As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Land of the Dead Beckons Us! (Resubscribe NOW!)

1575859606163»

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well, if they're just pulling the class changes temporarily for additional testing, that actually makes sense. No reason to go live with a patch you're just going to undo if you can test it another 2 weeks, THEN go live with it.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How dare those bastards continue to test the Combat and Career changes!

Mr.Sunshine on
  • HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Well, if they're just pulling the class changes temporarily for additional testing, that actually makes sense. No reason to go live with a patch you're just going to undo if you can test it another 2 weeks, THEN go live with it.

:^:

People are going to overreact to this like they always do.

Havelock on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Havelock wrote: »

:^:

People are going to overreact to this like they always do.

Have they said anything about a time frame? Most of the internet seems to be assuming it'll be two or three months.

Also, I haven't seen any evidence subs have been declining since before Q2 2009.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Honestly, if patching is just going to break classes as much as it fixes them, there's still no reason to go live with C&C changes even if it will take 3 months. Classes will still be broken, so better to continue with the balancing.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Honestly, if patching is just going to break classes as much as it fixes them, there's still no reason to go live with C&C changes even if it will take 3 months. Classes will still be broken, so better to continue with the balancing.

Exactly. The problem is going to be explaining this to the mass of players who lack the patience to wait.

Havelock on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Havelock wrote: »

Exactly. The problem is going to be explaining this to the mass of players who lack the patience to wait.

Sure, the offical forum is full of Bitchy McBitchersons, but I'd guess most of the ADD ragequit types would be gone already.

Again, I haven't seen any evidence that the game is still losing players - Iron Rock scenario pops and RvR haven't measurably changed since I've moved there.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    More testing is good, its just disappointing that the tank changes are not even in to test yet, we've heard 0 about them, and they seem to be listening to the people complaining "toughness is making tanks to hard to kill". No shit that is our job. I would just much rather see some actually balance, even if its just small steps this patch, than have it all ripped out in favor of pushing PVE content that I do not really care about.

The unkillable AOE healers backing AOE damage is just not fun to play against as a melee class.

Detharin on
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I need some technical help. I've got a Logitech G13 game pad, and a Logitech G5 mouse. Neither are recognized by WAR. I really can't play this game without my 5 button mouse and game pad. Anyone have any problems with this? or better yet solutions? I've got Alt and Shift mapped the the mouse side buttons, and then standard stuff on the gamepad. I've used the key profiler and the gamepad recognizes that I'm playing warhammer, but the game doesn't recognize any button actuation.

Also with the mouse I just tested it and shift works in every other program on this computer.

I'd love to bitch about class balance...but what I'd really need to do is play the game using the mouse and game pad I bought. Seriously has no one else had similar problems? What do I need to do with this game? If no one here knows the answer, then is there some place you could point me to?

italianranma on
    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I would be more interested in Land of the Dead if they decided to do it differently. Making it only accessible to one side at a time sounds like it will get annoying when you can't just log in and find a group to run the content, or if you have an existing group you are doing content with that only logs in at a certain time, you aren't guaranteed to actually be able to do it on any given night. I'd much prefer it to always be open to both sides, even with invadeable instances as 6v6 PvP sounds like a lot more fun than the zerg vs zerg I've gotten tired of.

Yeah, I know this isn't the game for PvE, but if its there, I want to be able to actually do it.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • SherlokSherlok Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Detharin wrote: »
    More testing is good, its just disappointing that the tank changes are not even in to test yet, we've heard 0 about them, and they seem to be listening to the people complaining "toughness is making tanks to hard to kill". No shit that is our job. I would just much rather see some actually balance, even if its just small steps this patch, than have it all ripped out in favor of pushing PVE content that I do not really care about.

The unkillable AOE healers backing AOE damage is just not fun to play against as a melee class.

Seriously, I wouldn't put too much stock in them listening to peoples complaints - not because people they don't listen to the players, but they gather metrics on tons of stuff in the game. Anything relating to numbers, that can be quantified, crunched and graphed they're probably following their metrics more then player crying.

If they happen to move along with a certain sect of players, it's probably part of a much larger picture. Granted I'm sure they do take player feedback into account, and player feeling is definitely an important part, but after working for a company that gathers metrics on literally every aspect of our software and supplementing that with user input (as well as having users drive most of our metrics) - you find users tend to be incredibly short cited.

But yea, I was really looking forward to the career changes, my shaman's been benched until the patch comes out and my shadow warrior could really benefit from the stat changes (which I'm just guessing at right now, since they didn't roll out ranged dps stuff yet)
    eelektrik wrote: »
    I would be more interested in Land of the Dead if they decided to do it differently. Making it only accessible to one side at a time sounds like it will get annoying when you can't just log in and find a group to run the content, or if you have an existing group you are doing content with that only logs in at a certain time, you aren't guaranteed to actually be able to do it on any given night. I'd much prefer it to always be open to both sides, even with invadeable instances as 6v6 PvP sounds like a lot more fun than the zerg vs zerg I've gotten tired of.

The problem with having it open all the time AND with invadeable instances is that I could see 1 side completely locking out another, even if you manage to get into an instance you'll just get griefed. People zoning in just to hit bosses so no loot drops, etc. Having it being able to be locked for some time means that you at least get a chance to run it undisturbed for a bit.

I like it, RvR is the name of the game here, and if you have a set time to run it, we should see guild alliances actually working to own it at certain times so their folk can run it. I'm pumped.

Sherlok on
  • MoridinMoridin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alright, I've reinstalled and tried every other trick in the book.

Still getting a "The program was unable to complete the patch operation. Please try again later." error.

It's hanging on world.myp.

Any ideas?

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • skippymchaggisskippymchaggis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    did you actually run a full file check? i seem to recall having that sort of bug that was eventually cleared by sitting through the whole file check process.

skippymchaggis on
    edited June 2009
    did you actually run a full file check? i seem to recall having that sort of bug that was eventually cleared by sitting through the whole file check process.

Multiple times.

Edit: Could someone just send me their uncorrupted, working world.myp file?

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    are you on vista?

are you running as admin?

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
    edited June 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    are you on vista?

are you running as admin?

Yes, yes

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    I'd honestly rather them keep the patch combined. Land of the Dead won't be much fun with the current balance. Perhaps I am too patient in this case.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • SherlokSherlok Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Moridin wrote: »

Multiple times.

I don't seem to have one. I wouldn't doubt that it's some sort of archive that gets extracted during installation.

Sherlok on
    edited June 2009
    Sherlok wrote: »

Multiple times.

I don't seem to have one. I wouldn't doubt that it's some sort of archive that gets extracted during installation.

Well, now it looks like art2.myp is the problem. That's what the patch log file says anyway:
    [2009/06/04 19:19:19] libpatchclient initialized.
    [2009/06/04 19:19:19] Currently running as [C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\warpatch.exe]
    [2009/06/04 19:19:19] Currently running as [C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\warpatch.exe]
    [2009/06/04 19:19:19] Notification of restart with alternate filename
    [2009/06/04 19:19:19] libpatchclient initialized.
    [2009/06/04 19:19:19] Currently running as [C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\warpatch.bin]
    [2009/06/04 19:19:20] Nothing to patch for [EAMythic Patcher]
    [2009/06/04 19:19:27] Patch size is 15612
    [2009/06/04 19:19:27] MYP::MypArchive::AddRawFile Data buffer size [0] does not match expected size [15200] for [408d1a1290ff7a2e].
    [2009/06/04 19:19:27] Failed to write file [408d1a12-90ff7a2e] into pack [art2.myp].
    [2009/06/04 19:19:27] Failed [1] files for product [Warhammer: Age of Reckoning].
    [2009/06/04 19:19:27] Failed to patch stage [main].
    [2009/06/04 19:19:28] Failed to patch main product.

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Still getting a "The program was unable to complete the patch operation. Please try again later." error.

Any ideas?

Trial or full?

Edit: in other news I still feel really useless in pvp on my DoK. it might just be that I'm in early t3 as a 22/16.I die easy and don't put out much healing. all 7 points are in sac and I have decent strength.

either
    A. this really isn't the class for me or
    B. I'm missing something. or
    C. I'm just rusty.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    edited June 2009
    Entaru wrote: »

Any ideas?

Trial or full?

Edit: in other news I still feel really useless in pvp on my DoK. it might just be that I'm in early t3 as a 22/16.I die easy and don't put out much healing. all 7 points are in sac and I have decent strength.

either
    C. I'm just rusty.

Trial ;_;

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Any ideas?

Trial or full?

either
    C. I'm just rusty.

Trial ;_;

If it's windows 7 this is what worked for me. Open notepad as administrator and use that to open patch.cfg in your Warhammer directory.

It'll say something about pretriallive or something. change that to say only live in both instances.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    edited June 2009

Any ideas?

Trial or full?

either
    C. I'm just rusty.

Trial ;_;

If it's windows 7 this is what worked for me. Open notepad as administrator and use that to open patch.cfg in your Warhammer directory.

It'll say something about pretriallive or something. change that to say only live in both instances.

Oh my god it works.

You are a saint

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2009
    Someone get crackin' on a new thread.

A duck! on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    Someone get crackin' on a new thread.
    Cynic said he is working on it.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Goddamn it what's the /command to release a claimed keep? You set the parameter to '0' to release any keep right?

Panda4You on
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    in other news I still feel really useless in pvp on my DoK. it might just be that I'm in early t3 as a 22/16.
    Well there's yer problem right there!

Seriously though, the first few levels in a tier are always the worst. On top of that, the first three mastery abilities / tactics in Sacrifice are pretty crap. It'll probably get a lot better once you're midway through the tier and have access to Devour Essence and Empowered Transfer.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I need some technical help. I've got a Logitech G13 game pad, and a Logitech G5 mouse. Neither are recognized by WAR. I really can't play this game without my 5 button mouse and game pad. Anyone have any problems with this? or better yet solutions? I've got Alt and Shift mapped the the mouse side buttons, and then standard stuff on the gamepad. I've used the key profiler and the gamepad recognizes that I'm playing warhammer, but the game doesn't recognize any button actuation.

Also with the mouse I just tested it and shift works in every other program on this computer.

I had this problem as well which was causing my to shelve my KnotBS and my Chosen because I lost my twisting ease.

My fix was to run both the keymapping software and WAR as admin.

I also turned of UAC on my gaming account as well and that may have been the fix.

narv107 on
This discussion has been closed.