As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Phalla King - Day 5 - (Mafia) McPhalla Victory

• Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    PEOPLE

poutine.jpg

Served at your nearest Burger King anywhere in Quebec. Worth the heart attack.

Dac Vin on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The BK poutine isn't great but it's nice for fast food.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Double Doubles are the best burgers, only eclipsed by the occasional triple-triple.

Thank you!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    The BK poutine isn't great but it's nice for fast food.

Yep, but it still beats normal plain fries most of the time. I'd sings more praise about the excellend kind of poutine, but that's reserved for PhallHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhnnnnnnngggggg-

Dac Vin on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Most fast food places have timers nowadays to track orders. I used to work at a fast food restaurant and we weren't supposed to let an order go over 6mins (we tried to shoot for 4 max). Though I have seen orders go over 15+ mins D:

They gave you guys six minutes? The McDonalds I used to work at started to flip if the average time whent over three.

Yeah, everything was cooked to order. I don't think McDonalds does that?

Only if you make some special and/or obnoxious order. Even then we'd spit in it if you were lucky.

Also, Wendy's is obviously the greatest fast food restaurant. Infidels.

Yeah, I worked at a Whataburger. I don't eat at McDonalds because of stories I've heard from a friend that worked there.

crimsoncoyote on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    PEOPLE
    poutine.jpg

What is this, and where can I get one that isn't Canada.

EDIT: Also, guess I should clarify this: Is that in fact mashed potatoes n gravy ON TOP of fries?

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I stopped eating fast food a while ago

Then I had some while working a clinical and desperate for sustenance. It made me nauseated. I never realized how bad it was. I can only stand french fries now.

I am so glad I will never need to work a McJob ever again.

Doxa on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Doxa wrote: »

Then I had some while working a clinical and desperate for sustenance. It made me nauseated. I never realized how bad it was. I can only stand french fries now.

Yeah, my uncle claims that he has fast food every once in a while just so his body doesn't forget how to process it in case he's out of town on business and that's the only option available to him.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Still room in this?

Very well, I'd like to apply for a job.

Fucking economy...

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    edited May 2009
    TehSloth wrote: »
    PEOPLE
    poutine.jpg

EDIT: Also, guess I should clarify this: Is that in fact mashed potatoes n gravy ON TOP of fries?

No, the "mashed potatoes" is cheese.

Dac Vin on
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    !Sign up. This sounds like it could be entertaining.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ppffttt

double double is a coffee from Timmys. Large Double Double please!

!signup

lonelyahava on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Awesome looks like only 2 spots left, I feel like it's realistic for it to fill up before 11 PM now. If it does, Opening narration and Role Pms will be out at 11 PM tonight and Day 1 will end tomorrow at 11 PM EST

Orange Soda on
    edited May 2009
    PEOPLE
    poutine.jpg

I've heard about this for a while. I want some. I wish I knew about it when I went to Quebec years ago (stopped in a BK then too, I think).

crimsoncoyote on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Doxa wrote: »

I find chicken nuggets and fries tolerable. Burgers at most fast food places, though, blech. If I have to, I usually try to go for the fish sandwhich du jour.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    PEOPLE
    poutine.jpg

I've heard about this for a while. I want some. I wish I knew about it when I went to Quebec years ago (stopped in a BK then too, I think).

Poutine is indeed awesome. The cheese is in fact cheese curds, placed on the fries and then drizzled with gravy such that the curds melt.

If you're in Quebec, though, why on earth would you go to a fast food joint to get poutine when chip wagons in the province are generally the best source of awesome poutine found anywhere in the world? :o

El Skid on
    edited May 2009
    El Skid wrote: »
    PEOPLE
    poutine.jpg

Poutine is indeed awesome. The cheese is in fact cheese curds, placed on the fries and then drizzled with gravy such that the curds melt.

If you're in Quebec, though, why on earth would you go to a fast food joint to get poutine when chip wagons in the province are generally the best source of awesome poutine found anywhere in the world? :o

I dunno if I approve of this cheese curds business. Mashed potatoes would be totally better IMO. Either way, no trips to the great white north planned in the near future, so I guess I'll just be missing out.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited May 2009
    El Skid wrote: »
    PEOPLE
    poutine.jpg

I dunno if I approve of this cheese curds business. Mashed potatoes would be totally better IMO. Either way, no trips to the great white north planned in the near future, so I guess I'll just be missing out.

I don't get the hate on curds. They're pretty awesome. Also, I was like 13 or so when I went to Quebec. I didn't even know what poutine was then.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i feel like there is some fate going on here as spectrum is player 19....

Dunadan019 on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Poutine is awesome, I am Canadian and I will die from multiple coronaries, but I will die a happy man with gravy stains on my shirt.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    edited May 2009
    in order to start off the game (and because roll PMs haven't gone out yet) i will go with Dunadan019 since i am most likely evil.

Dunadan019 on
    edited May 2009
    Well tell a friend to come play and roll pm's will go out! We only need 1 more. Go go!

Orange Soda on
  • WhodWhod Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    !Sign up

Whod on
    Co-lead, Hello Kitty Pretty Princess Guild
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Woooooooo!

jackisreal on
  • MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Heck yeah, lets do this!!

Maximus on
  • SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    PARTY ON! EXCELLENT!

SpectralSpork on
    edited May 2009
    K role pms incoming

Orange Soda on
    edited May 2009
    oh god i can't wait, its the first day of my new job! oh i cant wait to see new face and befriend new friends, serve all new customers and maybe see some familiar faces!

Dac Vin on
    edited May 2009
    Epic Reveal
    ronald_mcdonald_jumping1.jpg

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2009
    oh god i can't wait, its the first day of my new job! oh i cant wait to see new face and befriend new friends, serve all new customers and maybe see some familiar faces!

Noob. :P

SpectralSpork on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I can't wait! It's the first day of my new job!

I get to stick Rotten Ronny's head into the deepfryer! :D

El Skid on
    edited May 2009

Noob. :P

Don't dis my burgerflip technique, McTzu.

Dac Vin on
    edited May 2009
    Day 0 - Open for Business

jb3cht.jpg

The Manager was excited, because it seemed the doors to Phalla King would be open without incident. The contractors hired to build the establishment had been paid for, a full stack of applications had been filled out, and the Manager was feeling good. The preceding night he had stayed late to work out all the details for this momentous occasion.

"Red tape......check
    Giant scissors......check
    Hot show girls.......check"

There was no way today could go wrong. His meticulous selection of employees and his experience with Phalla King could not fail him. He went back down the list in his head, imaging all their faces, one by one. All of them seemed so eager to prove themselves and they all seemed like perfect employees. He would find out soon enough who would make the cut!

The soda fountain was full, the grills fired up and ready, and the drive-thru intercom's were running smoothly. He had personally overseen the unloading of the food truck yesterday. Everything was packed safely and efficiently in the walk in freezer. Everything seemed perfect.

With one final look around, the Manager stepped outside and amongst the cheering of the local population of Phallaville and the newly hired employees, placed the scissors over the red tape, and pressed the blades down ceremoniously.

The doors to Phalla King were now open.

Vote for someone to be let go in bold red. Vote ends at 11:00 PM EST on Sunday, May 10. Actions up until 10:59 PM EST will be counted.

Pm all proboard links, don't talk to dead people, and don't share role pms.

Also since Phalla King is all about having it your way, each employee is allowed to make one free burger for themselves each day. PM your burger and what toppings you would like on it to me in bold magenta

Clarifications should be asked in bold orange

Orange Soda on
    edited May 2009
    DAMMIT INFIDEL THATS MY MOVE!!!!

do you want fries with that?

Dunadan019 on
    edited May 2009
    All role pms should be out, PM if you didn't get yours. Game on!

Orange Soda on
    edited May 2009
    I don't trust this burger mechanic.

SpectralSpork on
    edited May 2009
    This burger mechanic is :^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2009
    Where's the Sunkist when you need it?

Oh wait...

crimsoncoyote on
    edited May 2009
    Where's the Sunkist when you need it?

Oh wait...

Orange drink is the work of the devil aka McPhalla.

!crimsoncoyote

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png