF. I mean did anyone other than Thing even throw a punch in Civil War? Get more X-Men and Thunderbolts in there in their place.

Smurph on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I never used Blade, and Moon Knight was a re-skinned Gambit from XML.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I really liked Blade in the last game, I hope he makes a return. Ghost Rider I can take or leave.

Halfmex on
  • aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    wasn't a fan of blade in MUA. He was kinda fun on an all melee-team since his sword could hit multiple enemies but meh... his powers were stupid/lame :[ Ghost Rider was okay but ghost rider without his cycle just seems wasteful. It's like Thor without his hammer.

aBlank on
  • El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    What the fuck was wrong with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool? He was great.

It was the asshole who plays him at the end of the movie that sucks (and also what they did to Deadpool after the first five minutes of the film).

Because everything they did after that first five minutes was soul-crushingly horrible. And I actually did like Ryan Reynolds, but that doesn't mean I want his costume.

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Who has done Deadpool's voice in the past games?

Also:
    Deadpool2.jpg

MagicPrime on
  • El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SmokeScreenSmokeScreen Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Holy shit, Ralph from Reefer Madness does Deadpool's voice? I never noticed that before. Brilliant.

SmokeScreen on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So I'm playing MUA with my good woman, and I was wondering what happens when you get to the end. Can you take your levelled-up characters through a new game, or do you have to start all over again?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited May 2009
    Invisible wrote: »
    Domestic Violence Combo!

This made me burst out laughing.

Also, now that you mention it, screw Hank. Let me play as Janet van Dyne. In a nightie.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    darleysam wrote: »
    So I'm playing MUA with my good woman, and I was wondering what happens when you get to the end. Can you take your levelled-up characters through a new game, or do you have to start all over again?

You can replay any chapter at your leisure I believe.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DeMoN wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »

You can replay any chapter at your leisure I believe.

That's cool, then. Cheers!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'd love to see Norman Osborn. Make one of his costumes a business suit and replace his pumpkin bombs with exploding USB sticks.

BionicPenguin on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I only ask for Nova and Cyclops...give me them, and I don't care who else is in the game. :^:

Oh, and Unbreakable: Ryan Reynolds was horrible as Deadpool, but the movie's handling of him was almost as bad as X3's handling of the Dark Pheonix Saga.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I only ask for Nova and Cyclops...give me them, and I don't care who else is in the game. :^:

Oh, and Unbreakable: Ryan Reynolds was horrible as Deadpool, but the movie's handling of him was almost as bad as X3's handling of the Dark Pheonix Saga.

Except for the part where he wasn't Deadpool yet, he was WONDERFUL as Wade, and Weapon XI/"Deadpool" wasn't even played by Reynolds, it was a stunt guy, so why pin that on Reynolds?

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sorry, I meant to say "Wasn't horrible as Deadpool."

I hated the handling, he was pretty good acting as him in the beginning.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    edited May 2009
    I actually thought Reynolds was pretty spot-on for Deadpool as far as voice/acting/attitude go.

MagicPrime on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ugh Civil War was painful to read. However, this does look awesome because I will be able to punch Iron Man.

They need to make a game based off this:
    Annihilation1.jpg

projectmayhem on
    edited May 2009
    Anyone know if Wolverine's going to be in this?

Delta Assault on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Why wouldn't he be? He's been in all these games since the first Legends.

They could replace him with Daken for laughs though.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Anyone know if Wolverine's going to be in this?

The sun rises in the east and sets in the West, you're born, you pay taxes, you die, and Wolverine will be in every X-Men game ever. I know it's technically a Marvel game, but still.

In fact, I think he's been in every X-Men video game to date.

Renzo on
    edited May 2009
    It just seems a little bit pointless. There's no way he's going to be as awesome as he was in X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged: The Game.

Delta Assault on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    As a joke, they should make a deal with DC and replace him with Lobo.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    He was in WEB OF SHADOWS. SPIDER-MAN: WEB OF SHADOWS. He's in almost every Marvel game ever.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow