As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[E3 2009 MEGATHREAD] E3 OVER - GO HOME

• elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Lunker wrote: »
    Okay, now you're being a dick.

No, he is being "hardcore".

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • DeathofaLionDeathofaLion __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    <_< DS has good games, I just think the handheld itself is shit.

DeathofaLion on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Did someone order a fanboy?

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Screen not bright enough, touch screen not sensitive enough, clamshell doesn't protect against scratches well enough, what?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Yeah, and now we are roasting him. Medium rare.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm pretty sure individual UMD games do not have a unique serial number. No CD Key if you will. Hardware, like the PSP or the above Ipod mention, do.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    elkatas wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Yeah, and now we are roasting him. Medium rare.

Make sure you use pepper.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    It will possibly be the case that you send them the game and they send you a download code.

DarkWarrior on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Screen not bright enough, touch screen not sensitive enough, clamshell doesn't protect against scratches well enough, what?

GBA games stick out of the bottom.

Hinge breaks all the fucking time.

Stylus turns my hand into a shrivelled claw.

Unusable for left handed people.

Anything other than matte white turns into fingerprint city USA after 2 minutes of use.

The_Scarab on
    edited June 2009

Shitty online system. No DS store (dont know if they're adding one now?) lack of N64 emulation. Pictochat isn't worth a shit. No mp3 playback till recently, etc.

DeathofaLion on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I'm not sure how he's being a fanboy by not liking a particular console. If he said "everything Nintendo does is shit", well then you'd have something to go on.

Edit: A bit vitriolic with the opinion, sure, but that's about it.

Halfmex on
    edited June 2009
    Everything that The_Scarab included as well.

EDIT: I'm actually left handed as well.

EDIT 2: I just ended two sentences with "as well" in a row.

DeathofaLion on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Shitty online system. No DS store (dont know if they're adding one now?) lack of N64 emulation. Pictochat isn't worth a shit. No mp3 playback till recently, etc.

Oh, okay, you should've mentioned you don't have one nor know anything about it.

I'm left handed and I've never had one problem, I don't even know what that criticism is supposed to mean. It's the best game system I've ever owned.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited June 2009
    I own a DS Lite. Want a picture of it with a goddamn sticky note that says DeathofaLion?

Hell, i'll even include a message on it of your choice. I do own one.

DeathofaLion on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    High five for being left handed, my sinister brosef!

The_Scarab on
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    As a left handed gamer I still like the ds but some games flat out suck with touchscreen controls for leftys. Metroid Prime hunters sticks out as a glaring example to me.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I <3 my DS so much. The only complaint I've seen here that I can agree with is the fault on hinge breaks on the oldest ones.

I also have a PSP, and I really see no reason to upgrade to the Go.

AshtonDragon on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    As a left handed gamer I still like the ds but some games flat out suck with touchscreen controls for leftys. Metroid Prime hunters sticks out as a glaring example to me.

Hunters is awkward regardless of hand orientation, don't worry.

Metroid Claw affects everyone: Don't be another statistic

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DS has some fantastic games, but my favorite ones are those that don't employ the stylus (with the exception of the Brain Age games). I've just never been a fan of that control method.

Halfmex on
    edited June 2009
    Also, the DS lacks an analogue stick. However, it isn't too much of a bother since people just love to put GBA-esque sidescrollers on it, anyway.

...I can't believe I used to bash the PSP in favor of the DS.

What a lost cause that was...

DeathofaLion on
    edited June 2009
    Well to be fair, the PSP's analog stick isn't that great. The 'slider' analog stick is serviceable, but man what I wouldn't give for two actual sticks, small though they'd be, on a portable. Hopefully the PSP2 will deliver on that front.

Halfmex on
  • SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also, the DS lacks an analogue stick. However, it isn't too much of a bother since people just love to put GBA-esque sidescrollers on it, anyway.

...I can't believe I used to bash the PSP in favor of the DS.

What a lost cause that was...

I really hate fanboyism.

This is why.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I liked the Neo Geo Pocket myself. Clicky analogue stick and pressure sensitive buttons. That thing's analogue stick just destroys the PSPs nub.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Well to be fair, the PSP's analog stick isn't that great. The 'slider' analog stick is serviceable, but man what I wouldn't give for two actual sticks, small though they'd be, on a portable. Hopefully the PSP2 will deliver on that front.

Didn't Sony say that they didn't put two sticks on the PSP because it would be unstable and hard to hold?

That and it'd encourage more crap ports, and force games to use two buttons. Really, the face button aiming isn't that bad once you get used to it. The two Syphon Filter games and Resistance have it perfect.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DS has some fantastic games, but my favorite ones are those that don't employ the stylus (with the exception of the Brain Age games). I've just never been a fan of that control method.

Yea I enjoy games where the stylus is an extra not the main control system more. Games like Advance Wars and Fire emblem are great with the stylus control, but I don't really care for games that use the stylus and button presses in a real time set up as much.

Psp and Ds are for as different an audience as the Wii and Ps3 are to me. Either way as someone who enjoys rpgs both systems are awesome.
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I liked the Neo Geo Pocket myself. Clicky analogue stick and pressure sensitive buttons. That thing's analogue stick just destroys the PSPs nub.

Such a sick system shame it didn't take off.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2009
    elliotw2 wrote: »

Didn't Sony say that they didn't put two sticks on the PSP because it would be unstable and hard to hold?

That and it'd encourage more crap ports, and force games to use two buttons. Really, the face button aiming isn't that bad once you get used to it. The two Syphon Filter games and Resistance have it perfect.
    Yeah, but I don't know how much of that was truth and how much was "we don't want to admit our own design flaws", just like they did with the original 'the X button cracks the screen' debacle.

I think, if you're going to be doing ports of or sequels to current (and even last) gen games, two analog sticks is a must. For the DS the lack of analog sticks makes more sense because a lot of the games don't really require it, or are ports of/sequels to games made in the 16 bit era. But even, as you said, the Syphon Filter titles and other 3D games, while they have a perfectly serviceable method, a second analog stick would work far better in my opinion. I wanted to get into Liberty City Stories so much, but I was so used to playing GTA games on consoles that the lack of a second stick for camera control just made it really hard to enjoy.

Halfmex on
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I LOVED the Neo-Geo Pocket Color. Man, that clicky stick was so nice. Played the hell out of Capcom vs SNK, and Samurai Showdown 2.

... I miss that little system. I bought it back when I was in middle school from some guy for 5 bucks, had three games.

Sold it sometime after, then re-bought it online pretty cheap, still in box, with a bunch more games.

I'm going to go home and play it. I <3 you for reminding me how awesome it was.

GPIA7R on
    edited June 2009
    I wanted one of those so badly. Ah, if only I had that kind of disposable income back when it was still around and publishers were making games for it.

Halfmex on
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The Atari Lynx was the superior system.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
    edited June 2009
    I'm as left handed as they come and have found no stylus based games to be a problem at all.

Quite a few of them have left handed modes, and even the ones that don't aren't too bad.

Scarab is just waiting rabidly for his Zuneboy. :P

Xenogears of Bore on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Yeah, but I don't know how much of that was truth and how much was "we don't want to admit our own design flaws", just like they did with the original 'the X button cracks the screen' debacle.

I think, if you're going to be doing ports of or sequels to current (and even last) gen games, two analog sticks is a must. For the DS the lack of analog sticks makes more sense because a lot of the games don't really require it, or are ports of/sequels to games made in the 16 bit era. But even, as you said, the Syphon Filter titles and other 3D games, while they have a perfectly serviceable method, a second analog stick would work far better in my opinion. I wanted to get into Liberty City Stories so much, but I was so used to playing GTA games on consoles that the lack of a second stick for camera control just made it really hard to enjoy.

I'd prefer they not make ports, to be honest.

Although the PSP GTA games rank among some of my favourites ever.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Since I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else, I figured it could be shoe-horned in here:

Activision sues to stop Jack Black game

So it looks like Brutal Legend will not be coming out this Rocktober after all.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Look at that. Ain't she a beaut?

neogeo-pocket-color.jpg

GPIA7R on
  • elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Since I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else, I figured it could be shoe-horned in here:

Those dicks

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Well... at least that will give me time to work through the other games I have to play.

Taramoor on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    White PSP Go with CFW = Goodbye DS, you piece of shit.

Except for the sheer amount of support the DS gets, along with the superior quanitity and quality of titles.

Other than that, goobye DS you horrible horrible system. o_O

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    edited June 2009

Those dicks

Best post E3 news ever!

Xenogears of Bore on
    edited June 2009

Activision 2008: What the fuck is this shit? We can't whore this out yearly. Get it out of my sight.
    Every article/impression/preview since: HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS FUCKING GREAT
    Activision 2009: SUE THEM SUE THEM SUE THEM ITS OURS OURS OURS

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Those dicks

Best post E3 news ever!

Just when I was starting to forget that they were terrible, too.

EDIT: scratching Prototype off of my Want list now. A shame, really.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Woodroez wrote: »
    scratching Prototype off of my Want list now. A shame, really.

Why?

Fawst on
This discussion has been closed.