As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Empire

• Options
    StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've never seen such an excited spambot. He must love his work.

Starcross on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Good for you, Richy. :^:
    Thanks Hap :)

That hand represents my sex life, btw. :P

*stops in mid hi-5*
    *lowers hand slowly*

I know where that hand is going... :winky:
    No, he has a girlfriend.

Old habits. *shrug*

Now, hold hobbits... :winky:
    Good god! D:

Haphazard on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Starcross wrote: »
    I've never seen such an excited spambot. He must love his work.
    You'd love your work too if you had a both a new layout AND new items.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Eight-minute hang that time.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    poopin'?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    God, why must kids these days continue to escalate fucking shit and bully my son? Name calling and such is one thing and teachers will try to deal but busting up my kids shoes?! WTF?!

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I see no spambot.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I see no spambot.
    It got deleted pretty quickly. Hats to the mods, or admins, or bots they set up to patrol and prune the forum.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    God, why must kids these days continue to escalate fucking shit and bully my son? Name calling and such is one thing and teachers will try to deal but busting up my kids shoes?! WTF?!

You have a kid? Clearly the solution is to have your kid go on an elaborate montage of enlightenment at the end the bully will understand that he is one of them and they will be friends.

Or you could go the dean winchester route and teach your kid to kick him in the nuts.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009

The worst part about schools now is that if your son were to retaliate, he'd be in more trouble than them. Back in my day, which was the early 90s, cough cough, if you were being bullied the appropriate response was to fight back.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

The worst part about schools now is that if your son were to retaliate, he'd be in more trouble than them. Back in my day, which was the early 90s, cough cough, if you were being bullied the appropriate response was to fight back.

Zero Tolerance policies are stupid and hurt the victims more than anything.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

You have a kid? Clearly the solution is to have your kid go on an elaborate montage of enlightenment at the end the bully will understand that he is one of them and they will be friends.
    Nonsense. The kid needs to physically train and beef up in a cutscene montage set to "Eye of the Tiger", starting with a scene where he tries to do something and fails, and ending with a scene where he tries the same thing and succeeds, thus illustrating how far along he's come in 4 minutes 6 seconds.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    I'm still incredibly creeped out that a girl I dated in college looked exactly like the girl from Lazy Town.
    Good thing you started dating women, then.
    Har har, she was 23.

So uh, you still have her number?

I mean, uh ... good morning [chat].

desc on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Pelosi accusing the CIA of deliberately misleading Congress is a delicious twist in this governmental drama we are all made to abide by.

TL DR on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm still incredibly creeped out that a girl I dated in college looked exactly like the girl from Lazy Town.
    Har har, she was 23.

She went back to her abusive boyfriend who'd cheated on her and got married at some point.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Making one of my non insult posts of the day, Supernatural was awesome last night, CW continues to have the worst show commercials ever though.
    STOP BEING SO AGGRESSIVE.

Quid on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Zero Tolerance policies are actually pretty decent when they are actually, really, enforced, which they rarely are. If someone was caught bullying at my school, you pretty much got kicked out, no questions asked. You have that luxury when you are a public magnet school and can kick people out to their highschool they are supposed to be going to, and there is no tuition to refund to parents etc. My school had incredibly minimal bullying.

However, in the vast majority of instances zero tolerance bullying policies are implemented very poorly. The Ender Wiggin approach worked well for me in Jr. High.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Har har, she was 23.

She went back to her abusive boyfriend who'd cheated on her and got married at some point.
    *facepalm*

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kids are tremendous cocks. It's the perfect argument against the noble savage. We had a documentry on violence a couple days ago. It was pretty amusing in that one of the arguments posed to an expert was 'does sciety make us violent?' and his response was 'have you seen little kids interact?'.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Nonsense. The kid needs to physically train and beef up in a cutscene montage set to "Eye of the Tiger", starting with a scene where he tries to do something and fails, and ending with a scene where he tries the same thing and succeeds, thus illustrating how far along he's come in 4 minutes 6 seconds.

Funny story I have Eye of the Tiger on my ipod for when I go running...

Timothy as much as I hate pelosi in the wake of all the other bush era crap, that would not surprise me, since it appears timeline wise the cia started torturing before they were even "authorized" to do so.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    JustinSane, get your girlfriend to go to the ER now, if it's gone on a week already without getting treated. (I am pretty sure you read this thread)

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    Kids are tremendous cocks. It's the perfect argument against the noble savage. We had a documentry on violence a couple days ago. It was pretty amusing in that one of the arguments posed to an expert was 'does sciety make us violent?' and his response was 'have you seen little kids interact?'

Socialization of children begins from the second they exit the womb, so that doesn't seem like that great of an argument really.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

Or you could go the dean winchester route and teach your kid to kick him in the nuts.

10 years old, yeah.

See, we tell him that if a problem persists to go tell a teacher. Not immediately, try and just talk it out first and then if it continues do what needs to be done. But some kids get physical and you can tell that he's wanting to defend himself but knows that if he does that the kid is probably going to say it's all his fault. Problem is, my kid is like the second tallest in his class and so most teachers would probably believe the bully before believing him. *wishes there was a rage icon*

For me in school, it was the same as you Justin. Somebody tries to start something, fine. Get physical and I'm sure as hell going to defend myself. One guy tried to kick me in the nuts, I blocked it, grabbed his ankle and put him in an ankle lock till he started to cry. Guy never got physical with me again. But of course if something like that happened now, I would have been the one in trouble.

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You know what you must do
    death-sentence-poster.jpg

Bama on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Har har, she was 23.

Now I'm visualizing that girl from the Lazy Town show, in costume, being beaten by her husband.

That's a pretty depressing mental image.

desc on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    Making one of my non insult posts of the day, Supernatural was awesome last night, CW continues to have the worst show commercials ever though.
    STOP BEING SO AGGRESSIVE.

I'm sorry Quid, is my Brandoesque sexuality too much for you?

What your child needs to do Gon is belittle the other child. He's physically bigger, so just go to the tried and true mental destruction. Worked for me as a kid.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I watched "Zorro, the Gay Blade" last night. It was hilarious.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Har har, she was 23.

Now I'm visualizing that girl from the Lazy Town show, in costume, being beaten by her husband.

Is her husband the bad guy from the show? (or the hero?)

Bama on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Also it's time to teach your kid the utility of having friends that will fight to the death with him.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I pretty much just got the shit kicked out of me. The couple times I fought back I was punished for starting a fight.

Oddly enough for me it was the worst in my magnet school but when I started high school I dealt with a bully maybe a couple times, but the fucker was too fat to catch me and gave up.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    Kids are tremendous cocks. It's the perfect argument against the noble savage. We had a documentry on violence a couple days ago. It was pretty amusing in that one of the arguments posed to an expert was 'does sciety make us violent?' and his response was 'have you seen little kids interact?'

Socialization of children begins from the second they exit the womb, so that doesn't seem like that great of an argument really.

True, which is why I said amusing. But you can' really expect much from the social sciences.

Seriously though, that sucks gonum. My little bro had some trouble a couple days back and is similarly the tallest/one of te strongest guy(s) in his class. Problem is, bullies tend to bring their mates along, and the school system does jack.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Taking like three years of TKD prior to Jr. High probably didn't hurt my being bullied either. I mean, it rarely came to blows, but, it gave me the confidence (even if it was misplaced confidence) to stand up to bullys.

One time I kicked one of my friends in the solar plexus hard enough to lift him off the of the ground because he insulted my mother.

Man, I used to be kind of a violent dick.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Har har, she was 23.

So I GIS'd the bad guy, and if you added 30 pounds to him, he'd actually look like her husband, which is even weirder.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I was bullied a lot. I only fought back twice. I mostly just took it. But the two times I did, I pushed the bully into a rose bush bed (LOL. No seriously. It was hilarious.) That was 3rd grade, then in middle school a kid was pushing me and calling me fatty names so I kinda had a angsty nerd rage moment and shoved him with my fatty weight...right over a desk..which made it a pretty hard fall.

Yeah I almost got in trouble for that one, but the teacher had known me for a while and she knew that I had probably been pushed to my breaking point.

Ludious on
  • Options
    StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Har har, she was 23.

So I GIS'd the bad guy, and if you added 30 pounds to him, he'd actually look like her husband, which is even weirder.

One final question. Are you a creepy looking plastic puppet?

Starcross on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I would do things to the girl from lazy town.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Isn't she like thirteen?

(here come all the bullying stories)

I had the perfect solution to not getting bullied. Be like a foot taller then your peers, whilst being a self assured dick.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Starcross wrote: »
    Har har, she was 23.

One final question. Are you a creepy looking plastic puppet?
    No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I meant do things like take her to a tea party or play sexy dress up, I mean dress up.

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.