As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Tournament On] Blood Bowl

• psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    personally i'm a bit miffed both reports missed my favourite 'nuffle loves the insane' moment of the game. During the dwarf march to the Skaven end zone. A compltely unsupported gutter runner decies to blitz the ball carrier in a dwarf cage.

Passing through a 6, 5 and two difficulty 4 tackle zones the gutter runner made it to the ball carrier and made a three die red block against him. Resulting in two arrows and a double knockdown, the dwarves selected the arrow and after that the gutter runner manage to dodge his way back out past all the tackle zones again completely unscathed.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Trevs, i'm couchsurfing across the eastern seaboard until sunday morning PST. what time zone are you in again?

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • MadnessBAMadnessBA Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    personally i'm a bit miffed both reports missed my favourite 'nuffle loves the insane' moment of the game. During the dwarf march to the Skaven end zone. A compltely unsupported gutter runner decies to blitz the ball carrier in a dwarf cage.

Passing through a 6, 5 and two difficulty 4 tackle zones the gutter runner made it to the ball carrier and made a three die red block against him. Resulting in two arrows and a double knockdown, the dwarves selected the arrow and after that the gutter runner manage to dodge his way back out past all the tackle zones again completely unscathed.

yeah that was also completely retarded. I swear those gutter runners could not fail on any dodge ever!

MadnessBA on
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sorry I've had such spastic attendance guys, the few weeks before drum corps season get turned into a time sink of doom.

Sceptre on
  • Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sceptre wrote: »
    Sorry I've had such spastic attendance guys, the few weeks before drum corps season get turned into a time sink of doom.

We've thoroughly missed you. Also, FUMBBL just went completely down for like five minutes.

Trevor Goodchild on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Just a heads up, Sceptre. I'm not going to be able to play tonight, something's come up. Tomorrow I have plans, so it looks like Friday's the day for our epic struggle between fungus and dead people.

Kay2 on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So I lost a good third of my team when I played Nion. One Norse blitzer dead, my thrower and a lineman out with injuries. The MVP was given to the guy with an injury. And Nion managed to score 4 touchdowns with the same rat, who then got mvp. Worst luck ever.

Dark_Side on
  • NionNion Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    So I lost a good third of my team when I played Nion. One Norse blitzer dead, my thrower and a lineman out with injuries. The MVP was given to the guy with an injury. And Nion managed to score 4 touchdowns with the same rat, who then got mvp. Worst luck ever.

And the Gutter Runner with the 4 TDs and an MVP got two skills, +MA and Very Long Legs, making him able to score in one turn.

Nion on
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Nion wrote: »
    Dark_Side wrote: »

And the Gutter Runner with the 4 TDs and an MVP got two skills, +MA and Very Long Legs, making him able to score in one turn.

This rat must die!

jackisreal on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Penny Ante Cup Match Report, RND.1 Jellied Brains (Undead, me) vs. Coffee Cream (Norse, Jack)

He Killed My Ghoul!

The Undead were wary of facing the norsemen as they had not seen their like before. They were not wary enough. All that Block skill floating about the place, some bad rolls and some bad decisions lead to a pretty convincing Norse victory. Simple ploughing up the pitch tactics managing to score three touchdowns to my mere one as I often managed to turnover through failed blocking before I'd moved the ball out of danger.

No lasting injuries to Coffee Cream. He Killed My Ghoul!

Final Score: 3 - 1

He Killed My Ghoul!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited May 2009
    Penny Ante Cup Match Report, RND.1 Jellied Brains (Undead, me) vs. Coffee Cream (Norse, Jack)

He Killed My Ghoul!

The Undead were wary of facing the norsemen as they had not seen their like before. They were not wary enough. All that Block skill floating about the place, some bad rolls and some bad decisions lead to a pretty convincing Norse victory. Simple ploughing up the pitch tactics managing to score three touchdowns to my mere one as I often managed to turnover through failed blocking before I'd moved the ball out of danger.

No lasting injuries to Coffee Cream. He Killed My Ghoul!

Final Score: 3 - 1

He Killed My Ghoul!

It was 4-1 :P

I got lucky with a handoff and some dodges near the end. The mummies did a good job, but they couldn't be everywhere at once, and once the ghoul was taken out he just didn't have the speed to react to the holes I could create with my blocking. Some unlucky turnovers sealed his fate :(

jackisreal on
    edited May 2009
    Tournament questions:

- Who chooses the pairings? Is it automatic or human driven?

- How many rounds are we going?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • NionNion Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Penny Ante MATCH REPORT, Rnd 1, Za'Nari Plaguebringers (Nion, Skaven) v Vic's Vikes (nulfis, Norse)

Because of some trouble with my internet connection, we had to reload the game, meaning the replay on fumbbl only shows the last couple of turns, meaning I'm doing this report mostly from memory.

1st Half
    The fact that nuffle favored the rats in this game was evident from the start. The first three blocks againt the norse broke armor, and I managed a turn 2 touchdown with no major complications. The last four or so turns consisted mostly of a stalemate with the norse standing around the ball not moving and the rats standing around the norse, equaly immobile.

2nd Half
    The norse continued with their exciting day of falling down whenever they tried to move, failing to hurt any rats, and being extra squishy. The rats kept scoring.

Result : 4-0 - Win for the Za'Nari Plaguebringers

One game into the tournament, and I have a one-turner. I smell fouls in my immediate future.

Nion on
    edited May 2009
    Tournament questions:

- Who chooses the pairings? Is it automatic or human driven?

- How many rounds are we going?

1- Yes the pairings are automatic

2- We'll be playing for 5 rounds, depending on how into it people are getting the top 8 teams will then go on to a knock out semi finals.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    :^: Still plenty of chance for recovery then.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • tgbobtgbob Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Penny Ante MATCH REPORT, Rnd 1, Hobbiton Cherry Boys (tgbob, halfings) vs Wutz Bloodbowl (troublebrewin, Orc)

First Half
    Hobbiton Cherry Boys recieve the ball, spends most of the first half failing at a proper throw team mate touchdown. Wutz Bloodbowl grabs the ball and scores a touchdown on turn 6. No halfings dead or injured.
    Due to a good kick, Hobbiton Cherry Boys spend the rest of the first half with their thumbs up their ass. Three orcs are taken out for the rest of the game due being sissy elves and ablooblooblooing about their boo-boos.

Second Half
    Hobbiton Cherry Boys kick and Wutz Bloodbowl receives. Due to superb halfing maneuvering and tactical skills that would make Sun Tzu cry like a little girl, the Hobbiton Cherry Boys jack the ball like stealing candy from a baby. With downs syndrome. Halfings score on turn 8. With zero casualties save for a single niggled player.

Result : 1-1 - TIE GAME, but really ends in a win for the Hobbiton Cherry Boys.

tgbob on
  • ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ties should count as wins for halflings.

What do I need to click on in the interface for throw teammate? I blame that, and not my inept stuny strategy, as the reason for the Chefs' shocking 2-1 loss.

Paradiso on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    psyco, you really should specify that this is about fumbbl somewhere in the OP/Title.

Cynic Jester on
  • tgbobtgbob Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Paradiso wrote: »
    Ties should count as wins for halflings.

What do I need to click on in the interface for throw teammate? I blame that, and not my inept stuny strategy, as the reason for the Chefs' shocking 2-1 loss.

Select the tree and click the skill in the tab.

Edit: Sorry about that norse vs skaven game Triskel, my internet decided to die.

tgbob on
  • LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Penny Ante MATCH REPORT, Rnd 1, Itkovian's Legacy (LightReaper, Norse) vs Penny Heroes(spock, Necromantic)

First Half
    Fail

Second Half
    Fail

Result: OKAY FINE GEEZ

First Half
    The match was a fairly standard start, Norse receive the kickoff and start to make headway down the field, around turn 3 things started getting messy. A dodging Wight eats the turf and sustains a serious injury, however he manages to regenerate the limb damage in time for the next play. What proceeds has got to be the biggest pile of bad dice rolls in the history of both coach's careers. Highlights include: a Zombie manages to badly hurt himself knocking over my Minotaur, who then proceeds to 3d block another player and get triple skulls, immediately knocking himself out. Bad dice rolls and good play by spock results in him grabbing the ball around turn 5, and immediately passes it down field despite the poor weather (Blizzard). The Norse immediately counterattack and reclaim the ball, before losing possession the next turn... then regaining possession the turn after, then faceplanting on a gfi roll on the goal line, just before the half finished. Half at this point has become a clusterfuck, with the first block thrown of every turn inevitably landing on skulls, double skulls and rerolled skulls.

Second Half
    The Undead receive the kickoff, and proceed to push the Norse's shit in during the early going, stunning almost half the team as the Minotaur sits out in the KO box nursing a stubbed toe. Frenzied attempts to stop the werewolf and ghoul combo ensue but the norse are unable to stop a miraculous (considering the circumstances) quick pass from the ghoul to werewolf, who sprints down to mere inches from the touchdown line in a single turn. After successfully scoring the status quo is resumed, with feeble attempts at play which fall short because of bad dice rolls. In the last turn of the game, the Norse apparently realize what the fuck they were here for and proceed to kill the ghoul, and seriously injure the werewolf (niggling it). This puts an extreme damper on spock's longterm plans for the tourney, losing two key players for his next match.

Final Result: 0 - 1, spock wins. LightReaper claims the moral victory, saving face with some stupendous blocks after an absolutely hideous showing for the entire game.

LightReaper on
    edited May 2009
    Have we had a swap out from Veevee then? Just half a match to go and we're on to rund two!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So, My human team Admiral Nelsons nasties took on Da momma's boyz. The humans put up a scrappy fight in the first half and managed to only give up 1 td ..to see their dreams of a come back shatterd with a quick succession of Ko's and of course the obligitory Blood pool that was a lineman. Over all the dice hated me and im lucky to only lose by 2.

\Next up vicks vikes.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited May 2009
    Which won't be able to cause any trouble at all since a good third of vic's vices were injured or died last game.

Dark_Side on
  • ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Norsemen versus halflings?

*gulp*

Paradiso on
    edited May 2009
    yeah, im interested to see how the next game goes, im not the best player so that might even out with him being down to 9 men.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited May 2009
    For those of you with minuscule attention spans who haven't been checking out the IRC and the fumbbl group page, the first round of the tournament is (finally) finished and we're getting started on the second.

Personally i'm really not looking forward to my next match, chaos dwarfs vs dwarfs and one of mine is out for the match. This is going to be brutal and slow.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Draeven wrote: »
    So, My human team Admiral Nelsons nasties took on Da momma's boyz. The humans put up a scrappy fight in the first half and managed to only give up 1 td ..to see their dreams of a come back shatterd with a quick succession of Ko's and of course the obligitory Blood pool that was a lineman. Over all the dice hated me and im lucky to only lose by 2.

\Next up vicks vikes.

And you killed my Blitzer!

Kay2 on
  • MadnessBAMadnessBA Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    For those of you with minuscule attention spans who haven't been checking out the IRC and the fumbbl group page, the first round of the tournament is (finally) finished and we're getting started on the second.

Personally i'm really not looking forward to my next match, chaos dwarfs vs dwarfs and one of mine is out for the match. This is going to be brutal and slow.

I plan on taking out your hobgoblins very painfully.

(this is Triskel)

MadnessBA on
    edited May 2009
    Your blitzer deserved to die if he ran into a av8 human lineman ;d

Draeven on

edited May 2009
    Draeven wrote: »
    Your blitzer deserved to die if he ran into a av8 human lineman ;d

I was cleaning up with some 1D blocks, and figured that a guy with Block and AV9 versus a guy without Block and AV8, while I had a reroll, was a pretty safe bet. AND THEN HE DIED.

I did like it when my Black Orc pulled said Lineman's head off and ate it in the second half, though.

Kay2 on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hmm, when exactly did the second round start? (like how long do I have to do my match?)

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited May 2009
    it started yesterday technicly. Just try and log in in the next coule days looking for your opponent, or pm him here and line up a day to play. I dont think anyones got a game in eyt.

Draeven on

edited May 2009
    Man, why do I have to fight the insane 1-turn-TD Skaven team!

jackisreal on
    edited May 2009
    You can thank me for that, my shitty playing combined with a few bad dice rolls combined to make a td scoring mvp out of that rat.

Dark_Side on
  • LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey Nion!

ABLOO ABLOO ABLOO :|

LightReaper on
    edited May 2009
    Hey Nion!

the key to retaining players: flaming them.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    kaliyama wrote: »
    Hey Nion!

Well if he's already quit because he lost one game flaming him really isn't going to do any more harm

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    edited May 2009
    Hey Nion!

Well if he's already quit because he lost one game flaming him really isn't going to do any more harm

Well, it pushed me to going. Not the kind of atmo i look for in a playerbase.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey Nion!

I think you'd have to look long and hard to find a playerbase where at least one person won't flame someone for quitting a tourney they committed to early and screwing everyone else in the tourney

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    edited May 2009
    Hey Nion!

I think you'd have to look long and hard to find a playerbase where at least one person won't flame someone for quitting a tourney they committed to early and screwing everyone else in the tourney

It would surprise me if a) the league admin can't force a concession, or b) nion would be unwilling to hop on and concede once a week.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1