As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can someone recommend a good in-game mp3 player?

TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
Can someone recommend an in-game mp3 player that's compatible with most games? I looked on google and found an app called gamepe, but it cause most of my games to crash. Currently I use WMP and just run a playlist in games, but having the ability to select the exact song that I want to hear at the exact moment would be great.

EH28YFo.jpg
Taranis on

• DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    No clue, but it would be a bitchin thing for Steam to include with the overlay.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I had a kickass one for Day of Defeat and Counterstrike, but that was pre-steam so it no longer works.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • xbxicexbxice Registered User new member
    edited May 2009
    Gamepe works fine if you got a crash maybe you running Xfire or Fraps in the background

xbxice on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    you can use a global hotkey plugin, so you can control your player anywhere, not just ingame

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Is an external mp3 player out of the question?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Honestly, I can't even fathom a MP3 player working across the sheer vastness that is different architecture in different games.

I think you're best bet is something small like WinAMP, and running your games windowed (if you really want to switch quickly).

Synthesis on
  • XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I use winamp with the global hotkey plugin. Danged if I'm gonna take the effort to link it to you though. Haven't played a game yet that it hasn't worked on.
    just ctrl+shift+alt+key to do next, prev, pause, play, stop, etc.
    Google it. Or go to winamp's plugin site and search.

Xaviar on
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Winamp's global hotkeys are built into the program these days, no need for a plugin. Mine even grabs the media keys on my keyboard.

Fats on
  • XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Fats wrote: »
    Winamp's global hotkeys are built into the program these days, no need for a plugin. Mine even grabs the media keys on my keyboard.
    Huh. Well I guess it's been about 3 years since I've bothered to check their website.. o.0

Xaviar on
  • xbxicexbxice Registered User new member
    edited May 2009
    if all you need is just music then gamepe is too much for you but will do the job
    Note: not all use or like winamp . (VLC player)

xbxice on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    foobar has built in global hotkeys too

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    foobar has built in global hotkeys too

and foobar is bettar!!!

but serious, I use foobar and have ctrl+alt+(anykey) to control my music. . . easy sauce.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN