As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My First MacBook

124»

• PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    I think it's a scam site and the specs are incorrect. The only 2.13 GHz white macbook I know of is the currently available one, and it comes with an NVidia 9400M. Those specs are correct for the 2.0 GHz white macbook (now discontinued).

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dick Smith isn't a scam, it's a popular electronics chain in Australia. I would expect those listings are just inaccurate.

Lewisham on
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Lewisham wrote: »
    Dick Smith isn't a scam, it's a popular electronics chain in Australia. I would expect those listings are just inaccurate.

So you're saying it's run by a bunch of criminals then

but I'm to believe it's not a scam

YEAH. SURE.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
    edited June 2009
    Pheezer wrote: »
    Lewisham wrote: »

So you're saying it's run by a bunch of criminals then

but I'm to believe it's not a scam

YEAH. SURE.

OUCH.

Lewisham on
  • HallucinogenHallucinogen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Has anyone else noticed how the Macbook's audio output to the headphone plug-in disengages if there's no audio? It wouldn't bug me except that there's always an irritating popping sound when audio comes on again. Why the heck did Apple do this? My PowerBook just left the line-out on all the time, which was fine. I can't imagine it's a huge power/resource drain. Can anyone confirm if this happens on the MBP?

Hallucinogen on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i do not notice this on my brother's
    if it happens at all

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    edited June 2009
    Really? Hmm... try having no audio going at all, no apps open or anything, and then do something you know will trigger a system alert sound. Make sure you have headphones on, of course. You should hear a distinct pop sound like when you plug speakers into a live output signal.

Btw, is this a MB or MBP, and is it a Unibody?

Hallucinogen on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Yes, the MBPs turn audio on and off, but I can't say I notice a pop. I use a volume limity thingy I got from RadioShack to limit the output "hiss". Works good on my iPod Touch too.

Lewisham on
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    unibody MBP
    i haven't used it very recently so maybe it does, i just don't remember it ever doing that

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The pop happened in the normal macbook and the unibody. Its never really bothered me though.

Ziggymon on
    edited June 2009
    Sometimes it doesn't bug me when it's quiet, but depending on what the volume it's at, it can be very unpleasant when I've been listening to silence and then I do something that elicits a system alert I wasn't expecting. On top of that it delays the system alert beep just enough to make it pointless, as the static pop pretty much becomes the system alert sound. I'm glad I borrowed this MB from a friend before buying one. I'm definitely not getting one, or a MBP for that matter. There are a few key issues I simply can't work around. The display's colour accuracy is worse than my old PB and the high-gloss glass exacerbates the problem and is distracting as hell, the popping audio is a nuisance, and the USB ports being too close together to fit my USB key and another cable or key at the same time is retarded(what good are two of them if I can only use one at a fucking time?). For me, Apple has just made to many functionality concessions in favour of appealing design and aesthetics.

Hallucinogen on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hardleft_335Hardleft_335 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My white macbook is about 3 years old and refuses to go to sleep when I close the lid. Its not a huge problem, but I'd love to know if there is an easy fix. Any ideas? Out of warranty.

Hardleft_335 on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    Looks like the OP has stopped posting here. I'm going to assume his questions have been answered and lock this thread before it becomes a megathread.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.