As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LOST: Season 5 Aftermath [prepare to be skullfucked by SPOILERS]

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Can_Calyx wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »
    So Smokey also told Richard to tell Locke that he needed to die.

What a fucking asshole.

Yeah... we lost Locke and Juliet tonight maybe.

Heres hoping juliet gets taken where the rest of them do.

We also lost Sayid.

I don't know how I felt about this finale. I can't help but think it was the worst of the bunch.

It feels odd we meet jacob only for him to die. And not even "maybe its a flesh wound... Oh crap he's on fire"

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    There's 2 sides. I don't think it's "Good vs Evil", it's more like "Fate vs Free Will". Jacob is Free Will, the guy talking about how all of human actions are progress, the guy who tells Ben he has a "choice" but doesn't try to influence it. ZombieLocke is Smokey is Fate, the guy who talks about how humans are all just destined to fuck themselves up. Both are responsible for course correction on the island. Fate aka Smokey is a dick and just eats people to do it, Jacob aka Free Will goes around helping people in the past and gently steering their lives while still giving them free choice. Now why does Fate want to kill Free Will?
    LOST!

My 2 cents anyway.

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I quite liked this episode, and I'm pretty convinced that Jacob is the smoke monster now.

Shit's 'bout to get real! In 2010. :(

oldmanken on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    kingmeh123 wrote: »
    So when Jacob meets Sayid (when Nadia gets hit by the car), this is after the Oceanic 6 have left the island already, correct? Jacob seems to be doing just fine then, even though this is later than when he was in the cabin, asking Locke for help... sorry, I'm just trying to piece all this Jacob stuff out, but what exactly was he asking Locke for help regarding?

I'm pretty sure it was the other guy in the cabin

I don't understand why Jacob was out gathering everyone though. Guess we'll find that out next year.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    sayid isn't dead yet that I saw. pretty quickly it seemed to me if he was going to die he would have just been shot to death rather than holding on. it's not like he had a specific reason to live a few more minutes, unlike juliet who lived to blow the bomb.

juliet I got the impression would die from the fall, just the way she looked when they showed her.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So Same time next year? last one out of the thread hit the lights?

:)

Cognisseur wrote: »
    There's 2 sides. I don't think it's "Good vs Evil", it's more like "Fate vs Free Will". Jacob is Free Will, the guy talking about how all of human actions are progress, the guy who tells Ben he has a "choice" but doesn't try to influence it. ZombieLocke is Smokey is Fate, the guy who talks about how humans are all just destined to fuck themselves up. Both are responsible for course correction on the island. Fate aka Smokey is a dick and just eats people to do it, Jacob aka Free Will goes around helping people in the past and gently steering their lives while still giving them free choice. Now why does Fate want to kill Free Will?
    LOST!

My 2 cents anyway.

I like it. Fate won when Jacob was stabbed; BUT free will won when julliet PUMMELED a bomb into exploding.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm really not getting the jacob as smoke monster thing.

Variable on
  • Options
    InHumanInHuman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think im missing something.

If it's the STATUE and not the CABIN that houses Jacob, then wouldn't Ben or Richard have said something, or do they not know there's two people?

InHuman on
  • Options
    Ain SophAin Soph Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    What sucks, is I was really liking new Locke. Adams is a dirty bastard.

Ain Soph on
    :whistle:
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ... sorry, I'm just trying to piece all this Jacob stuff out, but what exactly was he asking Locke for help regarding?

Jacob wasn't in the cabin, it's not his cabin. The Other Guy in the beginning has been in there, and he asked Locke to help him kill Jacob.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    I'm really not getting the jacob as smoke monster thing.

Jacob gets stabbed, not quite dead, pushed into the fire, and burns. Smoke monster.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Ain Soph wrote: »
    What sucks, is I was really liking new Locke. Adams is a dirty bastard.

Where did the adams name come from? did jacob call him that?

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    InHuman wrote: »

If it's the STATUE and not the CABIN that houses Jacob, then wouldn't Ben or Richard have said something, or do they not know there's two people?

I'm betting they don't know. Richard seemed surprised when he saw Locke's body. And wasn't it him that said "If that's Locke, then who's inside?"

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, I just realized this one maybe thing.
    Bad guy(guy opposed to Jakob) pretends he's locke so he can tell Richard to tell locke that he has to die, therefore ensuring Locke will die, so bad guy can pretend to be Locke and convince Ben to kill Jakob. This makes sense as the loophole might be that bad guy cannot directly kill Jakob so he had to come up with a plan to have someone else kill him.

Also, is Jacob dead, or did the A-bomb just reset or change everything?

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Okay. Theory time.

Otherdude was living in the cabin. He tried to kill Jacob a couple times, I bet, and Jacob did some hocus pocus shit to lock him in there, hence the ring. The "help me", to Locke, was from otherdude. He was recruiting Locke to live vicariously through him, so that otherdude might get another stab at Jacob. And if Walt is Abaddon, getting people to the places they need to be, Walt visiting Locke in the Purge Pit was just furthering Locke along in his subconscious quest to kill Jacob.

The big reason is why. Everything else is just the pieces that go into it. You don't need the individual pieces if you have the box. You already know what the puzzle looks like.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Ben is a pawn. The first time he ever met Jacob was when he killed him. Richard obviously is Jacob's right hand man, and would keep his real location a secret.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So does richard know about otherJacob?

I'm assuming now that the answer is.. mabey..

InHuman on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Okay. Theory time.

Otherdude was living in the cabin. He tried to kill Jacob a couple times, I bet, and Jacob did some hocus pocus shit to lock him in there, hence the ring. The "help me", to Locke, was from otherdude. He was recruiting Locke to live vicariously through him, so that otherdude might get another stab at Jacob. And if Walt is Abaddon, getting people to the places they need to be, Walt visiting Locke in the Purge Pit was just furthering Locke along in his subconscious quest to kill Jacob.

The big reason is why. Everything else is just the pieces that go into it. You don't need the individual pieces if you have the box. You already know what the puzzle looks like.

I was thinking otherdude was stuck in the bottom of the pocket, the little rock cavern holding back the energy. Jacob and otherdude clearly aren't human.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Didn't see this thread until now.

Was having cable problems earlier today, so I actually went to my dad's house to see the entire finale.

This is going to be a long wait, can we keep the threads going?

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sweet glorious hope for juliet!

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2009/05/episode-5x15-older-juliet-in-2007.html

In 'follow the leader' Juilet appers way older in the background. Like 30 years older.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    emnmnme wrote: »

I was thinking otherdude was stuck in the bottom of the pocket, the little rock cavern holding back the energy. Jacob and otherdude clearly aren't human.

That makes no sense.

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2009/05/episode-5x15-older-juliet-in-2007.html

In 'follow the leader' Juilet appers way older in the background. Like 30 years older.

In cases such as this facial recognition is not reliable.

We need a boob test.

InHuman on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

This makes a lot of sense when compared to a few theories going around, regarding an older someone else.

I really hope they bring her back, I am not one of the 'shippers' but I really did like Sawyer/Juliet a lot, and I really think she is one of the more talented actresses on the show.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Saiga wrote: »

Possible spoiler?
    This makes a lot of sense when compared to a few theories going around, regarding an older someone else.

I really hope they bring her back, I am not one of the 'shippers' but I really did like Sawyer/Juliet a lot, and I really think she is one of the more talented actresses on the show.

There are no spoilers here

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Jacob being the Smoke Monster makes absolutely no sense.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Narian wrote: »
    Jacob being the Smoke Monster makes absolutely no sense.

agreed.

so jacob turns into smokey and goes back in time?

Variable on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Well sorry about that chief, I'll remove the tag.

Anyways, hopefully SDCC will be great this year for Lost, seeing as it will be the last major panel before the final season (if you don't count NYCC).

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Saiga wrote: »
    Well sorry about that chief, I'll remove the tag.

Anyways, hopefully SDCC will be great this year for Lost, seeing as it will be the last major panel before the final season (if you don't count NYCC).

That was a very sawyer thing you said there. No worries...

Who were you refering to being older on the island?

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    click the link mojo.

InHuman on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Some guy on another site (name is lost to me at the moment) said something about the possibility of seeing some of the '77 Losties with make up to look older, he might of just been one of the crazy theorist yahoos though, there has been a lot of that going on.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    click the link mojo.

He was refering to other folks.

How odd would it be if somehow they are all on the island 30 years older or something like that?

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So when Jacob meets Sayid (when Nadia gets hit by the car), this is after the Oceanic 6 have left the island already, correct? Jacob seems to be doing just fine then, even though this is later than when he was in the cabin, asking Locke for help... sorry, I'm just trying to piece all this Jacob stuff out, but what exactly was he asking Locke for help regarding?

That wasn't Jacob in the cabin. Smokey has been playing Ben and Locke (and Richard maybe?) for a looooong time in order to orchestrate the chain of events that resulted in Ben killing Jacob. I'm getting this from when Undead Locke says something to the effect of, "You have no idea what I went through to get here."

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Cognisseur wrote: »
    LOST!

My 2 cents anyway.

I like this theory a lot. Actually it makes a lot of sense.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    If the Crash/Future losties DID grow older on the island and saw themselves crash they dosn't that support the "you can't change the future theory"*... also, wouldn't richard notice.

Or probably not right? He's a tool.

*they don't try and help their past selves along.

InHuman on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    If the Crash/Future losties DID grow older on the island and saw themselves crash they dosn't that support the "you can't change the future theory"... also, wouldn't richard notice.

Or probably not right? He's a tool.

Right? Im kinda disappointed in how richard turned out :p

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Me too. I expected there to be something huge and important about Richard and how he's one of the key players in all of this. Nope, turns out he's just kinda there and doesn't do a whole lot except be Jacob's bitch.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I like how conveniently they kill of the two major answer storage containment units within three episodes of each other.

Dan, after trawling through endless amounts of research and experiments, (or going completely crazy), gets back to the island and is dead within four hours.

We see Jacob for the first time, in the present, ready and willing* to discuss things, and then he gets stabbed several times and hurled into a fire.

*lol Ben

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    Ain SophAin Soph Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm pretty convinced at this point that either Adams is smokey, or they are working together.

We know smokey can only take on the form of dead people, and Locke is dead. The loophole involves Adam's having to convince someone to kill jacob because he can't.

Ain Soph on
    :whistle:
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    We don't know that smokey can take the forms of dead people at all

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Me too. I expected there to be something huge and important about Richard and how he's one of the key players in all of this. Nope, turns out he's just kinda there and doesn't do a whole lot except be Jacob's bitch.

I;ll admit, he's a sexy man when he's all mysterious and immortal and wise and wearing well tailored dress shirts.

But now.

Now.

:(

InHuman on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    SirUltimos wrote:

I;ll admit, he's a sexy man when he's all mysterious and immortal and wise and wearing well tailored dress shirts.

But now.

Now.

:(
    We don't know that smokey can take the forms of dead people at all

Yes we do.

It took over the french chicks crewmates and husband.

REmember?

InHuman on
This discussion has been closed.