As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia ++] The Melancholy of Dubh McStubblylegs

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Matt moves all of his junk from the Majoris to the Redeemed's Captain's quarters, and crosses Get a ship off his mental list.

"Matt I'm hardly interested in starting anything here but in all fairness Ytlkrek and I could really make the best use of the larger bed and private quarters."

"Fine. Keep in mind if it were anyone else, I'd have said no."

Antimatter on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Matt moves all of his junk from the Majoris to the Redeemed's Captain's quarters, and crosses Get a ship off his mental list.

"Matt I'm hardly interested in starting anything here but in all fairness Ytlkrek and I could really make the best use of the larger bed and private quarters."

"Fine. Keep in mind if it were anyone else, I'd have said no."

Speed... really isn't liking Matt's tone, but decides to just let it go for now.

Speed Racer on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Watch, by the time we find them, Speed and Matt will have killed eachother.

Tommy looks down at his feet as he walks off the Savior.

Matt, I swear to god, you're fucking dead

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • sedosedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "So what pre-cisely is our plan of action? Much as I hate to say it, that Japanimated rascal was a fair bit faster pilot than any of us, and they have a head start. I don't, I say, I don't see much hope in chasing them down.

Seems to me we need some of that 'lateral thinking.'"

edit: thanks anti.

YOU GOT MY BACK BRO

sedo on
    edited May 2009
    sedo edit it to Japanime the mods frown on that word

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    "Hey, I'm a decent pilot! I could catch him!"

I better fucking catch him

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Now the captain probably thinks I'm in it with you two." Locth shakes his head. "Well, I'll just have to make sure the Ursa makes it back to him safe and sound. He'll see I wasn't a part of this then."

"Thought you were better than this, honestly. Captain might be a little odd at times, but he keeps his crew safe, runs a tight ship." He sighs. "I suppose I ought to stop you, but... I don't know. Just get out of here. Good luck."

Locth sits in the pilot's chair and uses his Human Adaptibility to set a course back to where he last saw the pillow ship.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Locth the captain is insane, not to mention history's single worst mass-murderer. If you want to go back to him I'm not going to try and stop you but I am going to advise against it. He's willing to sacrifice anything not directly important to him to get what he wants and you might want to consider what that means. If you do meet back up with the crew just make sure to keep yourself safe."

Speed Racer on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    [Aboard the Redeemed]
    The ship is christened with perhaps the single most ironic name in recent history.

[Abaord the Olothikron]
    Another Urson runs up and informs you that the Ursa Majoris has just docked with the Pathway. A single human by the name of Locth D'Out is aboard.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    "That motherfucker! Let's tear him a new asshole!!", Tommy roars.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Locth hails the Olothikron and asks permission to come aboard.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Also, Speed: The ship cost pretty much all of your credits, and the fighter you stole from the Dienederekahn which everyone forgot about.

[Aboard the Ursa Majoris]
    The Olothikron sends Locth a permission code, sealing the docking bay and flooding it with atmosphere.

[Aboard the SECond Savior]
    Thieresai walks back to the bridge of the SECond Savior and kicks her boots up onto the helm. "Well, I think that went as well as could've been expected, eh?"

The SECkov hallucination of the SECommissar nods. "Indeed."

"So, what's next then?" Thieresai says, dropping her boots back to the floor and leaning forward intently. "What is they bidding, my master?"

[Aboard the Tehelikron]
    In a darkened hallway, in an area of the station yet to be re-inhabited, a pile of indigo dust spasms and starts, purple light rippling out across it in flashes and sparks. A tendril rises from the dust, as if something within were trying to pull itself out.

"Chh-zzz-aa-rrrr."

Another tendril extends, and the dust begins to coalesce.

"Ch-ee-ssshhhh-aaaa-rrrr."

The dust hauls itself up onto unsteady, half-formed feet. Two pinpoints of violet light shine out from the center of the dust.

"Cheesshhiiirrreeee."

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    Our Lad Cheshire? haha awesome

Locth boards the Pathway station and finds the captain and crew. "Speed and Matt stole the Ursa, I brought it back. We clear?"

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    OH NO FUCKING WAY

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    "I mean, I can tell you where I left them, if you want to go kill them."

"They left because they thought you were a deranged sociopath, by the way."

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Gary looks a little disappointed that he doesn't get to kill anyone yet.

"Well poo!"

Gary pouts all the way to the ship, even during his discussion with one of the Urson to see about getting a ....worforce, attached to the case.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    "Speed, we all packed? If so, set the Redeemed's course for Decibel's last known location."
    I knew you'd get a kick out of the name DE?AD

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    So about them races...

Speed Racer on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dubh stands outside the bridge, waiting for Locth to exit. A smile is plastered over his face.

DE?AD, did I do anything to the bomb? You know, add a second authorized user or something?

Also, FANTASTIC.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm a little upset that I wasn't online to fuck with Speed and Matt. I WOULD have.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    Dubh, you better not be thinking what I think your thinking.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    [Aboard the Redeemed]
    [11] Speed finds that many of the larger races have been canceled since the Change, but a number of local events are still being held. There is a rally race on Tetteren 7 in a week, which should be enough time for you to get there.

[Aboard the Ursa Majoris]
    [23] Dubh manages to hack into the control column of Thor's Hammer and add a backdoor he can access through his omnitool.

[Aboard the Olothikron]
    Though he is not particularly pleased with Gary's repeated use of air-quotes around "workforce", but he agrees to send a group out to track down Matt Scorp, Speed Racer, and Ytlkrek Splk.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    I'm a little upset that I wasn't online to fuck with Speed and Matt. I WOULD have.

I was disappointed too. Oh well, you'll probably be able to do something silly later.
    "Fine, Speed, you can go to the race with Ytlkrek. After you win, then we should get started on my plan."

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    "Hey Locth, what's up?"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    I would have ripped something important out of Speed's racer and out of Matt's firearms.

For one.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    "You know, just bringing back the Ursa after our helmsman and Chief of Security stole it. Same old stuff."

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Dubh stands outside the bridge, waiting for Locth to exit. A smile is plastered over his face.

DE?AD, did I do anything to the bomb? You know, add a second authorized user or something?

Also, FANTASTIC.

Locth exits the bridge, I guess.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited May 2009
    "Tight. So...are you down with helping kill them?"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009

I was disappointed too. Oh well, you'll probably be able to do something silly later.
    "Fine, Speed, you can go to the race with Ytlkrek. After you win, then we should get started on my plan."

"That sounds like a deal that is a fair deal to me." Speed sets a course for Tetteran 7.

Is the Mach Cycle capable of competing in this sort of race or is Ytlkrek gonna have to sit out?

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    I would have ripped something important out of Speed's racer and out of Matt's firearms.

For one.

I've got guns? I thought Foghorne only gave me a chunk of metal to use as a "sword". Oh well, guess I've got guns.

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    Locth shrugs. "It's what I'm getting paid for."

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Speed: It's a rally race - one car, one driver, one navigator, and a big emphasis on terrain.

DE?AD on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    but speed, you have a perfectly capable racer! why wouldn't you use that?

"Captain, now that we have the ship back, what shall we do? We could probably just keep doing what we were doing without the total fags now that, well, forgive me if I am wrong, but everyone who was insubordinate is gone." She furrows her brow, "As much as I would enjoy causing an explosion in the racer I slaved over for that ungrateful motherfucker, there are anomalies in the universe that we need to take care of."

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    "I say we hunt down Matt and Speed."

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009

"Captain, now that we have the ship back, what shall we do? We could probably just keep doing what we were doing without the total fags now that, well, forgive me if I am wrong, but everyone who was insubordinate is gone." She furrows her brow, "As much as I would enjoy causing an explosion in the racer I slaved over for that ungrateful motherfucker, there are anomalies in the universe that we need to take care of."
    I am using that. I was just saying that we only have one racer but two drivers.

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    Gary decides to let the.....workforce, do their job.

His face immediately lightens,

"Well let's go find some super fun stuff to do!"

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sedosedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "For whatever my say is worth, Captain, I'm with Tommy. For all we know, they might try to do the same to us. They obviously think you're a danger, or they'd not have stranded us in the black"

sedo on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

I am using that. I was just saying that we only have one racer but two drivers.

Well it seats two, at any rate, like De?ad mentioned. Too bad Loeli's the only one who knows the turbo engine is powered with skorokov! It is unlikely that she'll get the chance to kill you but...

Ugh, also if this gay feud keeps going much longer I'd like to bail and come back afterwards. I dunno. It's just kinda gay. As a player I just don't enjoy the prospect of 'let's hunt down and kill each other'. I'd rather lose Loeli than deal with the bullshit that is sure to come between players once they kill eachother. Seriously it's going to be the worst sort of meta gaming and ooc bs that I really don't wanna bother.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    So what is the crew of the Ursa Majoris doing, then?

I kinda agree with Loeli about the whole feud thing. I tried to give Matt a whole excuse for stayin' with the crew and cooperatin' an' all, but nooOOoooo.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    The player vs. player crap is stupid. The more I think about it, the more I realize that Dubh would've attacked Matt and Speed because they would have abandoned him, too, if he wasn't on the ship.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

This discussion has been closed.