As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW]New [Chat]? For me? I promise I won't break it this time!

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    When I go to Blizzcon I am going to ask how hard would it be to program a footlocker/closet or whatever to hold armour, clothing and tabards.

Brainleech on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Probably not that hard. The basic functionality is already there with the keychain. They could just add something similar to the bank box for armor/tabards. I don't know how well their database could handle unlimited storage on that scale so they'd probably want to place a few restrictions on it.

Poketpixie on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Blizz asks themselves these questions:
    1) What priority is it? How important is it that this be added to the game?
    2) What impact will it have on the game? What will adding this feature do to how people play?
    3) How difficult will it be to add to the game? Is it worth our time to do this?

My guess is the answers for this are: 1) Not high at all, 2) Extra bag/bank space and some convience, 3) Not hard in the end (it's basically setting up a bag filter for equippable items), but would require UI people to figure out where to put it, the database guys to see how large it can be, the mechanics guys to decide how and for how much the player purchases it as well as if they want it all-at-once or in upgradable chunks, and for bugs to be ironed out in the system before deployment so people's armor isn't being lost when using it.

Opty on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think they just don't want to do it for balance reasons. They want to keep the "space management" aspect intact.

captaink on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    They could at least put in an achievement for those who seek to store in the bank complete T0 sets for all nine original classes.

SabreMau on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    captaink wrote: »
    format wrote: »
    Fryhole wrote: »
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    Does anyone go after the world dragons anymore?

they are 2 mannable. i did it dk+holypaladin. and give a decent amount of money, i think like 150g split up between the party. so if you can catch them all on the same night its some good money.

although to speed up the kills it is a ton faster to 3 man. the breath that increases the cooldown on all your skills is annoying. I had something like a 20 second cooldown on flash of light. i felt impotent.

Wait, which dragons are you talking about? I know about the random emerald dragons, but I didn't think more than 1 of them would be out at at time. Is there a trick to seeing if they're up or do you have to do a world tour and check if they're out? Other than that I remember the guy in Azshara, but that's it.

Emeriss, Ysondre, lethon, and taerar, all can spawn in either Duskwood, Ashenvale, Hinterlands and Feralas.

Azuregos spawns in Azshara also.

Only one dragon in each spot but you can find them all in one night(if you are lucky), then finish off the night with an onyxia and a 4 man magtheridon and you can call it a night.

edit: we basically got lucky one day in that we went looking for the world dragons and we found 3 of them in a row. after that day we knew that since they have similar (or the exact same) spawn timer when one was up we knew the others were also. i don't know if they can all be up at the exact same time but is definitely possible to kill them one after another, so either they can all be up at once or they spawn right after another is killed.

we start in duskwood have the DK death gate and fly to hinterlands then portal to darnassus and go to feralas then up to ashenvale and over to azshara. we dont always get all 5 but 3 isn't uncommon.

I suppose if you had a bunch of alts you can plant 5 of them in the 5 different locations and just log on them all to see if any are up.

EDIT EDIT:
    wowhead offers the following disclaimer: don't try to solo, you will be permanently put to sleep until you die.

When my guild was doing them for AQ back in Vanilla, all 4 greens would regularly spawn at the same time. I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday afternoons. We had alts parked for scouting, and we'd rush to one of the easier ones first.

yea, the old "warlock alt" trick. but, hot damn those old outdoor bosses were fun.

All world bosses spawn anywhere from 6-12 hours after a server reset. The green dragons all spawn simultaneously, Azuregos and Kazzak/Doomwalker spawn seperately. After being killed, they will spawn again somewhere around 3-5 days later. If the server resets at all in that time period, then their spawn timer will be reset to 6-12 hours after that reset.

Dehumanized on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »
    They could at least put in an achievement for those who seek to store in the bank complete T0 sets for all nine original classes.

"Masochist"

Tav on
    edited June 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »

"Masochist"

That really ought to be a title, too.

SabreMau on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, so it turns out most of my guild's senior officers, including our raid leader, main tank, and best healer, all transferred servers.

Luckily, the guild hasn't fallen apart, which can happen is these cases.

Nerdgasmic on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Man, so it turns out most of my guild's senior officers, including our raid leader, main tank, and best healer, all transferred servers.

Luckily, the guild hasn't fallen apart, which can happen is these cases.

How the hell does a guild live through that?

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Most of our original members and officers remain.

Nerdgasmic on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How's it affecting things as far as raiding goes?

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Well, gee, thanks for asking. I don't normally go on our raids, but the new leader was still trying to organize raids, so it all seems to be going moderately well.

Our progression has probably been set back, though.

Nerdgasmic on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is there room in the Beasts for someone who just wants to level a DK hordeside to see the Outland/Northrend quests from the other side?

Edit: I've actually got a lv35 druid in the Beasts already, if it hasn't been kicked. I just feel bad asking y'all to invite another toon that I'm only going to play when I'm bored of my main server. But if you're cool with that, I'd love to hang with the Beasts again from time to time.

UnbrokenEva on
  • lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Is there room in the Beasts for someone who just wants to level a DK hordeside to see the Outland/Northrend quests from the other side?

Edit: I've actually got a lv35 druid in the Beasts already, if it hasn't been kicked. I just feel bad asking y'all to invite another toon that I'm only going to play when I'm bored of my main server. But if you're cool with that, I'd love to hang with the Beasts again from time to time.

Hop on your druid, and I highly doubt your druid has been kicked out of the guild, and see if anyone is on to invite your death knight. Chances are one of the higher ups will be on and won't mind inviting you. Best of luck.

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

You're quite welcome. The only requirement we place on members is that they not be dicks.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Saeris wrote: »

You're quite welcome. The only requirement we place on members is that they not be dicks.

Thus is MUNKUS LAW.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've got a macro/script question that my guild and I are trying to figure out.

We're talking about various macros, like gear and talent switching, and one of our paladins says you can type /in 10 following by something else, like /ra RUN! or /equipset DPS, and it'll do that command in 10 seconds. He runs with very little mods, so he says he's positive it's a built in WoW command.

It works for him just fine. For me and another DK, it doesn't work at all. The weird thing being it USED TO for the DK, because he made a macro for doing the Consumption Junction using it, and it worked perfectly.

We're trying to pin down whether this is a mod function, or if it's built into the game. But we keep coming up empty. So does anybody know anything about this mythical /in command, and either how it works or what mod is doing it?

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It must be an addon or mod, because macroes CANNOT tell time in WoW. Blizzard has made it very clear that macroing with time commands is not allowed in the game.

tehmarken on
    edited June 2009
    I've got a macro/script question that my guild and I are trying to figure out.

We're talking about various macros, like gear and talent switching, and one of our paladins says you can type /in 10 following by something else, like /ra RUN! or /equipset DPS, and it'll do that command in 10 seconds. He runs with very little mods, so he says he's positive it's a built in WoW command.

It works for him just fine. For me and another DK, it doesn't work at all. The weird thing being it USED TO for the DK, because he made a macro for doing the Consumption Junction using it, and it worked perfectly.

We're trying to pin down whether this is a mod function, or if it's built into the game. But we keep coming up empty. So does anybody know anything about this mythical /in command, and either how it works or what mod is doing it?

Your paladin friend needs to stop making assumptions, because that's an addon slash command. It originated in one of Cosmos's libraries a long time ago and has persisted throughout a few different places across the years. It only works for insecure slash commands, nothing like /cast.

All it's doing is taking the text after the "/in 10", waiting 10 seconds, then running that as its own command. It's just a sophisticated version of what you can accomplish with "/script".

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Thanks guys. That's what I and the DK thought. We just need to figure out what mod he was using months ago that he's not using now, and what our paladin is using. I had searched on Google and found the Cosmos reference, but he said he never used it at all.

But there is absolute, positivally, no /in command in the basic WoW interface. Perfect, that's all we wanted to know, thanks. :)

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Anyone know of a good place to level weapon skill?

khain on
    edited June 2009
    khain wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good place to level weapon skill?

I think all of the cheap and easy places you could park and AFK are gone. Violet Hold (before the instance is started) isn't too bad, though.

Dehumanized on
    edited June 2009
    Did they finally fix the Dire Maul ghosts? I got up to 400/400 on everything using those a while back.

SabreMau on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, they fixed them. There are no autoattack/AFK weapon skill leveling places anymore.

reVerse on
    edited June 2009
    They still haven't taken the popularity of those places as a massive fucking clue that weapon skill is downright dumb and only made sense back when you had to spend "skill points" to gain skills?

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    Just make weapon skill an automatic 5 * level and hide it from view, already.

Echo on
    edited June 2009
    Are you sure they fixed the elemental bubble guys in Shadowmoon, though? They're not actually immune, they just absorb everything, so it seems like they'd be safe from a technical sweep of all immunes.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • GorkGork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If you're Alliance, the graveyard trick in Wintergrasp works pretty well.

There's one spot you can stand on at the Alliance spirit rezzer that gives you the immunity debuff. Pull a mob over to it and go to town.

Gork on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Gork wrote: »

There's one spot you can stand on at the Alliance spirit rezzer that gives you the immunity debuff. Pull a mob over to it and go to town.

does the mob get the immunity buff too?

Dhalphir on
  • wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I got see Heigan for the first time this weekend, apparently I need dancing lessons. And I got out rolled on the shoulder token, 82 to 81. No biggie though, it went to someone who also needed it.

wusoldjr on
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    Does anyone go after the world dragons anymore?

they are 2 mannable. i did it dk+holypaladin. and give a decent amount of money, i think like 150g split up between the party. so if you can catch them all on the same night its some good money.

although to speed up the kills it is a ton faster to 3 man. the breath that increases the cooldown on all your skills is annoying. I had something like a 20 second cooldown on flash of light. i felt impotent.

I found Taerer in Duskwood, and got two of my guildies, telling them that they can be 2 manned. My DK, a priest and another DK. The other DK tanked, and I DPS'd.

Slaughter ensued. We were on the wrong end of the slaughter.

860k hit points and we got him down to 600k when he pops his little army of three dragons. We killed them quickly enough but when Taerer came back he slept us and killed the priest. Game over.

We called another guildie, pally, and he got on and came to, what was supposed to be, our rescue. He didn't bring his healing gear, so he was another tank. Not needed. So we die and get hit with another 15 minutes of that stupid curse/sickness/disease/whatever it is that makes you really susceptible to nature damage.

So I /who a mage sitting in SW and invite him. The DK tank switches to his Hunter, the pally gets his healing gear and I switch to my tank gear.

Thats 5 of us. We killed him good.

22g for each one of us. Three purple items, two blue boe items, a bag of gems, and two greens.
    Not a bad haul.

I can't wait till I have the skillzzz and gear to two man a world dragon. And geez, that effin cooldown shit is ass, ass, ass.

Shawnasee on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    On weapon skill: I used the eggs in Sholazar's fire proto-drake area. They spawn quickly, if you do it right the dragons leave you alone, and with shitty weapon skill and a white weak fast weapon from Dal you'll be beating on the same one until you're 300+ even though they only have like 6k health.

Opty on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Looking at MMOChamp, it seems Blizzard posted that they removed non-boss chests from every Outland dungeon to prevent exploits. Wha?
    I'm still annoyed about there being no chests in all of Northrend (and that the dwarf "Find Treasure" ability doesn't do a damn thing on the entire continent) and now they're removed from Outland dungeons as well. What was this exploit?

Lars on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Saeris wrote: »
    Are you sure they fixed the elemental bubble guys in Shadowmoon, though? They're not actually immune, they just absorb everything, so it seems like they'd be safe from a technical sweep of all immunes.

Those were the first ones they fixed. Then the Blasted Lands guys, then the Slab boss, then the fire maul guys and anything else still around.

You would think they'd get the hint after "fixing" these things over and over and over but nope. They just keep on trucking with that horrible mechanic.

-SPI- on
    edited June 2009
    Lars wrote: »
    Looking at MMOChamp, it seems Blizzard posted that they removed non-boss chests from every Outland dungeon to prevent exploits. Wha?
    I'm still annoyed about there being no chests in all of Northrend (and that the dwarf "Find Treasure" ability doesn't do a damn thing on the entire continent) and now they're removed from Outland dungeons as well. What was this exploit?

Teleport hackers, I'd guess. Rather than prevent them from doing it, which admittedly requires a great deal of effort due to the blacklist nature of Warden, they opted to remove the target instead. This has the side effect of completely fucking the legitimate players.

Disturbingly obvious solution: Make chests non-clickable until all bosses in the instance are dead, or at least the nearest boss is dead. Completely bones hackers since they would then have to kill the bosses (which is still doable, but not automatable), and has almost zero impact on real players. It's probably easy to write, too; they have plenty of objects which only activate when some mob is defeated. Even easier: Make the bosses drop instance-locked chest keys which vanish when you leave the instance and can only be applied to the chests in the instance. Then they don't even need a script trigger, it's just a normal item with a 100% drop rate.

I'd write this shit for free, damn it.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Lars wrote: »

Say what??
    So if I go solo Shattered Halls, there are no longer treasure chests in there?

Say what??

Start the petition Saeris, I'll sign it.

Shawnasee on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Bummer. I was wondering what happened to the chests when I ran some friends through Ramps the other night 'cause I know I'd seen some while running Underbog for spore rep a few days back.

Poketpixie on
  • GorkGork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Gork wrote: »

does the mob get the immunity buff too?

No, but enough spawn close by it's not really an issue if you're just doing white damage.

Gork on
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, it's gotta be teleport hackers. At 70 I definitely abused the hell out of being able to just solo the chests in Mana Tombs by being a rogue, and Blizzard didn't seem to have a problem with it then.

Dehumanized on
This discussion has been closed.