As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crackdown 2! Zombies?

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also, the harpoon gun is the best weapon in the game.

Samphis on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Samphis wrote: »
    Also, the harpoon gun is the best weapon in the game.

This man speaks the truth.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Crackdown 2 is easily the biggest and best surprise of E3. Day one for sure.

That said, there are some things I'd like to see in the sequel. For example, get some good licensed music for Christ's sake.

Sangheili91 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Crackdown 2 is easily the biggest and best surprise of E3. Day one for sure.

That said, there are some things I'd like to see in the sequel. For example, get some good licensed music for Christ's sake.

You didn't use your own? Fail. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I was sold on the first one when they first showed its cel-shadiness visuals. Sucker for that style. It's also the only game I thought had DLC worth getting.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Steel-LionSteel-Lion Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This game is brought for many reasons.

But the main one being is that it's Crackdown...and thats all the reasoning anybody ever needs.

Steel-Lion on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I have a bad feeling Tube is going to infract us all because of our love for Crackdown. :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I hope this comes with "Keys to the City" or something like that, cause we all spent an inordinate amount of time spawning a million explosive barrels, remote bombs, and a ramp truck for our Evil Knievel impressions on bridges.
    urahonky wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling Tube is going to infract us all because of our love for Crackdown. :(

We'll use Echo as a shield. "Look Tube, he likes it! YOU'VE BEEN BETRAYED"

And then we'll all scamper off.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh god I completely forgot about the Keys to the City DLC pack. I was just thinkin' of the harpoon gun and buggy. Dang. So many lost hours blowing civilians up.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Throwing the cluster grenade under a car to get it airborne, then using the homing missiles to get it some altitude, then switching to the newer homing missiles that came with the keys to the city, to keep that car in the air FOREVER! could probably have about 10 rockets orbiting the car while it was in the air aswell, i loved doing that, best was to do it in co-op with your buddy in the car with godmode on, just to see how high you could get him.

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Throwing the cluster grenade under a car to get it airborne, then using the homing missiles to get it some altitude, then switching to the newer homing missiles that came with the keys to the city, to keep that car in the air FOREVER! could probably have about 10 rockets orbiting the car while it was in the air aswell, i loved doing that, best was to do it in co-op with your buddy in the car with godmode on, just to see how high you could get him.
    :lol: Oh yeah, one of our favorite sorts of games to play in KTTC: Grab a ped, chuck him from a high location while another guy starts lobbing homing missiles at him, then see how long we can keep the poor bastard airborne while trying to direct his course or flight: I think the best we did was doing about two-thirds lof Los Muertos and about half of that long bridge to the Volk territory.

Anyway, this is definetily my winner from E3 this year, especially when its existance was denied again and again by the devs earlier: I can only hope that the current team turns the dial for the infected stuff up to FUCKING CRAZY so's to utilize all the crazy-high power levels that players can hit.
    That and for you to just be able to keep levelling up forever and ever and ever and ever so you can do shit like running along the freeway at Mach 1 knocking cars into the stratosphere and leap across entire skyscraper-filled city blocks in single bounds.

Also, MORE CRAZY VEHICLES. Driving was a pain and boring as hell compared to leaping about until you hit max level and unlocked the SUV special, after which shit got AWESOME (like taking on the final Shi-Gen boss by driving up the front of his goddamn skyscraper and running him over) so let's have more fun stuff like that (and choppers and boats and stuff, too).

I wonder if some of the Agent designs from the first game'll show up again, I was rather fond of the asian dude who eventually turned into a badass semi-tossing math teacher and that one ski-mask-to-assault-helmet dude from the DLC.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh crap, now I have to re-acquire a copy of Crackdown.

I'm holding back final squeals of pure dork glee until they reveal if the zombies will be fast or slow.

I'm voting slow, so then I never have to play Dead Rising ever again.

Also, Ruffian Games is officially the most Scottish-looking group of developers ever.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This is by far the best news in recent years.

Crackdown is one of my favorite games of all time.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Oh crap, now I have to re-acquire a copy of Crackdown.

I'm holding back final squeals of pure dork glee until they reveal if the zombies will be fast or slow.

I'm voting slow, so then I never have to play Dead Rising ever again.

Also, Ruffian Games is officially the most Scottish-looking group of developers ever.

Here here, off to find another copy of Crackdown. I still have Hidden Orbs and DLC achievements to gain. Who knows when this game is coming, but to have CD1 again will be fun.

I knew something was odd about a Crackdown Premium Theme coming out so close to E3...

Hawk on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    After getting a taste of Prototype I'm hoping the Agents in Crackdown can pull a few of Alex's stunts with high speed running and wall bounding. Not that their existing stunts arn't awesome.

I am curious though, should crazy weapons like the harpoon gun be unlocks or DLC?

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    They are just throwing zombies in everything nowadays.

Ah well, I'm sure the game will rock my face off.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    Crackdown is easily one of my favorite games this generation.

I agree with you in theory

and in practice.

It was awesome.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have to admit, I was one of those people who bought it for the beta. And then played Crackdown about 10x as much as the beta.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So if I want Prototype of Infamous (but don't have the cash monies) and pick up Crackdown (which is like $15 bucks) will I be happy?

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    chasm wrote: »
    I have to admit, I was one of those people who bought it for the beta. And then played Crackdown about 10x as much as the beta.

I was utterly shocked at the number of people who bought for the beta only....... I seriously had to ask my friends why they were dropping $60 for a beta that everyone knew was only a short window of time. $60 for something you know will be closed forever and not be able to use again, assuming you didn't care about Crackdown.

I like Halo, but that idea still puzzles me.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    So if I want Prototype of Infamous (but don't have the cash monies) and pick up Crackdown (which is like $15 bucks) will I be happy?

Crackdown is very good in its own right, the biggest difference is the focus on regular weapons i believe (never having played infamous or prototype) its less... super powerery aside from the agility orb things how by the end your leaping from rooftop to rooftop trying to find the back entrance to a place to take out a gang boss.

shit, anyone wanna co-op crackdown with me haha.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I used to play Halo 2 multi for two hours a day, seven days a week, for over a year.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    StrikerkcStrikerkc Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Don't think of Crackdown as like other games...

Crackdown = Spiderman as RoboCop

If that's a valid game concept to you (and it should be), then you want Crackdown 8-)

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    yeah striker's got it. i was trying to think of a better way to word it since there are some striking differences between the games he listed.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    I describe it more as "You're Neo. Have fun."

Echo on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

i got crackdown for $15 a couple months ago in anticipation for prototype

was not disappointed.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »
    The agency guy is the best voice ever.

He does a voice in Trauma Center: New Blood for the Wii, and I like to think that they're totally in continuity and he's also a bad ass doctor.

Agreed. His name is Michael McConnohie for those keeping score at home.

Wow: "He was the original English voice-actor for D in the 1985 Vampire Hunter D film."

That's my favorite animated film of all time. I want to have this man's babies.

wusoldjr on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    I describe it more as "You're Neo. Have fun."

Yea, but that implies the wrong kind of "cool" that crackdown has, and different enemies.

You are the Super Cop. Your will is Law. You are a big, bulky, armored, instrument of justice.

That and Neo had a coat... none of the characters in Crackdown have coats :(.

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I should really break the shrink wrap on my copy of Crackdown. (I bought it in anticipation of inFamous)

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Do it. DO IT.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    greeble wrote: »
    I should really break the shrink wrap on my copy of Crackdown. (I bought it in anticipation of inFamous)

You'll be happy you did. Just remember, you start out as meh and work your way up to godly.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Crackdown has some of the most fun achievements too. They all sound fun, but are actually pretty tricky... at least for me. Im still missing about a dozen, but i still give them a shot every few months.

Witchsight on
    Witchsight.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    wusoldjr wrote: »
    The agency guy is the best voice ever.

He does a voice in Trauma Center: New Blood for the Wii, and I like to think that they're totally in continuity and he's also a bad ass doctor.

Agreed. His name is Michael McConnohie for those keeping score at home.

Wow: "He was the original English voice-actor for D in the 1985 Vampire Hunter D film."

That's my favorite animated film of all time. I want to have this man's babies.

Cross-posting from the Silent Hill thread, he's also the psychologist in the Silent Hill: Shattered Memories trailer.

So NOW, he works in the hospital, and has a side buisness being a psychologist before bossing around agents!

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited June 2009

So NOW, he works in the hospital, and has a side buisness being a psychologist while bossing around agents!

Don't sell the man short now 8-)

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Strikerkc wrote: »

If that's a valid game concept to you (and it should be), then you want Crackdown 8-)

You know, I think I want Crackdown.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

My favorite part about Crackdown is how they barely get upset if you kill civis or normal police. It's always just "Hey if you kill them you slow down your skill progression!"

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sniping my friend off the Agency Tower when he was all excited about finally climbing it was probably my best memory of Crackdown. There are many other great memories (being juggled indefinitely by the mini homing missiles wasn't as fun), but that one tops the cake.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

My favorite part about Crackdown is how they barely get upset if you kill civis or normal police. It's always just "Hey if you kill them you slow down your skill progression!"
    I always hated the "I'm warning you, Agent" line. I would usually yell at the tv while wishing that all the civilians were zombies instead so I wouldn't get remonstrated for running them all over in my sleek sexy car of turreted death.

When you wish upon a star:whistle:

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I really wanted the trailer to
    have a twist where a rogue agent would come in and all the other agents would get their asses whooped. After how crackdown 1 ended, I wanted part 2 to be a fight back against the agency

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "Civilians are a barely tolerated nuisance, but that doesn't give you the right to kill them!"

Mechanical on