As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Help!] Warcraft III TFT

XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Games and Technology
ok so weird thing. Every thursday my friends and I get together on vent and/or skype and play some 3v3 Warcraft III TFT. We've been doing this for years and years. Tonight I create a game as usual and we all get on. Except my one friend. He's sitting next to me trying to join, but every time he joins the game, he gets booted back to the initial battlenet screen.

we can't figure out why.

some info on the dilema.

1: all of our CD keys are unique and legit and have been in use for some time.
2: while my friend and I are on a router (linksys), we can't see how it would matter as we've been playing on this router for over 5 years.
3: last thursday we played just fine (like every thursday before that).
4: he CAN join public games .... except when hosted by myself or any of the other 4 people we play with.
5: we tried everything we could think of (opening ports 6112-6114 on his comp) (even a system restore) (etc.)
6: no new software or hardware has been installed on his comp since last week
7: joining games on steam (DoD etc.) works fine for him

argh

anyone have any ideas?

Xaquin on

• HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Um.. get him to host and see if you can all join him I guess?
    That and try the official blizzard forums as well, they might have a better idea

Hitsuraptor on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ah sorry

we tried that and we couldn't join his game.

other people could.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that it was just people on his friend list that aren't compatible. I don't think that's possible though =/

Xaquin on
  • HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Been awhile since I've I played War3 but is there an option for banning people? Maybe he's blocked all of you somehow, and is doing a fresh install an option? (Just backup the map folder) I know that's probably not the best solution but might be worth a go, though it might pay off to swap computers with you buddy first but use your own account. See if it's a battle.net issue, or an issue on your end before doing any re-installs

edit : oh and was there any patches lately that he might not have?

and I saw this
    try changing the game port...
    in main menu..
    options...
    gameplay...
    but you've probably already done that

Hitsuraptor on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I seem to recall having a similar problem with my roommates about 3 years ago. Sadly, I cannot recall what the solution to the problem was.

I guess my one thought (and this is mostly just a "duh" thing) is to make sure you're all connecting to the same b.net host, either USEast or USWest.

Lucascraft on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If you're both on the same router, that would be your problem.

Have someone else host the game and see what happens.

Since you can't have the same port open to two separate clients on the router, you often run into this flukey problems when playing online games on multiple PCs on one router, especially older games.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    If you're both on the same router, that would be your problem.

Have someone else host the game and see what happens.

Since you can't have the same port open to two separate clients on the router, you often run into this flukey problems when playing online games on multiple PCs on one router, especially older games.

actually, there are three computers on my router. 2 are mine, and his he brings over. Mine can connect using his battle net name, but his cannot.

so far our plan is to hope the problem goes away by next week =/

also, none of us have that WC3 banlist program, so I don't think that's the problem.

thanks all

Xaquin on