As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]a-[Chat]a-[Chat]a-Pon

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I mean why do you think they use the name sandbox.

They're not talking about disney world!

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I bought it for the story
    which turned out to be nonexistent and repetitive

yeah I'm full of hate

I'm pretty anti people having their own opinions lately

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    After allt heres only one way to play this game right.

Last boss spoiler. Fuzzy: I never pay attention to story so I can understand that. (This makes no sense. I mean I can understand why our opinions differ so much. I'm completely gameplay focused, I don't need a story to drive me.)

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Proto wrote: »
    damn soda popinski.

what an asshole.

No, the real assholes were the censors who told him he had to have his name legally changed. Seems they thought that "Vodka Drinkinski" would damage the impressionable youth of America.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Gotta side with Morninglord on this one. And not because FCC keeps posting Lady Gaga songs and they're so catchy and I just brb headed to Youtube

TL DR on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I also did not find that game to be fun and sold it

I mean, sold it quicker than I sell every other game

skippydumptruck on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Okay, Pandemic is a fun game, but boy does it ever love beating you like a rented mule.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited May 2009
    yeah I noticed that when you said you hated books, was that you? :P

we just have different ideas of what is value in a game

lets make out

edited May 2009
    I really enjoyed the look and feel, plus the cool fighting moves, and I loved climbing to high places and then hurdling down to the hay wagons; I bought it thinking it would be a really neat story, but the story just wasn't there. ):

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    time for some bioshock

skippydumptruck on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    I also did not find that game to be fun and sold it

I mean, sold it quicker than I sell every other game

Kane and Lynch holds that record for me, followed closely by AC.

Doc on
    edited May 2009
    I really enjoyed the look and feel, plus the cool fighting moves, and I loved climbing to high places and then hurdling down to the hay wagons; I bought it thinking it would be a really neat story, but the story just wasn't there. ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G43h7I-K_mc&feature=related

Yeah story was like what the hell.

I liked altairs story but not the rest.

I love books.

I dislike "classic" writing styles. Dense doesn't mean good to me.

Morninglord on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So Facebook offered to buy Twitter for $500M, and the guy said no?

I almost feel bad for him, but how stupid can you be?

TL DR on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Assassin's Creed was one of those games where simply moving around was enjoyable, and I tend to be intensely forgiving of those

Elendil on
    edited May 2009
    Gotta side with Morninglord on this one. And not because FCC keeps posting Lady Gaga songs and they're so catchy and I just brb headed to Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Ftg24_IZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOek5PY9K84

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This puts me in a very introspective mood, I've had it on loop for the last...well 2 days.

watch?v=G1OJwMn5jFo

No-Quarter on
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Proto wrote: »
    damn soda popinski.

what an asshole.

No, the real assholes were the censors who told him he had to have his name legally changed. Seems they thought that "Vodka Drinkinski" would damage the impressionable youth of America.

:lol:

Wasn't it Drunkenski? Not that it really matters. Such a great stereotype. Leave it to the Japs!

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My quickest buy and sell-back was Lost Odyssey

I think I had it for like 48 hours

Senjutsu on
    edited May 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Ftg24_IZc
    Motherfuckin' gay fish

Elendil on
    edited May 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed was one of those games where simply moving around was enjoyable, and I tend to be intensely forgiving of those

I just don't hold things up to some level or standard.

Since what is the standard? Some other game. Objective standard? There is none. The standard is "what's fun for me."

So I realised.

I make things fun. I don't need something to do it for me.

And now my game tastes are really unfussy. Need game breaking bugs to kill it for me.

Morninglord on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

They do get old after a while. Definitely not the type of game you can really get entranced by, or delve deep into. The video game equivalent of a popcorn movie.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just took a nap so I'm going to select one of you to hate for the next five minutes while I get this nasty taste out of my mouth.

Sarksus on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »

: (

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009

Sub Zero: Mortal Kombat Mythologies for me. I did however trade it in for the best Playstation game of all time, however, Castlevania Symphony of the Night

No-Quarter on
    edited May 2009

They do get old after a while. Definitely not the type of game you can really get entranced by, or delve deep into. The video game equivalent of a popcorn movie.

Yeah I'll agree with that. I go back to it maybe once a month but I don't play it all day. I mess around in a city for an hour or so and I'm done for a while. :D

Morninglord on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    This puts me in a very introspective mood, I've had it on loop for the last...well 2 days.

watch?v=G1OJwMn5jFo

That whole album is amazing. One of last year's best metal albums, IMO.

Doc on
    edited May 2009
    the thing I liked about AC was that I could pick it up and engage it on whatever level I felt like

just feel like climbing shit? Go nuts

find flags, fighting, killing dudes, assassinating beggars in big crowds, pick-pocketing, jumping off things for kicks, beating confessions out of people, eavesdropping, actually advancing the plot

whatever I was in the mood to do, for as long or as little as I wanted to put into it, it was cool with that

Senjutsu on
    edited May 2009
    I'm still treading a careful course through it, Doc. Some of the tinnier sounds offend my hearing though. Same goes for pounding drums, but I love the guitar work.

No-Quarter on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    Guys, guys

My Rock Band group COSMIC SODOMY and I have just been invited to play a swank fundraising dinner for the arts

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited May 2009
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Guys, guys

My Rock Band group COSMIC SODOMY and I have just been invited to play a swank fundraising dinner for the arts

Fuckin' A Cotton! Fuckin' A!

No-Quarter on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I might be in the Seattle area this weekend.

Maybe.

James on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Guys, guys

Fuckin' A Cotton! Fuckin' A!

Finally I have a chance to dress like Rick Ocasek

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited May 2009
    Theatrical assassinations were my favorite bits of AC

Elendil on
    edited May 2009
    the thing I liked about AC was that I could pick it up and engage it on whatever level I felt like

find flags, fighting, killing dudes, assassinating beggars in big crowds, pick-pocketing, jumping off things for kicks, beating confessions out of people, eavesdropping, actually advancing the plot

whatever I was in the mood to do, for as long or as little as I wanted to put into it, it was cool with that

after a while

i started hunting down those street preachers

i treated them as assassinations, since they're always surrounded by guards. id observe them and pretend it was a proper assassination.

"when king richard takes jaffAAAARRGGHHH"

"get him!"

Morninglord on
    edited May 2009

Yeah I'll agree with that. I go back to it maybe once a month but I don't play it all day. I mess around in a city for an hour or so and I'm done for a while. :D

If you pick up the game with this in mind it's fantastic. Fuzzy bought a game with the wrong expectations is all.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    I liked the Monster Rancher show more than Pokemon because the former continued to be about monsters beating the shit out of each other while the latter turned into (and dragged the game with it) OMG BFF's

I played Pokemon Blue like a son of a bitch and Gold to a lesser extent but for the above reason never bought a pokemon game after that (also the pokemon became increasingly lame as they added more)

Monster Rancher though when I finally get a DS the first thing I'mma do is buy a Monster Rancher game for it

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

after a while

i started hunting down those street preachers

i treated them as assassinations, since they're always surrounded by guards. id observe them and pretend it was a proper assassination.

"when king richard takes jaffAAAARRGGHHH"

"get him!"

Fuckin' atheists man.

Sarksus on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    James wrote: »
    I might be in the Seattle area this weekend.

Maybe.
    Too bad. Elkamil and I will be in Portland this weekend.

Thanatos on
    edited May 2009
    Elkamil is on the west-coast?

gang shit be going down

Senjutsu on
    edited May 2009
    Monster Rancher had an awesome theme song, awesome fights, and was just generally awesome. The one thing that ruined it was the ending, which was such utter bullshit I refuse to speak of it.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.