As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The King to star in the blockbuster hit of 2007

2»

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    embiggens?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dislexic wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Hey, I just found an awesome thing on photobucket. Anybody brave enough for a PM?

sure, what the hell.

do it.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd watch it.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Filler wrote: »
    This is fucking terrible. I cant believe people would fucking watch this movie, it's nothing more then a fucking ad for a company. Are people really that fucking stupid that they would PAY to watch an hour long advertisement?

Ever watch Transformers: The Movie?

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This is fucking terrible. I cant believe people would fucking watch this movie, it's nothing more then a fucking ad for a company. Are people really that fucking stupid that they would PAY to watch an hour long advertisement?

That's different... somehow.

I don't think anyone's going to be "so stupid" as to see this movie NOT REALIZING that it's an advertisement. I think they're going to see it because of that fact. Because it's never been THIS blatantly done before.
    It has the potential for cult-classic status due to this novelty alone.

I mean, I'm not going to see it. Not paying to see it anyway, but the concept is pretty surreal. The only way this will keep my interest though, is if the director of their commercials is also directing the movie. Because that'd be pretty bizzare.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I just did not like that transformers movie. I mean i had no feelings of nostalgia towards those things so thats probably the reason, then my friend says its only 30% nostalgia and that the movie is actually great anyway. I say its crummy whatever

FAQ on
  • Options
    CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I don't think anyone's going to be "so stupid" as to see this movie NOT REALIZING that it's an advertisement. I think they're going to see it because of that fact. Because it's never been THIS blatantly done before.

I mean, I'm not going to see it. Not paying to see it anyway, but the concept is pretty surreal. The only way this will keep my interest though, is if the director of their commercials is also directing the movie. Because that'd be pretty bizzare.

You have a point about it not being this blatant before, but the whole reason for Transformers: The Movie was to introduce the Season 3 toys and kill off the Season 1 & 2 toys. The producers talk about it on the special edition DVD.

I think this is a stupid idea also, but it only took one nerd to make a joke about The King and turn it into an internet meme, now look what we got. They're making a fucking movie about it.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    The internet generation has re-invented humor so that we now just take things slightly out-of-context and then repeat them until they are funny. So far it has been working rather well to be honest.

It'll be awhile before we've all collectively had it with these motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane I tells ya. All bringin' the funny to our intertubes every caturday.

What I'm saying is get used to it, we have to destroy society before it can be rebuilt from the rubble and stale taco-shells.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited March 2007
    embiggens?

a perfectly cromulent word

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dislexic wrote: »
    how many pages before the where is your god now picture?

WHERE_IS_YOUR_GOD_NOW.jpg

Done and done.

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

You have a point about it not being this blatant before, but the whole reason for Transformers: The Movie was to introduce the Season 3 toys and kill off the Season 1 & 2 toys. The producers talk about it on the special edition DVD.

Hell, the entire reason they put the word "shit" in the movie was to get it a PG rating, which meant that parents were that much more likely to attend the film with their children (and thus the children could tell their parents right then and there which figures they wanted).

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    If only they had made a scale-model Unicron. One you'd have to store in your garage or back yard to play with.

I guess since Unicron changes scale several times in the movie it would have been kinda tough though huh?

TankHammer on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well they are transformers

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    ElectricBoogalooElectricBoogaloo Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    CROM!

ElectricBoogaloo on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Guys

I've got the touch

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well they are transformers

More than meets the animation model.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oscar material.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I bitch about commercials before the movie, but I actually sort of wanna see this.

What's wrong with my brain?

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DaySleeper wrote: »
    embiggens?

a perfectly cromulent word

This movie's likely to be a total Duketastrophe!

Picture_Duke_1b.gif

Captain K on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I bitch about commercials before the movie, but I actually sort of wanna see this.

It's reached a level where the commercials and movie blend into a horrifying mixture that erodes your sanity and drives you to the loneliest of madnesses.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

Nothing at all.
    Your brain is in perfect, delicious, bacony, flame-broiled order.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    If only they had made a scale-model Unicron. One you'd have to store in your garage or back yard to play with.

I guess since Unicron changes scale several times in the movie it would have been kinda tough though huh?

unicronbird.jpg

Also, anyone who bitches about a movie that's nothing but a hour and a half commercial needs to go watch The Wizard.

The Wizard is classy.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB