As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Little Things

1234568»

• Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    You know what I miss

When Monsterfest on AMC didn't suck balls

You just got all kinds of weird-ass movies you never even heard of

The best one was something about Pinata Island and these kids being chased by a demonic pinata

Me Too! on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey I remember that

There's a special place in my heart for that old sci-fi movie about the giant killer ticks that had Clint Howard in it.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Seriously I watched so many weird horror movies when that shit was still good

Now I have to resort to the FearNet site since Time Warner took them off the OnDemand channel

Me Too! on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    sandra bernhardt used to do weird movies on usa too, I think

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, she did Up All Night before Gottfried I think. (Maybe not... I just wikied it and it says no. But I remember her doing something like that.)

The guy from i-mockery.com is doing a Friday night webcast that shows some of those same movies now with a running commentary. So far it isn't great, but it is cool to see somebody trying to take late night TV that I used to enjoy and doing something newish with it like a webcast.

GRMike on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    the best Torgo bit wasn't even from the Manos episode.

It was from the episode where TV's Frank died, and Torgo the White came to take him to 2nd Banana heaven.

I know I've seen that episode, but I don't remember any details. Which movie was it? I DO remember when Dr. Forrester hired Torgo to replace Frank, which was also awesome, but I know it's not from that episode.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    the best Torgo bit wasn't even from the Manos episode.

It was from the episode where TV's Frank died, and Torgo the White came to take him to 2nd Banana heaven.

I know I've seen that episode, but I don't remember any details. Which movie was it? I DO remember when Dr. Forrester hired Torgo to replace Frank, which was also awesome, but I know it's not from that episode.

Pretty sure it was Samson vs. The Vampire Women.

and really how can you go wrong with a Luchador fighting vampires

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    GRMike wrote: »
    Also, fucking Woot Off... and I have no monies.

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY SELL SO MANY ROOMBAS

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited May 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    roombas are pretty disappointing i tell you what. i thought it was awesome at first, but now i'm kinda sick of it always getting stuck on invisible shit and having to fix it all the dang time and it doing a so-so job cleaning. if it wasn't for my cats being both terrified and extremely fascinated by the roomba, i would consider it a huge waste of money.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's good for light cleaning and vacuuming.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My cats would in now way tolerate a roomba.

Little hobo packs on their shoulders and out the door they would go.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    yeah, light cleaning everyday is fine, and its nice to set it running in the afternoon while i'm at work, but i usually come home to find it stuck or something, even after i set up those laser walls or whatever. every other week, i find myself busting out the regular vacuum cleaner to feel like i really cleaned my place, ya know.

lostwords on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    roombas are pretty disappointing i tell you what. i thought it was awesome at first, but now i'm kinda sick of it always getting stuck on invisible shit and having to fix it all the dang time and it doing a so-so job cleaning. if it wasn't for my cats being both terrified and extremely fascinated by the roomba, i would consider it a huge waste of money.

if I had cats I might consider buying one

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    ScribemiteScribemite Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I thought about getting a roomba to fascinate the cats, but we bought a guinea pig instead.

The older cat is kinda meh about the pig.

The younger cat is all kinds of "what the eff?" about him.

And the pig loves to chase the young cat. The cat thinks he's all badass sometimes with setting up ambushes, but then the pig just speeds away and attacks from behind, leaving the cat to jump up WTF? and leap away. The pig is all whistling and chirping victoriously.

It's like a little David and Goliath story in our living room.

Scribemite on
  • Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I work with a guy who's a total fundy. Occasionally he'll send around a 'scientific' article about moon dust that proves the earth is 6000 yrs old, but generally he'll keep his thoughts to himself unless you ask him about it.

Anyway, a new guy started with us who gets in early at the same time as the fundy guy so he's been subtly trying to get him to join the flock.
    The new guy tells me he's been given these little comic book things about Jesus. I say surely they can't be Chick tracts, but I have a look and yep, he's got half a dozen of fucking things.

None of the good ones about vampires or anything though.

RocketScience on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I work with a guy who's a total fundy. Occasionally he'll send around a 'scientific' article about moon dust that proves the earth is 6000 yrs old, but generally he'll keep his thoughts to himself unless you ask him about it.

Anyway, a new guy started with us who gets in early at the same time as the fundy guy so he's been subtly trying to get him to join the flock.
    The new guy tells me he's been given these little comic book things about Jesus. I say surely they can't be Chick tracts, but I have a look and yep, he's got half a dozen of fucking things.

None of the good ones about vampires or anything though.

about twice a week, whenever i go to the bathroom stall for a glorious work poop, i find a little comic/pamphlet thingie. sometimes, its chick tracks, other times, its bible passages and other mumbo jumbo about jesus saves. it doesn't really bother me, because hey its worth flipping through while i'm on the can. but that really does take dilligence to keep putting those in the work bathrooms all the time. also, getting saved while workpooping is a pretty great story.

lostwords on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Now dem's some fine watches.

GRMike on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    My cats would in now way tolerate a roomba.

Little hobo packs on their shoulders and out the door they would go.

To be fair, that does sound adorable.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    man I am 150 and I want to be 130

that is an okay goal.

What's that, Teefs?

You want a post your weight thread?
    Nah, I wouldn't be that guy

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]