As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conspiracy Theories - I mean, shit.

1192021222325»

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    We should all get together and buy a decommissioned missile silo. If we can take care of the deepcrows it'd be an awesome post-unspecified disaster shelter.

You don't need to go that far. A good solid house in a rural area, with a basement, can be entirely adequate for most apocalypses.

We can't use that as a base of operations to rebuild the shattered society with our pre-war technology and knowhow 15 years later when we emerge, we can with a silo complex.

Maybe we can engineer a virus to kill all the "unclean" that survived, and just hope no ragtag normal guy turned hero doesn't show up and convince our lead scientist to turn against us.
    Duffel wrote: »
    What we actually need to do is go on one of the CT websites and say we've actually heard rumors about deepcrows infesting some of the old decommissioned silos.

The reason they're selling them off is because the deepcrows kill the new occupants and then of course the gov't confiscates their money (because of course they can just confiscate all their money for no reason) and pretty soon there will be nobody rich enough to buy a silo left and THEY WILL OWN OUR MINDS

You know I would wager money, a good amount of it, we could convince at least a couple of peoples that deepcrows are real and there is a conspiracy around them.

I mean there were people that thought the fucking halo 3 viral marketing thing was real and bought into it.

override367 on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wow that Halo viral thing is shittily designed. It looks like it jumped straight out of 1996.

Also the Deepcrow thing would be fun but I guess it would probably violate some rules against board raiding. I would almost guarantee you, though, that we could get a few people to believe it if we just posted a few "newspaper articles" and maybe shopped a couple of images.

Duffel on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wow that Halo viral thing is shittily designed. It looks like it jumped straight out of 1996.

I think it's supposed to, to make it look like some conspiracy theorist who knows the truth is writing it instead of a multimillion dollar ad agency.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    Portugal.TheMarkPortugal.TheMark Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Does anyone know more about the specifics of the montauk project? Or any web content that has more information on it? Seems like entertaining stuff.

Portugal.TheMark on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009

That reminded me WAY too much of Zoolander.

Phil G. on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    http://www.ooparts.nl/index.htm

The best conspiracy theories are true(For a given degree therof)

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Demiurge wrote: »

Man I love the end bit there :lol:
    Hilarious!

"Yep! On four occasions."
    "..."
    "..."
    "..."
    end

:lol::lol:

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Haha yes, Eating Media Lunch is easily one of New Zealand's best TV productions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2zSRAjjjE8

There was also an episode where he went to a sceptics convention, but I can't seem to find it.

L|ama on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    These so called psychics piss me off. I don't care about 9/11 Truthers and the like, but these parasites are pretty foul in my opinion. The worst kind of con artist.

Drake on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That reminds me of the Singing Psychic. My favourite local radio host used to have her one once or twice a year, pretty much as a joke that she wasn't in on, and she was amazing! She has a guitar and seems to only know one tune, but she can only tell the future when she's playing. Her origin story is classic, too: she was completely normal until one day she was hit by an 18-wheeler, which almost killed her. Fortunately, she survived, and found that she now had the ability to tell the future in song. Just how you figure that one out I can't imagine, but it's pretty amazing.

I found a vid of her from way back:

Fran Baskerville aka The Singing Psychic.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I love it when Letterman has that [strike]psychic[/strike] intuitive woman on and makes her guess whatever deli meat Rupert Jee is thinking about.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I think it's supposed to, to make it look like some conspiracy theorist who knows the truth is writing it instead of a multimillion dollar ad agency.

Yeah, that's the intention. You just need to look at I love bees or the other stuff they did for that campaign to see what they can come up with.

Leitner on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Leitner wrote: »

Yeah, that's the intention. You just need to look at I love bees or the other stuff they did for that campaign to see what they can come up with.

Oh, I know they did it on purpose, I just thought it was kind of funny. It's kind of like going into some old-timer's house and seeing a phone that you actually have to spin the dial. It's like, "Damn, been a long time since I've seen one of those."

Duffel on