Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat] Empire

13536373840

Posts

  • stiliststilist Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    I used to fight every single day in grade and middle school, but didn't have one fight in high school.
    By that point had reached total coolness.

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    I used to fight every single day in grade and middle school, but didn't have one fight in high school.
    So what you're saying is you won a lot of the fights in grade and middle school.

    Bama on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem I've got waffles and I've got beerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I'm not sure just how useful that is, assuming it's visible.
    Also, what car needs a 10k volt battery?
    Technology isn't quite as advanced in Australia. Instead of metal wiring they use damp rope.
    Also the shield is wood which conducts no electricity.

    matt has a problem on
    m9KVEYF.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Of mercenary mind. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Really a piece of tech in a game where people can take missiles to the face and are healed by magical rays doesn't make sense in the real world? :P

    I want the engineer update already.

    Inquisitor on
    QnIYGGT.jpg
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Spy update. Spy update.

    Though I like the spy joke Valve pulled with this update.

    Quid on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Really a piece of tech in a game where people can take missiles to the face and are healed by magical rays doesn't make sense in the real world? :P

    I want the engineer update already.

    You said something like that in the Star Trek thread and you'd be in trouble, son.

    Ludious on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I'm not sure just how useful that is, assuming it's visible.
    Also, what car needs a 10k volt battery?
    Technology isn't quite as advanced in Australia. Instead of metal wiring they use damp rope.
    Also the shield is wood which conducts no electricity.
    That's why nothing happens until it gets stabbed with a metal knife, duh.

    Bama on
  • stiliststilist Registered User
    edited May 2009
    It’s a bridge too far, Inquisitor, and I won’t stand for it!

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Is Canada as bad as the states for Zero Tolerance policies Gon? Here if a kid gets his nose broken/face smashed in and manages to fight back in self defense, he's liable to get the exact same punishment as his attacker.

    If that's the case in Canada all you can really do is complain. If Canada has common sense..then well...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssAvULPzuzg

    Sorry for the wait there Ludious, between this and work it's hectic as hell.

    We're supposed to have zero tolerance. There's been a big anti-bullying campaign with banners up in the school and such but they haven't done squat about it.

    Back in October, there was a parent/teacher night and a barbeque before hand so a bunch of the kids were playing about. My son was with a group of his friends and one kid that he sometimes associated with because he had been mean. I was watching them and they were all pushing each other playing king of the mountain on a platform that was less then a foot of the ground. One kid pushes my son into the kid he didn't associate with much and the kid fell over and hit his head. One of his friends did the "oooooo" thing which freaks my son out as the kid that fell gave him a death stare and tackled him down and put his arm around his throat. My son doesn't even get a chance to apologize and the kid is trying to choke him out. I come over and tell the kid to get his hands off my son to which he starts trying to explain his reasoning behind it to which I tell him that maybe he should have waited for an apology instead of going off the handle and if I ever catch him putting his hands on my kid again then I'm taking him to his parents.

    That shut the little prick up but he still bothers my kid from time to time.

    Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    Woo! New podcast on Audio Entropy is live!: War and Beast
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    also fuck you guys i'm waiting for the soldier update

    Bama on
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Fuck soldiers. No one likes them.

    Quid on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    the bristol-myers squibb conference line waiting music is so bad

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • InquisitorInquisitor Of mercenary mind. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    What classes are left to update? Soldier, Engineer, Demoman, Spy... is that it?

    The soldiers new secondary weapon should be another rocket launcher.

    Inquisitor on
    QnIYGGT.jpg
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    And I do not agree with today's comic.

    Quid on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem I've got waffles and I've got beerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm so terrible at TF2.

    matt has a problem on
    m9KVEYF.jpg
  • stiliststilist Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Huh. One of the old books I have is listed online for $45 used, and it’s apparently in worse condition.

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck nobody said it was easy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    yo yo decaf in the house

    skippydumptruck on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Of mercenary mind. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm so terrible at TF2.

    That never stopped most people.

    Inquisitor on
    QnIYGGT.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    the bristol-myers squibb conference line waiting music is so bad

    Seems like it would be a prerequisite.

    Sarksus on
  • stiliststilist Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    And I do not agree with today's comic.
    Subscription models for music are stupid. I’m not gonna pay $x a month just so I can have the privilege of listening to whatever I want whenever I want, and at a crappy bitrate.

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    And I do not agree with today's comic.
    It makes sense unless you, you know, do math.

    Bama on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I don't understand decaf coffee.

    It's not going to taste good. Don't drink it.

    Sarksus on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    But I don't WANT to fill up my iphone. I just want the music I want. I don't want to pay $15 a month to fill up a music device just because I can.

    The arguement that it takes $30,000 to fill up an ipod so that's bad mmkay is disingenuous.

    Ludious on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    And I do not agree with today's comic.
    Subscription models for music are stupid. I’m not gonna pay $x a month just so I can have the privilege of listening to whatever I want whenever I want, and at a crappy bitrate.
    That's not a problem of subscription models.

    Also, I like that the zune pass now gets you 10 "purchased" songs a month as well. I might start up a sub now.

    Bama on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Of mercenary mind. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The new payload race gametype sounds fun.

    I love how much shit they are adding to TF2 for free.

    Inquisitor on
    QnIYGGT.jpg
  • stiliststilist Registered User
    edited May 2009
    And if the company providing the music ever goes out of business—not that it ever happens—you blew that money. Whoops!

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • InquisitorInquisitor Of mercenary mind. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    But I don't WANT to fill up my iphone. I just want the music I want. I don't want to pay $15 a month to fill up a music device just because I can.

    The arguement that it takes $30,000 to fill up an ipod so that's bad mmkay is disingenuous.

    Most people who fill up ipods probably pirated most of their music, I imagine.

    Inquisitor on
    QnIYGGT.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The new payload race gametype sounds fun.

    I love how much shit they are adding to TF2 for free.

    Oh man seriously, Race looks awesome.

    Sarksus on
  • stiliststilist Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    And I do not agree with today's comic.
    Subscription models for music are stupid. I’m not gonna pay $x a month just so I can have the privilege of listening to whatever I want whenever I want, and at a crappy bitrate.
    That's not a problem of subscription models.

    Also, I like that the zune pass now gets you 10 "purchased" songs a month as well. I might start up a sub now.
    It’s not inherent to subscription models, no, but you’re stuck with whatever is offered.

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The new payload race gametype sounds fun.

    I love how much shit they are adding to TF2 for free.

    Oh but they're not! They're taking a piece of your soul with every new update!

    Honk on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem I've got waffles and I've got beerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I'm so terrible at TF2.

    That never stopped most people.
    I need a manual or something. I bought it when it was $10 a few months ago.

    matt has a problem on
    m9KVEYF.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I like to buy CDs.

    It gives me the ultimate control over my music.

    Sarksus on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Of mercenary mind. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I'm so terrible at TF2.

    That never stopped most people.
    I need a manual or something. I bought it when it was $10 a few months ago.

    Okay:

    http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

    Inquisitor on
    QnIYGGT.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I'm so terrible at TF2.

    That never stopped most people.
    I need a manual or something. I bought it when it was $10 a few months ago.

    Just play Pyro and set everything on fire.

    You'll love it.

    Sarksus on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck nobody said it was easy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I don't understand decaf coffee.

    It's not going to taste good. Don't drink it.

    it is like reverse nicorette gum

    I am drinking it for the taste, and the ritual

    to fool myself into thinking I am indulging

    skippydumptruck on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    And I do not agree with today's comic.
    Subscription models for music are stupid. I’m not gonna pay $x a month just so I can have the privilege of listening to whatever I want whenever I want, and at a crappy bitrate.
    That's not a problem of subscription models.

    Also, I like that the zune pass now gets you 10 "purchased" songs a month as well. I might start up a sub now.
    It’s not inherent to subscription models, no, but you’re stuck with whatever is offered.
    right, which is a feature of everything

    Bama on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Of mercenary mind. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I like to buy CDs.

    It gives me the ultimate control over my music.

    I have purchased three CDs in my entire life.

    Inquisitor on
    QnIYGGT.jpg
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    And I do not agree with today's comic.
    Subscription models for music are stupid. I’m not gonna pay $x a month just so I can have the privilege of listening to whatever I want whenever I want, and at a crappy bitrate.
    I will considering the other legitimate option to listen to whatever I want whenever I want is to pay much much more.

    Quid on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    And I do not agree with today's comic.
    What's wrong with it?

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • InquisitorInquisitor Of mercenary mind. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The new payload race gametype sounds fun.

    I love how much shit they are adding to TF2 for free.

    Oh but they're not! They're taking a piece of your soul with every new update!

    No, that was WoW which took my soul and money and has given me far less content updates that I've actually cared about than TF2 has. :P

    Inquisitor on
    QnIYGGT.jpg
This discussion has been closed.