As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Youtube Star Trek in a particular way

The Last GentThe Last Gent Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, so in one of the Star Trek threads in D&D, someone linked to a page on Youtube.

It was official. I can't remember for what network though, either Paramount or CBS or Viacom or something.

Thing is, what they'd done was posted every episode of The Original Series legally for free on Youtube.

Thing is, they'd allowed you to view the episodes in a long list with an interface I'd never seen on Youtube before. There were no images, just a list of titles only, in Airdate order (starting with "The Man Trap) with a selection at the top to toggle between the three seasons.

Well I was an idiot who deleted the bookmark.

I've been cruising around youtube, and I've yet to locate the interface again, and I can't find the original post in D&D. Youtube HAS an official CBS site that has a bunch of episodes up, but they appear out of any kind of order, (Charlie X is the first ep for some odd reason) and don't use the kind of interface I described.

So, am I going insane? Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? Can anyone link me to it? I have a friend who wants to start watching the 60s series after the movie, and this is the best way I think I can present it to her.

The Last Gent on

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • The Last GentThe Last Gent Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    THATS IT!!!

I'M BOOKMARKING IT THREE TIMES.

HOW DO YOU GET TO THAT???

edit: Pardon the enthusiasm, I'm sleepy.

The Last Gent on
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I know Google-Fu. (WHOA!!!)

Actually, it was bit difficult to find that page, since most searches on Google and Youtube will bring up discussion about the new movie, rather than the original series. Still, happy viewing!

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Dinosaur Equals GasDinosaur Equals Gas Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    To find it with the Google Search, just search for "star trek full episodes youtube". It was the 2nd link.

Dinosaur Equals Gas on
  • ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh, awesome, now youtube is putting in region locking? i cant watch them because im in canada. Lame.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Zeon wrote: »
    Oh, awesome, now youtube is putting in region locking? i cant watch them because im in canada. Lame.

Not youtube...studios. Same as with Hulu.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • SaddlerSaddler Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    RUNN1NGMAN wrote: »

FYI you can also watch these on Netflix. Not sure if that works in Canada or not, though.

Saddler on
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Saddler wrote: »
    FYI you can also watch these on Netflix. Not sure if that works in Canada or not, though.
    Extremely doubtful. You have to sign up to get access to instant streaming, and to sign up you have to give them a US shipping address and a credit card number. They appear to have no options for Canadian customers at this time, which is why I'm a zip.ca customer. It's basically Netflix for Canadians, but I don't think they have streaming currently.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    RUNN1NGMAN wrote: »

I still can blame the website... Youtube could have said "Make it available to everyone or host it else where".

And yeah Hulus annoying for that too but atleast they were straight up from the get go. Ive never been able to use Hulu. Ive never seen something I couldnt watch on youtube before today.

*edit* and yeah netflix is not available in canada.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Why is there region locking on internet content? I thought it was THE INTERNET. Meaning you could see anything that was on the internet anywhere in the world.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • The Last GentThe Last Gent Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    son of a bitch...I can't see it because I'm in canada.

*rages*

Is there any way around region locking? Between this and Hulu I've become more and more angry.

The Last Gent on
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    and NBC.com.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz